• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RGII gets 10 days for reckless driving

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
Wasn't sure best place for this, but RGII won't be attending any games for few weeks.

Father of Redskins quarterback to serve jail time in Hampton for reckless driving - Daily Press

The father of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been ordered to serve 10 days in a Hampton jail after being found guilty of reckless driving for driving at 115 mph on I-64..

According to a summons filed in Hampton General District Court, Robert Lee Griffin Jr. was ticketed by a Hampton police officer at 6:15 a.m. on Sunday, Aug 2., for driving at 115 mph at mile marker 261 of eastbound I-64 — near Hampton Roads Center Parkway — where the speed limit is 60 mph.

Griffin's attorney, Norfolk-based Benjamin Kavanagh with Colonial Law Group, declined to comment on the case beyond confirming the details contained in court documents.

Kavanagh did confirm that Robert Lee Griffin Jr. is the father of Robert Griffin III.

Griffin pleaded not guilty to the charge, but was found guilty Wednesday by a judge in Hampton District Court. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail, with 50 days suspended.

Griffin is slated to serve the 10 days of his active sentence on consecutive weekends, starting on Oct. 2. He was also fined $500.

Griffin has previously made national headlines for commenting on the Redskins and defending his son, who has struggled to perform on the field since suffering a serious knee injury in a playoff game in January 2013.

Griffin was ticketed during the first weekend of this year's two and a half week Redskins' summer training camp in Richmond.

115 gets you 10 days in jail?!!

Wow..I'd be doing a year if they caught me doing 140 on our freeways!

Wow that sounds harsh.

10 days in jail? There must be something more to this story......like he was being an asshat to the police officers.

Maybe he was drunk or something? Ten days in jail for speeding?

As a North Carolina resident, I've heard the horror stories about speeding in Virginia.

Why is this even a story? Can you imagine the headline 'Kirk Cousins Mom Didn't Pay her Taxes!', or 'Trent Williams Sister is a Whore!'.

Seriously - it has nothing to do with the Redskins, the NFL, or football.

Did Kirk Cousins' mom ever complain about how the coach was misusing her son's talents? Actually I agree - this shouldn't be a story. It's not nearly as interesting as Joey T's son being a crackhead.
I'm guessing that he could have avoided jail time with a plea deal, but decided to roll the dice. Sentences tend to be much harshar for people who plead not guilty but get convicted anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.