• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tandler: Predicting the Redskins 2016 Roster and Draft

halfway through the season we are predicting next season? This feels like when Target puts up Christmas decorations around the 4th of July LOL

Trent Murphy is now on the DL? That seems odd to me...

Tandler is taking a big stab here that Galette signs with us again. I know both sides have interest but you can bet it wont be for vet minimum again.

I also see Niles coming in and getting the start next season. I like Reed (contrary to my criticism of his health) but I think Niles steps up next year.

I also see Niles coming in and getting the start next season. I like Reed (contrary to my criticism of his health) but I think Niles steps up next year.

While I like Niles, he's been working at getting it for a few seasons.... Reed was born with it.....

I think Tandler forgets we have a new GM... I see more roster churn, simply because I think McCloughan has more contracts expiring and has a full season of evaluating the current roster. We'll have more cap available & he'll make huge changes. He won't spend money resigning guys who were picked under previous coaches unless they are real fits.

My thoughts on who is gone:

HC: I think Gruden will be gone... New OC & possibly a new DC.
QB: All QBs will be gone... Starter will likely be a vet on someone else's team today... We'll draft a QB.
RB: McCloughan revamps this positiion... Jones only one retained. All other RBs have contracts up.
WR: Cutting Garcon, Djax, & Roberts post June 1 frees up $20M... Roberts 100%, DJax 90%, Garcon 80% certain... Likely all gone.
TE: Less change here, but I hope we draft a more traditional NFL TE who can also catch. Paul stays because he has value and still has a contract. Paulsen's contract up, so he's gone.
OL: Cutting Lauvao & Lichte will save about $7.5M... Very little dead money with either. Do it. Let McCloughan continue to remake the roster. LeRibeus contract up.. not renewed (in case you had doubts).
DL: Hatcher cut (not much dead money, some savings). I'd like them to resign Knighton. Moving Murphy to DL sounds ridiculous.
OLB: Not much change here
ILB: Not much change, but I hope they upgrade Riley. If they can upgrade that position in FA, they cut Riley and save $4M in cap.
S: Ihenacho contract up, maybe they resign. Goldson will be cut (he basically signed a 1 year deal worth $4M, because remaining years have no guarantees and are in the $7-8M range. Jeron Johnson is "meh"... I think this position gets a major overhaul, but Johnson might be retained. It really depends on the coach.
CB: I love DHall, but he'll probably be a post-June 1 cut... Breeland & Culliver are obviously safe.

Special Teamers are probably the most "safe" players on the team.

halfway through the season we are predicting next season? This feels like when Target puts up Christmas decorations around the 4th of July LOL

Trent Murphy is now on the DL? That seems odd to me...

Tandler is taking a big stab here that Galette signs with us again. I know both sides have interest but you can bet it wont be for vet minimum again.

Niles is fragile :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a bazillion gazillion dollars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And also, Tandler may be BB in disguise:) They both predict the same first round draft pick.[/url]

I think it is part of watching/studying how McCloughan approaches a draft and FA. Not saying I will be right or wrong, just observing. We still have just over 50% of the season remaining and that is a lot of football. Just based it on what is happening now.

Experts like Tandler and others have their predictions and observations. At times, we have the same scorecard and we disagree at other moments. Part of the fun.

I agree... At this time of the year, it's almost impossible to predict who will be here this time next year... It's easier to predict who will be gone based on their salary, but even that could be wrong if they rework a few deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.