• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Phasing out of Roberts has begun?

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
We can't keep watching this guy drop balls every game. Plus he is no longer even an option on special teams.

Crowder has a knack of getting open and coming to the qb's rescue when the plays are breaking down. He is only going to get better. They have to find a way to get Ross more snaps. He has already proven he can catch and get the yacs. Ross may end up being a real diamond in the rough.

Both getting play vs the Giants was a good sign. I think they are looking to be done with AR.

Maybe the most frustrating player on the roster and that's saying a lot with Griffin in the room. Didn't AR perform really well for AZ?

He was always in the slot for them right? He got easy looks with Fitz and Boldin on the outsides

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thought you might be referring to Anquan Boldin. I don't think Roberts ever played with him.

crap you're right... who the hell beat roberts out for the number 2 spot then.... why am i not remembering???

Roberts had one good year - his first. A 50% catch to target ratio for his career. That's what he was prior to being a Redskin. Anyone who thought that would change simply has not been paying attention.
Hello?...McFly...

Patrick Peterson beat him as a returner in 2011. Is that what who you might be thinking of? Not a WR I know but did lose return duties to him. Early Doucet at WR maybe. Had a huge uptick in targets in 2011.

Last edited:
I thought he came in to be our return guy. I thought wide receiver was going to be am option.

Roberts had one good year - his first. A 50% catch to target ratio for his career. That's what he was prior to being a Redskin. Anyone who thought that would change simply has not been paying attention.
Hello?...McFly...

Patrick Peterson beat him as a returner in 2011. Is that what who you might be thinking of? Not a WR I know but did lose return duties to him. Early Doucet at WR maybe. Had a huge uptick in targets in 2011.

If Rod Gardner was 50-50 then Roberts is 40-60.

Hello?...McFly...

There is a problem with the target/catch ratio stat in that it doesn't account for variables contributing to the fact that the targeted receiver does not wind up having the ball in his possession. This can be due to other factors such as the pass being defensed or the QB's throw being inaccurate or thrown into tight coverage.

One I like to use which takes such variables into account is Drops defined as follows:

"This statistic counts the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it. If the ball is thrown but the receiver never gets his hands on it, it is not recorded as a drop. "

Using this does not exonerate Roberts but it does give a more accurate representation as to how well or badly his failure to catch "catchable" passes looks.

Here's a chart I found showing how his Drops% has varied-disturbingly upward since joining the Redskins I noticed.

ANDRE_ROBERTS_Screenshot - 9_27_2015 , 2_45_18 PM.jpg

Source link: Andre Roberts | Player Charts, Stats and Analysis - SportingCharts.com

I am on board with Roberts hitting the road, but he did have a couple of key catches the past couple games on 3rd down to keep drives going.

He is no return man, that's for sure, his days here are numbered, I agree...but it would only be right to recognize his 2 contributions over the course of his career...last 2 games...career...last 2 games.

I remember when he got signed, then got all butt hurt when Jackson was signed because he thought that put him further down the roster than being #2. Doc essentially said then and there that Roberts was done. First, because he had already settled in a role as #2, second because any player with cazzis wants to be #1 and won't just settle.

Nick

There is a problem with the target/catch ratio stat in that it doesn't account for variables contributing to the fact that the targeted receiver does not wind up having the ball in his possession. This can be due to other factors such as the pass being defensed or the QB's throw being inaccurate or thrown into tight coverage.

One I like to use which takes such variables into account is Drops defined as follows:

"This statistic counts the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it. If the ball is thrown but the receiver never gets his hands on it, it is not recorded as a drop. "

That's a really good site and a fair analysis. I would say that possibly he is not the best route runner and maybe that contributes to why the ball doesn't hit hands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.