• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Predict The Game. Atlanta.

Who wins this weekend?

• Total voters
Atlanta has had a great start this season. But you guys are seriously overestimating their talent. They won 2 - that's TWO more games than us in 2014. They were 27th in the league in points allowed last year, and their vaunted offense was only 12th in points scored, not top 5. I get that they have a new head coach. I understand that they have Devonta Freeman and Julio Jones (they had them both for their 6 wins in 2014 too). They've got a reenergized Matt Ryan who I've always felt was underrated. And they have Vic Beasley who many Redskins fans wanted us to select in the last draft.

But they are not the New England Patriots guys.

The Falcons had 3 home wins last season - against the Bucs, the Saints, and the Cardinals. That's it.

I don't care if they have outscored their opponents 144-14 the first 4 weeks. The Falcons are not that good. They have major holes on defense. They're likely reading all the glowing headlines right now, and if we smack them in the mouth early, we'll surprise them and send them right back to 2014.

I think Shanahan is going to try to run up the score. He sees the tape from the last game - the script is out there on how to defeat this team. boils down to run defense by the Falcons....and whether...once again...we show up in the second half.

the positives all favor the Falcons. I'm looking for a hard fought game. if it's close at the end....then I'm satisfied. road game. stepping stone on first phase of roster/culture turn-around. patience.

my grading criteria for this season is winning home games first. we have stunk it up in that department for far too long.

I honestly think we have a chance. And it's not just drinking burgundy & gold koolaid. The Falcons have won 3 of their games against the NFCE, and there were moments where they could have lost those games too.

But mainly, I just like our front 7 against the Falcons O-line. I expect Pot Roast, Swaggy, and co to fully ABUSE Chris Chester and the lighter Oline the Falcons have. We are def underdogs, BUT, if our D can disrupt the flow of their offense, we got a shot.

I think we can gut this one out. Offense keeps things going, but w/o reed, we'll see more screens and quick hits to Crowder.

27-23 good guys!

Here's to our guys tackling well this week. Freeman has burst and some power ... if we're going to be able to get after Ryan we can't have that kid constantly getting them into 3rd and short situations. Open-field tackling may be the key to our chances of hanging around long enough to maybe steal one on the road.

My heart says skins but my head doesn't. I think we are down too many talented players to be able to keep up. However, I think our D has a fine showing.

Atlanta 21
Skins 13

That said, I hope to be Wrong in choosing Atlanta to win!

In Pickem, I chose Atlanta (I picked Eagles last week and my reverse psychology (?) worked) but Atlanta is due for a letdown, whether it be a home game for them or not. On paper, sure, it looks like a walk-away win for them. But the team that played hard against the Eagles HAS to be the same team that shows up in Atlanta. (And it wouldn't help if they took along Matt McConaughey for a Saturday night pep talk <grin>). If they can have Hammer, we can have McConaughey and Earnhardt Jr (but I hear he's somewhat busy this weekend).

Win or lose, it'll be a close game... at least I hope.

It's a trap!

Atlanta has to travel to New Orleans for a Thursday night divisional game. Hopefully they are looking ahead.

I don't know if it falls in the category of 'looking ahead' but maybe they keep Julio to a low pitch count with Thursday in mind.

After reviewing Atlanta's game last week; they seem to pull their guards & tackles a lot to get a small gap to run through. It was enough for Freeman and they did succeed in turning the Texans LB speed against them. A Redskin LB is going to have to stay at home and plug that hole.

Is Matt Jones healthy? Just wondering since he wasn't featured much last week.

You know the birds are gonna stack the box so sticking with the run game is paramount. Our rb's should break a couple big ones if atl sells out to stop the run.

On D the skins are gonna have to be lights out. Hit Julio and Ryan early and often, blitz the shit out of him. I'd guess they're gonna feature Hanky as a "revenge" thing too. Both he and Julio should be mugged at the los.

35+ runs we win

I don't understand why Kyle is so over rated as a O.C. He had one good year 2012, prior he found some success in Houston for a year or two. He spent 1 uneventful season in Cleveland and has done a good job thus far with Atlanta. Atlanta has had a potent offense for the last several years, it's been their Defense against the pass that has held them back. One misleading stat we should be familiar with his the high rated defense against the run coupled with a poor pass defense...It's very misleading.
I saw a similar situation against the Giants a couple of weeks ago, but we failed to exploit it. Hopefully that was a case where we couldn't get our new guys up to speed for a Thursday night game. their are a lot of new faces starting this season. We need to do better in the redzone to have a chance. We can't come out flat in the third quarter like every game thus far. I can handle a loss if we play a good game. I figured a 9-7 season so there will be some more losses as well. A victory would be nice though.

I don't understand why Kyle is so over rated as a O.C. He had one good year 2012, prior he found some success in Houston for a year or two. He spent 1 uneventful season in Cleveland and has done a good job thus far with Atlanta. Atlanta has had a potent offense for the last several years, it's been their Defense against the pass that has held them back. One misleading stat we should be familiar with his the high rated defense against the run coupled with a poor pass defense...It's very misleading.
I saw a similar situation against the Giants a couple of weeks ago, but we failed to exploit it. Hopefully that was a case where we couldn't get our new guys up to speed for a Thursday night game. their are a lot of new faces starting this season. We need to do better in the redzone to have a chance. We can't come out flat in the third quarter like every game thus far. I can handle a loss if we play a good game. I figured a 9-7 season so there will be some more losses as well. A victory would be nice though.

Atlanta had a high-powered offense in 2011-2012 (ranked 7th in the league both years in scoring), but not nearly as potent the last 2 years (20th, and 12th ranked). You're right that their defense has been even worse. My point is, a team goes 4-0 and suddenly they are everyone's darling, over-hyped beyond belief. They have a new HC, some hope, and a handful of legitimate starts. They are not a dominant team though - and have as many holes at some spots as we do. This game is winnable. It's all going to ride on who wants it and who shows up.

I like that no one (likely including the Falcons) thinks we have a chance. I'd feel a lot more confident if at least a couple of our banged up guys had been able to go.

The Redskins usually do the exact opposite of what most folks think they will do.

I know, it doesn't make any sense as banged up as we are, but it would not surprise me at all if we played a pretty good game,execution wise, and come close,if not win this ball game.

It's what we do.....lol

Redskins have a big problem today: Julio Jones and Roddy White. I think the Skins will play hard and make it interesting, but the Falcons' receivers will be too much.

Atlanta 27
Skins 16

We have to find a way to turn red zone opportunities into 7's instead of 3's.

This game hinges on two things in my mind. Can we effectively run on them, and can our defense force turnovers. We either have to limit scoring opportunities for them by dominating TOP or we will need the defense to generate some points with a pick six or fumble recovery. I don't see us outscoring them in the absence of those two things.

Posted this in random thoughts thread. But the Falcons have the longest active streak at 16 games holding the opponent to under 100 yds rushing.

I'm not usually into betting on statistical analysis, but some stats are hard to ignore. It's up to you KIRK!

I wonder if this isn't a Chris Thompson break out game. They are expecting, and do well against, the kind of straight ahead, smash mouth running that Morris and Jones deliver. They may not be as well prepared for what Chris Thompson can do, particularly with short passes to the RB.

I wonder if this isn't a Chris Thompson break out game. They are expecting, and do well against, the kind of straight ahead, smash mouth running that Morris and Jones deliver. They may not be as well prepared for what Chris Thompson can do, particularly with short passes to the RB.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Atlanta has allowed 61 catches to backs and tight ends this season, second most in the NFL. The Falcons force... <a href="http://t.co/lYjI9K5jQW">http://t.co/lYjI9K5jQW</a></p>— John Keim (@john_keim) <a href="https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/653229010218958849">October 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Picked up Thompson in fantasy football. Would he be a better start than Alfred today?

I'd at least consider it. But that's a tough call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.