• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Jags are still 3-3 in a weak division.

This is really a year to year league as much as a week to week league.

While I expect the Eagles to get better with Wentz regaining his form, they are not going to be 13-3 and run through the playoffs in 2018 like they did last year.

To me the only 'sure' things in the NFL is that the Patriots are going to be in the Super Bowl from the AFC or at least the championship game and that Aaron Rodgers even on one leg is going to will the Packers to at least 9-10 wins when he is starting.

Rodgers really does make up for the fact that Green Bay drafts in recent years have been nothing to write home about and a number of good players have left the team in free agency.

Duhr... because I is dumb and didn't read all of Henry's post, thus I clown myself.

JKC was still an asshole who thought his shit didn't stink. He had no restrictions on how to operate. Money talked. And the press gave him every break in the world. Since, well, they were practically on the payroll.

Today, he'd probably be forced to sell the franchise. Someone would have surely gotten him on a cellphone using the n-word, or one of his numerous #metoo violations. Or his drunken spouse riding on the hood of her lovers car through the streets of DC. etc...

So yeah, he had a much better history with sports franchises. But again, under far different circumstances.

I just think the whole "we'll never win while Snyder is the owner" thing is ridiculous.
Now, I realize he has to do it first. But the winning, is about the only thing separating the personalities of JKC, and DMS.

Money still talks. Rich guys still have all the advantages, and Snyder is a rich guy. I can't believe after 20 years we're making excuses for the guy. He in no way compares to a guy that won multiple championships in multiple sports. A stiff like Norm Snead wouldn't magically become as dominant as Tom Brady if only he'd had a chance to play under the current QB-friendly rules. Some guys are winners and some guys aren't.

If the Redskins under Snyder somehow manage to win three Superbowls, or hell, even one, I'll be happy to revisit this conversation. But until then I don't have a problem with anyone suggesting Snyder can't win in this league.

JKC was still an asshole who thought his shit didn't stink. He had no restrictions on how to operate. Money talked. And the press gave him every break in the world. Since, well, they were practically on the payroll.

Today, he'd probably be forced to sell the franchise. Someone would have surely gotten him on a cellphone using the n-word, or one of his numerous #metoo violations. Or his drunken spouse riding on the hood of her lovers car through the streets of DC. etc...

So yeah, he had a much better history with sports franchises. But again, under far different circumstances.

I just think the whole "we'll never win while Snyder is the owner" thing is ridiculous.
Now, I realize he has to do it first. But the winning, is about the only thing separating the personalities of JKC, and DMS.

JKC has his faults for sure, but if you think winning is the only thing separating the personalities of JKC and DMS then you are nuts. Sir.

JKC understood that you hired the best you could get at any given job and then you go out of the way. He understood that his main job, in fact his only job, was to sign checks for those people and the people those people hired. Snyder may have figured this out and may not have, but we know he didn't have a clue about it for the first decade or more. Smart money doesn't even bet on it today though.

Yeah, JKC had a huge ego but at the end of the day he knew his limits.

Money still talks. But, like twitter, the cap limits how much.

Lots of undeserving know-nothings have won in sports.

So can the Debil. :adoration:

I think that should be our next battle-cry. :)

Anyway, I don't have any problem with hoping we win despite Snyder's many shortcomings, so let's go with that.

Money still talks. But, like twitter, the cap limits how much.

So can the Debil. :adoration:

cerratomovie2.jpg

Vinny is thy name

To be fair, we did just beat Cam Newton. I'd usually add Aaron Rodgers, but he was half crippled in that game, and in the end, Cam is probably the first person mentioned in the "mobile QB" department.

Cam does not get around like he once did...he is not what I would call the poster boy for mobile QB's anymore. With that said, he still got us 3 or 4 times converting first downs by running the ball.

Dallas is not going to beat us with Dak running.

If we lose to Dallas it will be because we turn the ball over on strip sacks or INTs.

The other factor is Dallas can get Elliott involved in the passing game and if we are caught with a linebacker on him he could have a long gainer or two.

Where the Cowboys are suffering is in having their starting center out of the lineup and with the retirement of Jason Witten not having that great in line blocker and key third down target.

On offense the Redskins need to avoid being predictable.

You can't just run the ball on first and second down and try and convert third and long against the Cowboy's defensive line.

I thought we were going to see a lot more mobility and escapability out of Alex Smith, instead he has largely remained a statue in the pocket taking some bad sacks that took the team out of scoring range.

There isn't anything redeeming about the Fedex experience for fans or players :Flush:

The only reason we'd lose is because of Dak getting extra time to throw or worse, running for more than 50 yards mostly on 3rd downs. In fact, the only games Dallas has won all year is when Garret was smart enough to get him out in space to make plays because Zeke can only do so much. Makes me wonder if you've even seen Dallas play a game at all this year.

Until proven otherwise, The Dallas Cowboys own Jay Gruden and the Redskins.

And I am sick and tired of watching them kick our ass every year.

I hope they surprise the hell out of me Sunday but it wouldn't surprise me if they get blown out.

Reasoning?

Dallas owns us.

This game has some significance to it: 3-2 first place Redskins vs 3-3 Cowboys

A chance for the Redskins to step up and make an early statement and tighten their grasp on the division lead.

And now, they are coming off a win and we know how Jay's teams handle success.

We all know what that "usually" means........

"Sometimes,there's just not enough rocks"- Forrest Gump

Was listening to the NFL Show this morning on my drive to work and Lombardi was talking about the Cowboys game last week.

He gave props to Dallas for finally letting Dak move around with the ball, rather than bottling him up. He said that that was the key to Dallas getting their offense up and running, but wasn't sure if they've found the key or just stumbled onto it lasts week.

He also talked at length about what he thought of the Jag's defense. He thought they looked flat and gave up when it was clear that the Bortle's led offense couldn't keep up with Dallas.

The combination of Bortles being terrible, Dak and co finding some form and the Jag's Dee giving up resulted in a lopsided game.

I'm optimistic (as usual) this week.

It's true that Dallas has owned us lately and that we have a streak of W/L/W/L/W going, and that we are prone to getting blown out after good wins...

But streaks gotta end sometime right?

We've been untouchable at home this year, our Dee is leading the way this year (not our offense).... Last couple of years it was all on Kirk and our Offense as our Dee was awful.
We CAN stop people this year, and our offense while not high octane could at least keep pace if our Dee can stand up to Elliott and co.

I think we break the streak here.

Can anyone reading this play WR for us this weekend?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.