• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cousins Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
October 28, 2015

KIRK COUSINS NAMED NFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The National Football League announced today that Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in the team’s Week 7 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Cousins becomes the first member of the Redskins to win Offensive Player of the Week honors since running back Alfred Morris in Week 17 of the 2012 season. The honor marks the 16th selection by 11 different Redskins quarterbacks since 1984 and the first by a Redskins quarterback since Robert Griffin III in Week 11 of the 2012 season.

Last week, Cousins helped the Redskins record their largest comeback in franchise history, overcoming a 24-0 deficit to defeat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 31-30. He completed 33-of-40 passes for 317 yards with three passing touchdowns, one rushing touchdown and no interceptions.

The comeback victory was Cousins’ second in October, as he became the first NFL quarterback to throw a game-winning touchdown pass with less than 30 seconds remaining twice in a single month since Drew Bledsoe in December 2005, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Redskins players have won 87 Player of the Week awards, including 38 NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors, since the NFL started awarding weekly honors in 1984.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a hell of an accomplishment for him. Great for the ego and confidence, too.

Let's hope he can build on this and move forward the right way.

Good to see. We certainly weren't inclined to think such thought halfway through the second quarter. After that poor start, Cousins rolled.

Congrats Captain Kirk. May your captaincy be on full display against the Cheatriots!!

Congrats to Cousins.

Let's hope it wasn't a fluke.

wow you know how to take back a compliment before the post is saved. Come on tr I got another week plus 3 days of celebrating Kirk's performance. Guess what? Kirk has already moved on to the Pats. By the way, twice is not a fluke. two game winning passes in the last 30 seconds is impressive. That doesn't happen by accident in my book.

image.jpg

IDK...I kinda like that

This honor was well deserved. Good for Cousins and the rest of the team as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.