• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I think Keenum should start the season. Mainly due to Haskins inexperience at the NFL level. No need to rush him in. Each week gets him closer to being the starter. If Keenum and the team are doing well, you ride that pony as long as it runs.

PS ~ Whoever the starter is going to be, it should be announced, at least to the team, before noon today.

I think Keenum should start the season. Mainly due to Haskins inexperience at the NFL level. No need to rush him in. Each week gets him closer to being the starter. If Keenum and the team are doing well, you ride that pony as long as it runs.

PS ~ Whoever the starter is going to be, it should be announced, at least to the team, before noon today.

The offense has seen Keenum getting almost all the work with the #1's. They know who the starter is brother :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The offense has seen Keenum getting almost all the work with the #1's. They know who the starter is brother :)

You'd certainly think so. Of course, if we're trying to keep Philly guessing, making everyone think it's Keenum, just to have Haskins get the nod, would be a good way to keep them from game planning the rook.

Announcing to the public would also put the "marketing over winning" theory to rest, At least for 5 minutes.

Starting Keenum is the right thing to do.

Haskins has top level talent but only started for one season in college.

Folks that are comparing him to some other highly drafted quarterbacks that started right away forget that a number of these guys were 3 or 4 year starters in college, with 50 starts under their belts.

Haskins has the ability to match or surpass these other qbs in the NFL, but it isn't going to come on Day 1.

And if you are looking at the Redskins team in 2019 we are looking at a team in transition with a lot of new faces and players that are themselves still in the process of proving themselves in the league.

Starting Keenum is the right thing to do.

Haskins has top level talent but only started for one season in college.

Folks that are comparing him to some other highly drafted quarterbacks that started right away forget that a number of these guys were 3 or 4 year starters in college, with 50 starts under their belts.

Haskins has the ability to match or surpass these other qbs in the NFL, but it isn't going to come on Day 1.

And if you are looking at the Redskins team in 2019 we are looking at a team in transition with a lot of new faces and players that are themselves still in the process of proving themselves in the league.

I always felt that if Haskins showed he could quickly master the offense, smoothly run the huddle, and be efficient, there was the potential for him to start.

Although he has looked promising in terms of his arm, accuracy, and decision-making, he definitely is not at Keenum's level of ability in terms of running the offense.

Skins fans are so hypocritical, ripping Gruden for ‘not giving Haskins a fair chance'. He's protecting our most valuable asset you idiots!

If they started him and it's a disaster these same guys would insist that Dan and Bruce threw him to the wolves for some quick $$ and to fill the stadium seats.

Gruden's biggest 'sin' so far was to give Colt a lot of the first team reps when he was not 100% and cheating Keenum, who now looks to be the starter in Philly.

Gruden has also done the same in games with Perine and others. Doc was indicating that looking at the players in camp and practices that Reynolds looks like a better prospect than Perine but evidently isn't going to get a shot here because Perine was Jay's #4 pick a couple of years ago and he has ego already invested in Samaje.

Here's Haskins throws

Gruden's biggest 'sin' so far was to give Colt a lot of the first team reps when he was not 100% and cheating Keenum, who now looks to be the starter in Philly.

Gruden has also done the same in games with Perine and others. Doc was indicating that looking at the players in camp and practices that Reynolds looks like a better prospect than Perine but evidently isn't going to get a shot here because Perine was Jay's #4 pick a couple of years ago and he has ego already invested in Samaje.

I'm not a huge Perine fan, but he looked very good last night.

I'm not a huge Perine fan, but he looked very good last night.

No doubt and from what little of the clips I saw Guice looked damn good as well. Fingers still crossed that Oconnel has a large part of if not calling the run game in regular season.

Sonny J highlights

I got around to watching Thursdays game today. Guice looked great and gives me a lot of hope. Some other good plays by a few guys. I guess my biggest feeling after watching the game is that I'm comfortable with where the Redskins are going into the season. I have no expectations of a Super Bowl, so that may be leading to my comfort level. It's not a high or a low about this team, just a feeling of they will be what they will be. There are some young guys I'm excited to see, but I think their impact comes next year or the year after.

One thing I didn't like. It's late in the 3rd quarter and it's 4th and goal at the 5. Why kick a FG? It's the preseason. Run another play. Give your rookie QB another play in the redzone. If preseason is all about evaluation, then do what you have to do to get more plays.

I got around to watching Thursdays game today. Guice looked great and gives me a lot of hope. Some other good plays by a few guys. I guess my biggest feeling after watching the game is that I'm comfortable with where the Redskins are going into the season. I have no expectations of a Super Bowl, so that may be leading to my comfort level. It's not a high or a low about this team, just a feeling of they will be what they will be. There are some young guys I'm excited to see, but I think their impact comes next year or the year after.

One thing I didn't like. It's late in the 3rd quarter and it's 4th and goal at the 5. Why kick a FG? It's the preseason. Run another play. Give your rookie QB another play in the redzone. If preseason is all about evaluation, then do what you have to do to get more plays.

I hear that kind of criticism a lot. But I think the idea is to simulate real scenarios. The FG team needs work just like everyone else. You could argue, having had numerous bad snaps in the preseason, they may need it more than other units. That's the reason running 'trick plays' is so stupid. Sure, they may work and give your preseason fans something to cheer about. But if those aren't plays you are going to routinely run, it's just a waste of valuable practice time.

I hear that kind of criticism a lot. But I think the idea is to simulate real scenarios. The FG team needs work just like everyone else. You could argue, having had numerous bad snaps in the preseason, they may need it more than other units. That's the reason running 'trick plays' is so stupid. Sure, they may work and give your preseason fans something to cheer about. But if those aren't plays you are going to routinely run, it's just a waste of valuable practice time.

I get that. But they had plenty of other opportunities at FGs on Thursday. I'm not saying go for it on every 4th down. But 4th and goal at the 5, you run a play. If it fails, then your defense can work in trying to get a safety. In that spot, I just don't get going for the FG. The others they kicked, I think those were all the right call. It's just that one I thought was a missed opportunity.

Sweat had some very impactful plays against Atlanta. He took out 3 guys on an inside move an the Greek stunted around untouched to the quarterback. Forcing an incomplete pass.

Sweat does not have super bendy hips but he's stronger than I thought. And super fast.

wow. not Skins related, I know. Andrew Luck informed the Colts today he is retiring. Quick: trade Colt to the Colts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.