• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

how you lose is important

Henry said:
Those teams just know how to draft.
Nothing more has to be said.
Scot is our best bet in a long while, let it play out..........while winning.

We have this discussion every couple of years and one thing I keep bringing up is that lost in all of this is that wins reflect how well a team drafts. If a team doesn't draft well, they will keep losing. If a team does draft well, they will start winning. If the Redskins keep losing, we really have no reason ... none ... at all ... to believe they will suddenly, magically, pull themselves out of the decades-long quagmire and start winning superbowls. If they keep losing, it's more likely (like 99% likely) that they just still suck.

Draft position is a reflection of the team, not the other way around.

We need to see some not-sucking. That is FAR more important to The Washington Redskins than draft position.

If you bring mid level guys in to a winning environment where players know that they are expected and held to a higher standard they will try harder themselves.

just getting a 1st round high draft pick doesn't mean shit when it comes to chemistry, talent, or cohesion with teammates. Ask Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, or as recent as JaDaveon Clowney.

If you bring mid level guys in to a winning environment where players know that they are expected and held to a higher standard they will try harder themselves.

just getting a 1st round high draft pick doesn't mean shit when it comes to chemistry, talent, or cohesion with teammates. Ask Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, or as recent as JaDaveon Clowney.

Yup! I agree and would just add that look at teams like Seattle who have thrived with no super high draft picks and a bunch of well selected mid rounders and some low rounders and UFAs. Oh and who built that roster in Seatlle again?

I hate the mentality of losing to get higher draft picks. It's a loser's mentality and doesn't work.

So you are saying that the good teams in this league needed MULTIPLE seasons where they got top FIVE picks?

Ummmm ... no. I could have saved myself a lot of research if I realized that's what you meant.

We already have two top five picks on our OL. Just exactly how many do you think we're gonna need? Or can afford?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.