• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Seniority to me when you are not winning doesn't mean jack.

We have seen what a younger talent like McVay did as coach of the Rams.

If Smith knows how to pick players I don't care if he has been here 30 seconds.

In the end if Allen walks away my guess is Snyder won't let Smith go.

Williams will stay as executive and Smith will end up being groomed for the top job at some point down the road.

AJ Francis?

You mean the DT that are himself up to 337 and yet can only seem to get work in camp and on practice squads?

Last year he played a number of games for us for REAL in the NFL and he was as ineffective stopping the run as the other waiver wire guys we were throwing out there.

He had his chance after 3 years of practice squads and futures contracts and didn't show much if any promise.

If Tomsula didn't want to keep him even as a backup for camp this guy to me has no NFL future.

AJ Francis?

You mean the DT that are himself up to 337 and yet can only seem to get work in camp and on practice squads?

Last year he played a number of games for us for REAL in the NFL and he was as ineffective stopping the run as the other waiver wire guys we were throwing out there.

He had his chance after 3 years of practice squads and futures contracts and didn't show much if any promise.

If Tomsula didn't want to keep him even as a backup for camp this guy to me has no NFL future.

And all of that with 3 of the most effective pass rushers on either side of him...

Well, you don't need LT and Carl Banks at OLB to be able to show as a DT you can stop the run inside on 3rd and 1.

Heard the Cold Play song Fix You tonight and immediately thought of this.

That's one way of looking at it. But Williams has only been a Redskins executive for 4 years. Then there's Scott Campbell, who's been working for 17 effing years for this franchise. Not saying that if Allen departs, it won't be Williams. But I'm not sure it should be. I do *get* that Doug Williams occupies a unique position as a legendary Redskins QB from the glory years. But man, that would be a tough pill to swallow for Campbell.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Just heard that the Skins fired him.

Well... let's be honest, what has Campbell brought in his tenure?

Early on I don't think he had much of a say when Snyder and Cerrato were running the show by themselves.

Later on I think the club had some misses but then again the Griffin trade ruined this team for 3-4 years.

We had no #1 pick in 2013 and no #1 pick in 2014 and got no value out of our 2012 #1 pick after that rookie season.

So, that's THREE premium players that should be 'A' level starters on this football team right now.

Can you believe if with Trent, Brandon, Morgan, Jordan Reed and the guys we now have on defense we also had a stud #1 wide receiver and a shutdown corner who is only 26 or 27 years old?

We would be right on the cusp of contending.

Now I'm hearing rumblings that Kyle Smith and Eric Schaeffer are both getting league wide attention with their abilities, and both are potential future GM candidates. Kyle Smith is considered a big time up and comer, and it would appear that Schaeffer has been doing a lot with the contract processes over the last couple seasons. One of the beat guys (I think it was Craig Hoffman) yesterday said that the Campbell move may very well been opening a door for Kyle Smith to have a cleaner path to eventually assuming the GM title.

Skins are a playoff team in 2018 - and we'll make it past the first game.

I'm happy because it takes one question out... the question of whether he'll be back. Not the question of whether he's done, because he has been for a few years.

It's not official yet. The Redskins just tweeted that it is not official.

My guess is that they will have a ceremony with a one day contract so he can officially retire as a Redskin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.