• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Why Thursday is important

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
for several reasons but lets be honest the biggest reason is because its a division rival who was responsible for screwing us over in capgate, and its in their house on a primetime game, those are the games that lately we have become used to losing. espcially after a really satisfying win.

Heres the deal, I am not a pollyanna, I make careful observations and dont get too high, because that has always led to getting too low, I know cousins is what he is, a mid level back up quality player who throws too many picks. but we can win with him if we establish a running game and can work off play action. the Giants are aging on defence, and we are younger and seem to have some mean on the oline now. this is by now means an unwinnable game.

if we lose I am not gonna be overly sad AS LONG AS WE KEEP SHOWING THE SAME IMPROVEMENT AND FIGHT on both sides of the ball, this team was left in a shit state by shamahan who showed clearly that he is not a team builder. so every glimpse of improvement is very welcome, we are way too thin but we are moving in the right direction overall even if we still have hiccups, the main thing is that haslett is gone and we have a dc who understands defence.

Now as for RG3, maybe this is what he needed, a stern wake up call, some time to watch and understand that if he is going to be a starting qb its not because it was handed to him but because he earned it. he has been classy in public, none of us knows what he is like in the locker room, so I say we wait, watch and hope that gruden finds a way to unlock the potential that we know is there. too many guys are saying cut him, but i think its because we have been burned by unrealised potential too many times lol

anyway, the Giants are solid, but if we can come out and make a statement, then this team can start turning around its reputation. and that would make me a very happy skins fan indeed.

Nice job Ryman, I think you will find that the majority here agree with your sentiment.

EFF Mara

This Thursday, Lucy will have the ball set perfectly in place and we the fans will have our finger in the air,checking the wind...lining things up just right, with the thought: "Is it really true? Am I really going to get to kick the ball this time?".

Then slowly,cautiously, we'll take that first step towards the ball. Then another, as we gain momentum..thinking "I am going to get all of that sucker this time!"

Do we make contact OR do we go flying through the air,landing on our back as Lucy pulls the ball away...again ?

Tune in tomorrow Redskins Faithful to find out our fate!

Same Bat time...Same Bat channel!

Nice. That's almost rosy, RY. ��

...plus Mara has sold his sold to Satan :evil:. Didn't get much for it but enough to pile up wins against the Skins since the turn of the century...

This Thursday, Lucy will have the ball set perfectly in place and we the fans will have our finger in the air,checking the wind...lining things up just right, with the thought: "Is it really true? Am I really going to get to kick the ball this time?".

Then slowly,cautiously, we'll take that first step towards the ball. Then another, as we gain momentum..thinking "I am going to get all of that sucker this time!"

Do we make contact OR do we go flying through the air,landing on our back as Lucy pulls the ball away...again ?

Tune in tomorrow Redskins Faithful to find out our fate!

Same Bat time...Same Bat channel!

In peanuts, Lucy always wins. In football, the same team doesn't always win. Despite the Giants ownership, Redskins are due. If we win, Gruden ought to be carried off the field on the Oline shoulders. That's how big this game is.

Every flippin mock draft had the Giants taking Scherff. Could not understand how they expected Scot to pass on the best olineman in the draft.
I would love for him to have a great game tonight.

we should win this game very handily. the gints were not strong to start with and have some injury issues. they are a mid-tier team - where we are at until a track record is established. we, however, have the better defense (and that's a change!)

away game...prob be close....but I have us winning - and not ugly either.

Need no huddle or something to wake these zombies up

The o-line lost their nasty for this game. I mean they're loading up the box but still.

Jones needs stickum too

Thursday was important as it will kick started NYG's season, seeing them enter the weekend at 1-2, along with the Redskins. Eli tore us a new one, several infact, with his no huddle offense and we just weren't been able to adapt to it.

Surely, a blocked punt will see a new punter bought in, and with injuries to Lauvao and Hall, replacements will be looked at.

Thankfully, this game was at a respectable time for me, but it only confirmed my reasons to NOT wait until 3am on a normal game day just to see us cop a flogging.

Once again, flat on our back.

Nothing changes with this team.

I fully believe the Giants could've started their 2's and won tonight. That's how adverse we are to National TV games and playing in NY.

Coaches change, players change but losing to the Giants in NY never does.

More than anything, I'm kicking myself for allowing myself to entertain the silly notion that things might be actually different tonight.

Charlie Brown,I am you.

Meh. We could all see this coming from miles away.

Had we not crapped the bed tonight it could have signified a fundamental change with this team.

Didnt happen. Things havent changed as much as we hoped.

Dont lose too much sleep over this one fellas. Things arent worse. They just arent better. Shrug.

More than anything, I'm kicking myself for allowing myself to entertain the silly notion that things might be actually different tonight.

Charlie Brown,I am you.

That is why it is important to have 2-3 years of success, maybe even 4, before fans start to think we are a winning team. I do have to applaud everyone though for sticking it this long for a team that just doesn't want success. A win is a win, but success is at least 10 wins per season, not 6.

Wow it's EVERY bounce going their way

Edit: Good job Ross...and I like our kicker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.