• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Release: Vinny cerrato resigns as evp/football operations of the washington redskins

Pappas

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

December 17, 2009

VINNY CERRATO RESIGNS AS EVP/FOOTBALL OPERATIONS OF THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – Vinny Cerrato today announced his resignation from the Washington Redskins. Cerrato has served as the club’s executive vice-president of football operations for the past two years, and previously served in five different roles, beginning in 1999.

In a statement, Cerrato said he has had numerous conversations with team owner Daniel Snyder over the last few weeks regarding the next steps for the club.

“We agreed that the franchise needs someone different in this position,” said Cerrato. “I’m thankful to Dan Snyder and other members of his ownership team for the opportunities I’ve been given over the years.”

“Of course, I am disappointed with this year’s results, but I strongly believe that with outstanding draft picks and encouraging performance by our younger players, we have laid a strong foundation for the franchise.”

“I’ve had the pleasure of working with some great coaches such as Joe Gibbs, Greg Blache and Sherman Lewis, great people on the Redskins staff, and, most especially, some of the best professional football players in the world. I wish them all the best,” Cerrato said. “I’ve also had the privilege of working for a franchise supported by the most loyal fans in the NFL.”

The team’s owner thanked Cerrato for the work he has accomplished.

“More importantly, he is my friend, and he has always been there for me and the Redskins,” Snyder said. “He’s the consummate optimist and has always made decisions based on what would be the best for the team.”

This begs the question....does Bruce Allen play raquetball or is Danny giving it up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.