• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Would you rather be a Dallas fan right now?

Would you rather be a Dallas fan right now?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Damn you for even asking!

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No preference - both teams are hapless failures at present.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Well - would you?

They've won 4 games to our 5, but since Wade Phillips was removed, they've looked nothing but game, tough, competitive, and inspired.

Color me jealous.

And tally me as the first 'Yes' vote. I don't want to be a Cowboy fan, obviously, but they are in far better shape than our Redskins in terms of potential and future promise at the moment.

The truth hurts IMHO.

That's just wrong.

I think what you're asking is which team is in better shape long term?

Easy answer is the Boys, but I'm not sure that's accurate. Their O-line sucks like ours does, and they have a QB they are emotionally invested in who won't win the big one. They have some nice talent, but they also do not have a plan in place, imo.

Most Dallas fans I know actually wish the Boys would lose more to shake Jerry's confidence enough to bring in a football guy to run things.

To answer your question, I don't think either team's outlook is particularly rosy, but I give the slight edge to Dallas, simply because I think they have a little more talent on hand than we do.

Let's rephrase. Would I rather the Redskins switch positions with the Cowboys?

I suppose. Of course you could ask the same thing regarding about 25 other teams and the answer would be the same thing.

If this was worded differently, say..."Would you rather see the Redskins progressing as the season wears on like the Cowboys?" I would say yes. But be a Dallas fan at all? No! :insane:

Of course that's what I'm asking :)

I am a homer - but the truth is, I can't stand the typical meet them at the park to thank them, rah-rah on Facebook in the face of epic, humiliating defeat, laugh at Dallas when in fact, they're probably a better damn team than we are Redskins fans.

So I posed the question in brutal fashion. No one really wants to be a Dallas fan, but its getting hard to deny that a) they are a better team than we are, and b) when the dust settles on the 2010 season, it's likely we'll be occupying the room in the basement, not the team we love to hate.

Reality. It's a bitch.

I don't want you actually damned for asking, but in the off-the-cuff, "what the hell were you thinking" sense; yes, damn you for asking. :)

You guys understand the question, so enough of the semantics in how I worded it :)

If it makes you feel better, 'would you be more hopeful as a Dallas fan right now than you are as a Redskins fan?'

You guys understand the question, so enough of the semantics in how I worded it :)

If it makes you feel better, 'would you be more hopeful as a Dallas fan right now than you are as a Redskins fan?'

No.

Jerry is still the owner. Most true Dallas fans will tell you as long as he is convinced he is the smartest football guy in the room, the Boys will not win. At least not consistently.

I have to damn you for asking :) I can sit back and admire the way a team is run or the success they are currently having, but I could never fathom becoming a fan of our most hated rival.

How long do you guys think Garrett lasts? I think he gets a contract extension, but it only last three years because of failure. I think the Eagles will own this division in the immediate future and the Giants will be close behind. Heck, they may even swap years.

I say we ****-can McNabb and Shanahan and pay Andy Reid a bazillion-gazillion dollars to become 'Coach for Life'. Hell, name the stadium hotdog after him in perpetuity. Whatever it takes.

I'm immediately on board with that. The fat man knows what he is doing. I take no joy in saying that.

That is a tough question. I don't see the Cowboys having more than mediocrity in the long run unless Jerruh decides to bring in someone who really knows football to be GM.

As for our Skins, I don't know what to think. At this point it is tough to be excited about the future and maintain the patience for Shanny & Co. you have requested of us in the past.

Not sure who is in better shape going forward since I have lost faith in Shanahan.

I say we ****-can McNabb and Shanahan and pay Andy Reid a bazillion-gazillion dollars to become 'Coach for Life'. Hell, name the stadium hotdog after him in perpetuity. Whatever it takes.

I'm immediately on board with that. The fat man knows what he is doing. I take no joy in saying that.

Could we hire an assistant to help with clock-management? If so, I'd be on board.

I haven't lost my overall faith in Shanahan. He is a capable coach. Ultimately, I still think you have to give a coach, no matter the interim struggles, 3-4 years to show they can get the job done. I don't fault Snyder for jettisoning Zorn, because he'd clearly lost the players and was showing no signs of moving in the right direction in year two. But I do believe it takes more time than a season or two in most cases to know what you've really got in a coach.

I think Shanahan has made one major mistake, and that's simply trying to avoid full-blown rebuilding. I think he realizes already he over-estimated the talent on this team and I also wouldn't be shocked if he changes direction with another DC in the off-season. I still think we are in capable hands.

But are you guys watching Jason Garrett? Call me crazy, but I think this guy believes he's an NFL head coach. And you know what? I think players in Dallas believe he IS an NFL coach. Dallas has more talent than they've shown this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jones give Garrett a chance (he's earning one) if the Cowboys don't turn out to be the team to beat next season.

I believe Garrett earned his opportunity to be the Head Coach in Dallas. Yes, the team has made a turn around. I believe John Kitna plays as much a part in this turn around. Old yes!! But he is a smart QB with enough left in the tank to pull off some significant wins. Put Romo back in there with his lack of confidence and I believe you will see something different. Romo will win a lot of games, but he will lose games too. Kitna is not losing games.

I agree that the fat man knows what he is doing in Philly. The way that org is run is top notch!

I would not say that Dallas is the favorite next year. I still think that honor goes to Philly.

I think Garrett will have success in the beginning, but I think he will fail in the end. Just a hunch right now, and I hope it comes true!

I agree with Elephant about Kitna. I have always admired that guy. I really wish he was not a Cowboy.

People seem to be anointing Philly the division winner this season, but I'm not so sure yet. That game in New Meadowlands in two weeks is going to be huge. Here are the schedules:

Philly: @Dallas, @NY, Minnesota, Dallas
NY: @Minnesota, Philly, @GB, @Skins

I think both of them can take the Vikings, no matter the locale. And even though NY's game vs GB is tougher than Philly's next week against Dallas, I can see losses for both teams. The last week, I think Philly can beat Dallas at the Linc, while the Giants will play the easiest opponent in the league.

Honestly, at this point I almost wish I'd never gotten into football. This is terrible.

I just want you people to know, even though you're 'damning me', I love the hell out of you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.