• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Colt McCoy or Kirk Cousins

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Before I say anything more, I understand why Gruden is sticking with Cousins.

He gets rid of the ball quicker, has a stronger arm, and is more durable than Colt. Gruden knows his offense the best and believes Kirk can run it to its best and highest level. Gruden is hoping(like most of us), that Kirk can overcome these mental, and seemingly psychological mishaps.

I was hoping that Colt would get the nod to start the season. He is the better qb at recognizing defenses, is quicker at getting the team to the line(which makes it easier to do hard counts, make audibles, etc). Colt is tougher than Kirk. Is more experienced, and is a better leader. He also is exceptionally good at improvising and scrambling(better scrambler than RG3 and it isn't even close).

With this division being the way it is, Colt in my humble opinion would give us the best chance to compete(would get us the most wins). Is he the long term answer? No. Can he stay healthy for a few seasons being the starter every week? Probably not. I know that it is tough for many to see Colt as being nothing more than a Browns reject. That is not a fair assessment.

With all that said. Kirk is the guy now, and hopefully his fears and whatever else is holding him back from getting the best out of his abilities, all go away. Desean coming back soon hopefully will help him. What a weapon that guy is. We know Kirk has it in him(remember how he brought us back in the Ravens game back in 12). He has to do it now for 60 minutes. Over and over again. HTTR.

Oh no. Shanny says Kirk if further along than Elway at this stage of his career.

This is a rebuilding year. Oh, you haven't heard the FO say it, winning isn't really the objective.

Next year will be Gruden's 3rd year, and we'll likely be starting a rookie qb. How do you think that's going to go?

No, no...just tighten your seat belt and write off the next two years.

2017 is the year to get excited! Or, maybe we get a new coach who needs to be given a couple of years to get his guys in and get the players to learn a new system.

It's the 'shiny new object' method to keep fans involved.

First off, the sarcasm was awesome! Shanny/Elway/Kirk, great stuff. 2017? Dang you have us ahead of schedule in my book. I was banking on 2020 as our season to make a run.

Seriously, we have too many bad players to be a good team, but we have a lot more good players than we did even last year.
Coughlin's quote that you are only as good as your 53rd best player is really true. Out goes Lavaou, in comes Ribeye. Blitz up the middle, offense gets jacked up. Good night.

Enjoy the run TR1. Scot will turn this thing around. I promise you. As long as he keeps a lock on his wife's twitter handle.

2017 Brother!

Honestly I don't think that any of the QBs on our roster will be here next year, and I think Gruden will be gone as well.
McCoy is 2005 Brad Johnson - a noodle arm who makes good decisions but is nothing more than a poor stopgap.

Agreed. It simply doesn't matter. Neither will be the starter next September.

On 980 their saying Colt is not practicing today, no reason given officially (of course)
Speculation has Griff getting bumped up to #2

Let the games begin ;)

On 980 their saying Colt is not practicing today, no reason given officially (of course)
Speculation has Griff getting bumped up to #2

Let the games begin ;)

You think this story will pick up any steam before the weekend? Just a hunch. Yes. :chug3:

I'm curious WHY he wasn't dressed and practicing. He isn't hurt since he isn't playing. Is it personal? Past injury?

Very curious times....

and as much as it will make people call me a "Robert supporter" I think this could mean he gets back in to the starting role if Cousins continues to struggle. I don't think Griffin is a better option...but they won't sit back and let Cousins continue to flounder if they can "try" something else. That is just what I see happening since the same thing did last year as well.

If Colt is healthy you'd think that he'd be getting some practice at safety or such.

#Redskins backup QB Colt McCoy has an injury, but coach Jay Gruden says he’s not divulging until he has to, on Wednesday

fwiw

Haven't heard a word about why no Colt.

I've not totally written off a return by Griff, there is still that 'elephant' in the room that no one can totally ignore.

As many have said, the starting QB may not yet be on the roster for 2016.

Makes for a soap opera season unless Kirk can get is act together to hold off any moves 'til the off season.

Weird. Could it be the neck injury from last year?

Very odd.

#Redskins backup QB Colt McCoy has an injury, but coach Jay Gruden says he’s not divulging until he has to, on Wednesday

fwiw

Ah, the old injury to make a move..... concussion protocol again? ;)

For a split second, I thought McCoy might even be traded to a team like Chicago.

But I guess it's injury related.

Vasectomy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colt practiced today, supposed to have a cut on foot , no official word yet on status of QB depth chart
No practice today for DJax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.