• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

C-A-P-S

So, 2-0 up on the Flyers, Holtby standing on his head, what's to be expected.

They seem to turn it up a notch on the back end of games.

Maybe they're ready for it this time around.

I hope so, I went last night and Holtby looked amazing.

Bet the place was jumpin', haven't been since the old CapCenter days while still working in the area and don't think they had even made the playoffs yet.

Bet the place was jumpin', haven't been since the old CapCenter days while still working in the area and don't think they had even made the playoffs yet.

I went to quite a few Caps game at the Cap Centre myself...this was my first trip to Verizon. It was ok, but the atmosphere was electric. I watched the Caps play the Panthers in Ft Lauderdale last year and there arena was a lot nicer in my opinion.

Special teams are looking good as they blast the Flyers 6-1 to go up 3-0

Those oh sooooo special Philly fans didn't disappoint either, they even got a penalty. :D

Really hope for the sweep now.

Whew! Should a been in four but I'll take it.
No way I wanted to see a game seven.
On to the next one.

Agree, Pen's are going to be a tough one, probably one-of if not the premiere series going forward.
Caps need to pickup the faceoff percentage too.

NHL playoffs are weird entities, lucky bounces and the like can make a big difference.

Almost like the regular season is an outlier come time to predict the outcomes.

I've said for years, while I root for the Caps, I cannot embrace them. My soul can only take so much pain, misery, and suffering from DC sports franchises, and I have been near mortally wounded already over the years by my beloved Skins. Alas, I must remain casually aloof to these Capitals. For I fear they would only further ravage my heart.

Barring a miracle comeback (and kid yourself not, it would take divine intervention), this will be yet another season of promise, perhaps the most promising of them all, dashed upon the rocks of desparate hope.

A man can only take so much.

Congrats to (arguably) DC's biggest pro star, Alex Ovechkin, for getting his 1000 (and 1001) point last night. It was extra sweet, coming just 35 seconds into the first period against the much hated Penguins.

https://www.nhl.com/news/alex-ovech...-with-capitals-fans/c-285588732?tid=279788590

Alex Ovechkin glad to reach 1,000 with Capitals fans
Goal for milestone point 'amazing moment' at Verizon Center

WASHINGTON -- Alex Ovechkin was one of maybe a handful of people in Verizon Center sitting down.

The Washington Capitals captain wasted no time getting his 1,000th NHL point, scoring 35 seconds into a 5-2 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, and the crowd was giving him a standing ovation.

Ovechkin's teammates joined in, standing and banging their sticks against the boards. But Ovechkin remained seated until Nicklas Backstrom did what he has done so often during their 10 seasons together and provided an assist, shoving his longtime linemate in the backside to get him to stand.

"I think he was tired from his shift, so I had to push him up," Backstrom said jokingly.

With the fans chanting "Ovi! Ovi!", Ovechkin stood and raised his left hand to acknowledge them. <rest at link>

Casual Caps fan here. Kudos to Ovi on that accomplishment. I fear that his 'legacy' will never be what it should be if the Capitals don't find some way to break through and have the kind of success in the playoffs that they've enjoyed during the regular season. I joke a lot that I don't have much more room in my life for additional DC sports franchise pain. I get nearly all of my needs met on that front from my Redskins. Hence - casual Caps & Wizards fan.

Casual Caps fan here. Kudos to Ovi on that accomplishment. I fear that his 'legacy' will never be what it should be if the Capitals don't find some way to break through and have the kind of success in the playoffs that they've enjoyed during the regular season. I joke a lot that I don't have much more room in my life for additional DC sports franchise pain. I get nearly all of my needs met on that front from my Redskins. Hence - casual Caps & Wizards fan.

Understand completely. My dad was a huge Flyers fan (grew up in Philly) and took me to the opening Caps franchise home game. Been in love with it ever since.

You don't have to fall for it, but I would highly recommend getting a friend or 2 and going to one game at Verizon Center. Live hockey is like nothing else.

Another great win by the Caps.

Beating Chicago is a big deal, beating them 6-0 is FANTASTIC!!!

This team is playing so well now. If you haven't been watching them, please tune in on Sunday at 1 to watch them play Philly.

Lastly, don't judge a team solely on whether they win the big prize. Would you love watching the Skins go 14-2? The Caps are that good. Trust me.

OK, anyone not watching the Caps this year is missing a fantastic ride. They play fun to watch hockey and still win games. I beg you, please, Please, PLEASE tune into a few Caps games and I promise you will be happy you did,

I'm down to begging all of you to please check out the Caps this season.

Trust me, it's worth it.

So, CSN just posted a statistic: In the Caps last 8 home games, they are 8-0, Five Shutouts, and outscored the opposition 42 - 6. That is ridiculous.

They just added that the Caps have scored 5 or more goals at home in 9 straight games, the first team in the league since Calgary did it...... in 1990.

Holtby 7 shutouts, Gruby 3 shutouts.

Simply amazing.

So noted ... will definitely make a better effort to watch them live.

My guess is a lot of long-time DC sports fans, like me, have it still very much in mind that, well, it's February. Every time the Caps come up in conversation, it is almost scripted.

"Dude, ya see what they did to Ottawa last night?"

"Crushed 'em. Team's on a roll, man."

"Right? They're scoring, playing defense, hittin' people ... and Holtby's ****ing standing on his head."

"Love it. Best in the league right now."

[pause]

"Of course ... it's February."

"Yeah."

Until the Caps show they aren't going to fold in the post-season I suspect there will be many who choose not to invest emotionally in them. A fella can only take so much abuse :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya, fellas.

Just that there's not much other good stuff to watch on Tuesday evenings, so tune into CSN one week at 7 and enjoy the show.

What a great game by the Caps. Yes, much better than watching the Bachelor (or whatever drivel is on the local stations).

They beat the Red Wings 6-3, which is 11 wins in a row at home. 10 by 5 goals or more.

Seriously, you are ALL missing an epic season (think Skins, going 14-2 and then 15-1). You would want to have watched, and then enjoy the post season.

This year with the Caps is the Skins 1991 season - and yes, I am old enough to have appreciated that season.

Come on, Skins fans, get behind a team that will win one and then hope it carries on to the Skins.!!!!

So, Caps pull an "All In" type of trade for Kevin Shattenkirk. Great move. They give up a minor-league forward (who was showcased by Trotz the last week and looked better than he will ever be), along with a couple draft picks (very high, as the Caps will be the top team again). Plus they got back their goalie who they traded for Oshie.

Great move by the Caps.

Come On, BGObsession folks, get behind the CAPS and enjoy the ride!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.