• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How Do You Feel About A Name Change?

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
How do you feel about a name change?

That's the very first question I'd ask Kirk Cousins if I were a reporter.

"I like the name. I don't think it's derogatory" is how I'd expect Kirk to respond.

"Not the team name. Your first name. How do you feel about changing the name Kirk to something else?"

The single biggest issue this team faces right now isn't the HC. It's not the players we add to the roster, and it certainly has nothing to do with talent level or injuries.

The single biggest issue we have right now is that our QB is named Kirk. Think about that for a minute. We all know a Kirk, and it certainly isn't a football player.

Back in our high school days, Kirk was the kid whose parents bought him a nice car the day he turned 16. Kirks dressed well. Preppy. They were also almost always thin. Not exactly the guy you feared meeting after school to work out a problem.

I don't personally know Kirk Cousins, but now that he's an adult, I can absolutely guarantee two things about him:

1. Kirk's favorite band is Coldplay. I'd bet right now that he's seen them at least four times in concert.
2. Kirk prefers to drink wine over beer.

You may underestimate the importance of his name, but nothing is more accurate in predicting NFL success than by the obvious picture that a player's name portrays.

Amari. You knew Amari was a hall of fame player before he took a single snap. It didn't matter what team he landed on, who his QB was going to be or anything else for that matter. Amaris fly through the air. Amaris dunk. Amaris sign autographs, get chicks and land shoe endorsement deals.

It's the same way you knew that Dante Fowler's body was made out of wet cardboard.

So Kirk, enough of the football talk nonsense. No one cares about your film study.

How do you feel about a name change?

Not gonna lie, your goofy obsession with player names is something that always gives me a good laugh. It hasn't gotten old yet :D

You're just lucky Kirk Douglas isn't alive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amari is a bum...bad knees, overpaid, hated

Kirk Gibson has one of the greatest highlights ever in sports.

Dante? Dante was the crybaby from clerks who whined all the time that "he wasn't even supposed to be there"

Dunno, McD. If he becomes a team Captain ...

He's a quarterback, dammit, not a cellist.

At this point, getting everybody to just call him Kirk, and nothing else, would be a start. ;)

You mean vs. 'Pick'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirk Douglas is dead? Better tell the guy selling off all his old stuff for charitable causes!

I must be naive.
When I saw the title in this thread and the number of replies already, I thought it was clearly about the Chad Johnson/OchoCinco/Chad Johnson saga.

I thought it was about women keeping their maiden names or newly married names. Otherwise, I have zilch.

He's still an idiot. Idiocy supercedes political beliefs.

I did find it interesting that multiple candidates have now made public comments on the subject I wonder if their stances are more based on their beliefs or their party, and how that impacts the name change debate?

hes just trying to get votes...same reason he said Flacco was elite lol

But I do like that he kicked that hornets nest...I now wear the Redskins fanhood like a badge and anyone who messes with it better be prepared for what's behind the badge.

Well, you know what they say about "Captain Kirk" taking "Red shirts" on landing parties... and doesn't Atlanta wear RED? Hmmm.... (Sorry couldn't resist)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.