• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

Just saw Sicario. Shit man. Great movie that I will hopefully never watch again

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Saw The Martian last night.

For my tastes ... best science fiction movie in many years. Actual science, strong writing, understated realistic acting. If you appreciate smart, and the reality of space, and don't need monsters or fantasy to draw you in, see it on the big screen while you can.

In the Martian previews, btw, was this trailer.

This is going to be interesting. :)

Loved the Martian. Read the book, saw the movie. All good. I highly recommend both.

I don't know if it's still out, but a few weeks ago I saw Everest at the Udvar-Hazy IMAX theatre (the biggest screen in NoVA, or so they say) and it was surprisingly good. If you have the means to see it on a big screen, it's fairly spectacular.

Thanks Henry - I need to out there this weekend and try to find both of them while I can still see them on the bigscreen. I'm thinking Sunday at 1 p.m. might be a great time to check one of them out :)

I'll throw my weight behind the Martian as well. Loads of fun, and like Om said, enjoyable think-piece.

I always listen intently :) No - but I'll try again this weekend. Maybe during the 2nd half of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking watching the trailer. They use NFL logo, have what appeared to be helmet/logo replicas ... Smith plays a character based on the real doctor who ID'd the concussion syndrome ... it's hard to imagine how they could finesse around it.

I sat there thinking, there are likely to be lawsuits. Big juicy ones.

Dunno..I just thought it was interesting when I read it. Personally the more the nfl is exposed the better I think everyone is. Susan g komen, the weird fines, concussions.

Although it does seem like concussions are finally being taken more seriously

Can't wait to take my 3 yr old son and give the full screen, movie experience another shot next month with Disney's The Good Dinosaur. First time I took him to the movies was about 6 months ago...he fell asleep in the 1st 15 minutes.

Heading out to see 'The Martian' in a couple hours.

the next trailer is tonight during MNF!!

Don't throw rocks at me - but I don't get the Star Wars thing. Enjoyed the first couple but the later ones just never really did it for me.

Don't throw rocks at me - but I don't get the Star Wars thing. Enjoyed the first couple but the later ones just never really did it for me.

What was it like growing up in the gulag, comrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.