• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So We're Playing the Patriots ...

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
On the road, where NE is 40-4 at home since 2010.

Without, it appears, our top three cornerbacks--or at least without them healthy.

With a veteran FS, surrounded by a bunch of guys.

With our only legit pass rusher trying to play with a broken hand.

With our top receiver making his first appearance since quarter one of week one.

With a running game stuck in neutral.

With our starting LG out and John Belushi at center.

With a QB who to date hasn't figured out how to take his game on the road.

I think we got this.

Realistically, this is a very tough game. I am not honestly expecting a victory. I want to see some improvement in the run game, and with Kirk. As you said Om, I would love to see Kirk not lay an egg on the road. I'm not demanding perfection or even close to it. I just don't want to see any horrific decision making like the 1st Jets INT. If we can get one RB into a rhythm and get a little production, and Kirk doesn't shit the bed, I'll be pretty happy.

Biggest potential factor in our favor is that they in no way believe we can compete with them. I'm not talking about Belichick or Brady - they are future HOFers because they bring it every Sunday. But this isn't Pats vs. Broncos or even the Steelers. Their frontline players will not be especially 'up' for this one. If we come in fired up (this is our Super Bowl), we have a chance to surprise them.

Regardless of what happens on Sunday, I'm calling us to knock an unbeaten team from the ranks of perfection. We're going to beat Carolina in Charlotte in a few weeks - because a) they're way overrated, b) this is Fed Ex Field South, and c) because Brother Om and I will be there and we demand satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Let's add to the intransitive game chaos. Apriori assumptions be damned-their universality is a myth just waiting for evidence to the contrary.

Hail To The Contrarian Redskins!

To be honest if at the end of the game we are only down by 2 scores I will be impressed. Of course any given Sunday any team can win, but the odds are low....

probably a more interesting bet to make: do we or do we not see Garoppolo during the game? if so...when?

Let's add to the intransitive game chaos. Apriori assumptions be damned-their universality is a myth just waiting for evidence to the contrary.

Hail To The Contrarian Redskins!

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

So you guys are so sad, forlorn, and hopeless you're now going to argue the existence of 'any given Sunday'? Anything can happen. Any.Given.Sunday. And it usually does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably a more interesting bet to make: do we or do we not see Garoppolo during the game? if so...when?

Yes. I'm guessing right around the 8 minute mark of the second quarter.

After we plant Brady right on his ass and hurt his ankle.

I'm personally hoping that Bill and Tom are so set on getting some revenge on that team that has defined the term "thorn in your side" for them (New York Giants) that they overlook us this coming Sunday.

12-4!

Yes. I'm guessing right around the 8 minute mark of the second quarter.

After we plant Brady right on his ass and hurt his ankle.

well...Brady has been sacked a lot this season: 18 times to be exact. Our o-line is much better (though we pass less) - Cousins only 8 times.

then again...Brady TD to Int ratio is 20 to 1. Kirk is 9 to 8.

Yessir, this Brady guy is pretty good

The pass rush has been getting to Brady, with and without Solder. He has been sacked 18 times this year, 5.9 percent of his dropbacks (20th in the NFL). But if the Redskins get to him they had better sack him. Per Pro Football Focus, he’s been under pressure on 96 of his 311 dropbacks this year but when he has been able to get the pass off his passer rating is a 118.2. Yeah, that’s a lot better than most quarterbacks are when they have plenty of time to throw

People around the office are getting pissed at me, telling me to be more positive about this game. I respond to them, "How many games you been to this year? I went to the Bucs game ALONE... I may not be happy, but I will be watching this game until the very end, even if we're down by 50..." No way in hell do I think we have a chance. You tell me I'm not being positive, I'll tell you to lay off the drugs. Even if this were in DC, I wouldn't give us much of a chance. Let's just hope nobody gets injured and we play well enough not to be embarrassed.

I'd rather lie to myself about other stuff... like... Drinking 6 diet sodas a day won't kill me... or... Voting is an important civic duty that actually has meaningful impact on society... or... My tax dollars are only going to worthy causes...

I can't lie to myself about the Redskins chances this weekend. If we happen to win, would you please recommend me to your dealer?

slight tangent: caught quick radio station segment during lunch where topic of discussion was whether Brady is greatest QB ever and Bilicheat/Brady are greatest coach/QB combo ever.

In some respects, I can see a yes on both. but, in my mind, I caveat it all with a big asterisk: since advent of cap.....the competition just isn't all that great year in and year out. What the Pats have achieved is great, but I'm reluctant to qualify it against other great dynasties cuz I think it was achieved against lesser overall competition (i.e., competing great teams).

No right answer. just thinking out loud.

I though we were still on the bye. Good news is that we did not lose to bye. We can do the same with the Pats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.