• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This crap again!

BnGBuns

The Rookie
Reaction score
Rival Allegiance
As you have all noticed, the media has not been attacking the Redskins name for a while. I credit this to Harry Reid getting his butt kicked and leaving congress. He seemed to be the tip of that spearhead.

It was quiet for a while and it was nice.

Then this.

Jeb Bush Says He Doesn't Find Washington Redskins' Nickname Offensive | Bleacher Report
(The comment section..just avoid it. Its bad for your health)

And not only that.
The Philadelphia Eagles Media Guide Does Not Use ?Redskins? on This Week?s Cover | The Big Lead

I suppose whenever we are losing or in a bye week, these stories will be shat out by the idiots at Bleacher Report. Which doing some looking around by the guys who write the stories, they live in the big cities. Huge into political correctness (Since it seems to be the popular thing to do by reporters) And majority of them are NY Giants fans.

A superbowl will end this crap.

In all fairness to the Iggles' press guide, don't they refer to all the teams by their city names except for the Jets and Giants (likely to differentiate between the two "New York" teams)?

Nick

Let's be very careful with this. We've tried and failed many times to have grownup conversations about this issue.

That said, even though there are zero new angles to be made, and even though the same old generalizations and opinions-stated-as-fact are going to made, I'm okay with letting it ride a bit as long as it stays civil and resembles adults talking.

But seriously, the minute it goes even a little sideways, we're going to shut it down again. The negatives of this topic as message board material (this board, anyway) have always far outweighed the positives.

This will be the only time we say this ... hopefully everyone can take that to heart.

In all fairness to the Iggles' press guide, don't they refer to all the teams by their city names except for the Jets and Giants (likely to differentiate between the two "New York" teams)?

Nick

Doesn't look that way to me, at least with Atlanta
Eagles-mediaguide-607x356.jpg

I suppose this is another 'statement game' .:twitch:

The iggles.

They booed santa
Threw batteries at people
Have a jail and court in the stadium
Moved the rocky statue

Do we care what those douche canoes think?

Don't care what they think, just surprised that a NFL team would go that way. Are they breaking ranks or is this internal pressure for Snyder to do something?

I would think the NFL would ask owners to support the branding of fellow NFL teams - period- regardless of how they feel personally. And how is an article about Jeb Bush finding the whole thing silly a bad article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Indians had won, we'd be arguing about the controversially named Washington Paleskins. :)

Giants did the same thing with their FB page and publications last week.

I would think the NFL would ask owners to support the branding of fellow NFL teams - period- regardless of how they feel personally. And how is an article about Jeb Bush finding the whole thing silly a bad article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not that its a bad article, its the fact that he is even asked the question to begin with. Also, I doubt the man even watches sports.

In the Big Lead article, the author-Jason Lisk-concluded with the following sentence.

"I’m sure this is just a coincidence."

I'm going with this until credible evidence otherwise appears.

Regardless of its benign origins, its inclusion in the dictionary as a racial slur trumps all other evidence as proof of its deleterious effect on the aspirations and self destructive behaviors of urban youth. It is for this reason that I ask all of us to band together and insist that Nabisco stop using the name "Oreo" for their most popular cookie. It is demonstrably offensive to African-Americans and delegitimizes their success. Drug addiction, gun violence, and poverty can all be traced back to fears of being labeled an Oreo if one aspires to success. Damn you Nabisco. Damn you to hell. I dare you to call our President Obama an Oreo. The fact that you can't is proof of the name's inherently insidious nature.
#changethecookie

I love a good prank post. I was starting to get worked up and irritated at your post.....then POW! got me!

Well played.

Uh, the ring finger? (For Eagles and their fans, that's the empty finger between the pinky and the finger you use to salute Santa Claus ).

There's legitimacy to both sides of the argument.

Indian tribes have stopped taking Dan's money.

but they haven't stopped taking other people's money!

headed down the wrong path with that argument bubba!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.