• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'd like us to go after Nate Allen. Vet safety, still young, and if nothing else, we could cause Philly to over pay to retain him....

Miles - so you mean we finally get to take our #2 draft pick from 2010, Nate Allen, and get him to return to the fold? :)

How ironic that would be.

Seems like the Eagles could have gotten more out of that #34 overall pick we gave them for McNabb.

Of course, McNabb was himself a 'bald tire' who was traded less than a year later.

Yes, I brought up Casey Hampton and Ngata in their primes as examples of 3-4 NTs that can make a defense.

No, I didn't have any intention of acquiring either player in 2015.

Hampton has been retired the past 2 years, but I bet he is still better than what we have now inside.

Miles - so you mean we finally get to take our #2 draft pick from 2010, Nate Allen, and get him to return to the fold? :)

How ironic that would be.

Seems like the Eagles could have gotten more out of that #34 overall pick we gave them for McNabb.

Of course, McNabb was himself a 'bald tire' who was traded less than a year later.

Hey, whatever it takes, even if it's in a round about way. Nate has been in the media a whole lot down here right now. He was detained by the FT Myers PD for exposing himself to a 16 year old girl. Never arrested or charged, and was released. He's got lawyers going after the FMPD because of how they went about detaining him, and the shot he's taken to his image / rep. While I haven't been following it on the national level, you know all the teams in need of a safety are watching. Could drop his value for outsiders, and may have Philly waiting to see how it all pans out. The detainment is completely bogus, as he, or his truck actually fit the description of the vehicle / person jiggilin his junk while driving down RT 41.

I think he's ripe for the pickins.... Not a super star, but more then serviceable which is more then I can say for what we have on the roster now. Good guy overall.

Last edited:
We turned McNugget into Alfred Morris via the trade with Minnesota. Not too shabby.

I can see the intrigue in that idea, but until and unless we use any and all available assets to build legitimate NFL lines, on both sides of the ball, investing time and money in skill position players keeps us spinning in circles on the same carousel of suck we've been riding for 20 years.

What OM said. I would do a happy dance of Snoopy proportions if we expended every available resource on the lines this offseason.

I can see the intrigue in that idea, but until and unless we use any and all available assets to build legitimate NFL lines, on both sides of the ball, investing time and money in skill position players keeps us spinning in circles on the same carousel of suck we've been riding for 20 years.

Can't disagree with that mindset. However, every team is looking for that one skill player that is the elite QB to make them championship contender. We can spend years trying to build and stabilize the line through the draft. By then you know none or our QB's will be here and we'll be down the road kicking the can looking under every rock to find a elite QB. You just can't dial them up when the time is right, you must go for them when the opportunity presents, like having a high draft position and if the right guys are coming out, and if our staff can accurately grade that talent. Linemen however, are often more available and a high second or third round pick can find quality guys if we have the right staff to accurately grade the talent.

The fact that Romo has had productive longevity meant the cowboys could afford to draft first round lineman for three years, we don't have that to get us through that period. Unless Griffin show's he has learned the position and we can keep him, which is in doubt.

If a team has what it considers a legit shot at landing a franchise QB, the equation changes. Which looking backward is why I had no problem with the Skins moving heaven and earth to get a guy they legitimately thought at the time was such a player. So far, it looks like they miscalculated, but we'll let one more season play out before shoveling either dirt or more gas on that argument.

Point is we're not in that position this year. For one, I don't believe they believe, any more than I do, that Mariotta or Winston are no-brainer franchise guys. Plus the RG3 story is still playing out here, so it's at least a year too early to seriously think about jumping back into the fray for a draftee QB. Add to that that our new brain trust appears to NOT be the type to give up the bounty it would take to move up from 5 to 1, even they did believe one of the 2 guys this year were worth it.

So the Skins are not, and should not in my estimation, be in the rookie QB market this year.

Which leaves the other 52 slots ... and circles back around to their desperately needing to focus on the big uglies inside far more than skill players.

Not to me. Different situation than taking a guy high with intentions of competing to start.

If they feel they need another veteran arm around in FA as depth ... or second-day draftee to develop long-term as a potential backup, I'm good with that. I'd just be shocked and probably a little dismayed to see them use anything higher than a 5th or even 6th on a QB. Not with the screaming needs on both sides of the LOS.

Iggles are clearing out enormous cap space. "draft" thru FAs and trade the farm for Mariota? gonna be an interesting couple mos for Skins and Jax decision-makers

Choice 1: Pay Shady 16.1 million this season?

Choice 2. Trade him for a LB that may have 8 years in front of him, and save $14 million a year.

Man they are so stupid! It's no wonder that they always finish in last place in the division.

Last edited:
Choice 1: Pay Shady 16.1 million this season?

Choice 2. Trade him for a LB that may have 8 years in front of him, and save $14 million a year.

Man they are so stupid! It's no wonder that they always finish in last place in the division.

You're cherry picking facts. A LB coming off major ACL repair - who had a great rookie year, but that's all he had, for one of the best RBs in the league (he lead the league year before last) who is still extremely productive.

I love the cap clearing stuff. You can eat cap without giving away impact players :). It's your good players who get big money, remember?

I'm not saying it's the stupidest move ever, but it's a pretty eyebrow raising one - and a risky one.

I completely acknowledge that point......however......

When was the last time that a league-leading RB actually won the SB? You may (or you are very smart imho) may not be surprised.

Just go through the names. You know all them. AD, Jamaal, etc.

More recently than a LBer has :)

I believe the answer is 22 years ago? Is it 23 years ago?

Some of us on this board have kids older than 23.

The list is virtually endless. Charles, AD, Forte, Chris Johnson, MJD, Murray, etc.

I'm taking the $14 million and hoping to find another Alfred in the sixth round for 5 years at $500k per year.

More red herrings. The question isn't whether a star RB is needed to win a SB, it's whether the Eagles got equal or even close to equal value. I think it's hard to argue they did. Don't rage cap space - they could have cut marginal players and cleared that room.

It was a simple salary dump. $14 million a year.

It was NBA-style. And I hope this league never follows.the NBA. I'll be done if that ever happens.

The players in the trade aren't equal. But that's not the trade.

The trade is the lesser, younger player, plus the $14 million a year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.