• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem: Week 1 Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Week 1 of the 2011 BGO NFL Pickem Contest picked up right where previous season's left off - with multiple players demonstrating extreme game-picking prowess. Gbear stood alone at the top, with a Week 1 leading 14-2 record. Close on his heels, the always competitive tugboat finished at 13-3. And in a competitive log-jam at 12-4 were no less than 10 players, including Lanky Livingston, Kel Varnsen, Yusuf06, Shi no Tenshi, 33redskins33, Ax, Boone, RobinTom, LovetheBeer, and MikeSr619.

What a start to the 2011 contest :cheers:

Click HERE to see all the Week 1 results!

Week 1 of the 2011 BGO NFL Pickem Contest picked up right where previous season's left off - with multiple players demonstrating extreme game-picking prowess. Gbear stood alone at the top, with a Week 1 leading 14-2 record. Close on his heels, the always competitive tugboat finished at 13-3. And in a competitive log-jam at 12-4 were no less than 10 players, including Lanky Livingston, Kel Varnsen, Yusuf06, Shi no Tenshi, 33redskins33, Ax, Boone, RobinTom, LovetheBeer, and MikeSr619.

What a start to the 2011 contest :cheers:

Click HERE to see all the Week 1 results!

Here we are into the 3rd season of this here at BGO and the level of competition is still amazing! I tied for 13th with 11-5. I will take 11-5 any week on every single other Pick Em I have ever been involved, here it is good for 13th. Damn!

If anyone ever challenges our moniker 'the most intelligent community of Washington Redskins fans on the web', the level of competition in our pickem contests is exhibit A. It's just unbelievable.

If anyone ever challenges our moniker 'the most intelligent community of Washington Redskins fans on the web', the level of competition in our pickem contests is exhibit A. It's just unbelievable.

And yet, amazingly, you still let me hang around. Some sorta charity or what?

So I pick Denver and their reliable kicker from beyond 50 yds. misses and Janikowski makes a 63 yarder???

Bah!

On to week two!

So I pick Denver and their reliable kicker from beyond 50 yds. misses and Janikowski makes a 63 yarder???

Bah!

On to week two!
I feel ya Bro. I picked the Donkeys too, only to get screwed. Maybe the powers that be might consider a "What had happened wuz..." second prize. :D
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That was ugly. I might as well have flipped a coin on my picks. That's what I get for trying to pick a couple of upsets.

The toughest week of the season out of the way, it's time to move forward. I'll take 10-6 in week 1. I've come out of the first week with a losing record before. Besides, it's good form to start a marathon a little slower than your anticipated pace.

FWIW, I picked the NFC East games, with scores, on my fb page. Nailed the 14-point spread between the Skins and Giants (I said 27-13.) Got the Jets/Boys score exactly right. And got the Iggs game right, but blew the spread.

This week, I have Skins 31, Cards 13. Boys 20, 49ers 17. And Eagles 31, Falcons 27.

That is an insane list for week 1. This is going to be a tough pull this year, no doubt about it. Thanks again Boone and anyone else who takes the time to put this stuff together. FF leagues aren't for me, but these pick'ems are really fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.