• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2015 Week 3 - Redskins @ Giants

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Goaldeje

The Giants.

Why did it have to be the Giants? First of all, Thursday night games are a disaster to predict, full of...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your thinking on this one, Goaldy.

No doubt, history favors the blew boys.
Home teams on Thursday have a pretty lopsided W-L record.
NY has been the scene of many a Redskin cluster**** performance.

But a funny thing will happen on the way to midnight on Thursday.

The vaGiants, and their fans, feel robbed of being 2-0. They don't believe they should have lost either game. Despite, losing both games.
After the physical beatdown we put on them Thursday night, as the players soak in tubs of ice Friday. And their fans soak in tears at the pubs until Sunday night. They will all know that their 0-3 record is legit.

This one will be over at halftime. By the end, we'll see the Redskins fans in attendance singing HTTR.

Redskins 38
vaGiants 10

From your lips to God's ears, Ax.

I was supposed to be going to NJ for this game tomorrow, but could not get away from work. It is time we see a sea of B&G in an opponents stadium at the end of the game. It has been one of the most difficult things to see over the years...opposing fans sticking around til the end of games while Skins' fans pile out in disgust.

Our turn!

Also, one of the things that hasn't been mentioned is that the 2 teams that the VaGiants have played both have strong passing games so they were more than willing to exploit that aspect of the VaGiants game. Neither has the running game we have. I would not be a bit surprised to see 3 TE sets all night like we did against the Rams as we pound the rock.

I want to believe. I truly do.

At the same time, I can't help but be reminded of the fact that just less than a week ago, the commentary and perception surrounding this team was still largely negative.

A solid win vs. St. Louis with definite signs of improvement won the coaches and players a lot of praise and possibly brought on unrealistic expectations for a 4 win team at the same time.

I personally am not ready to believe that playing solid football for 6 of 8 quarters vs. two teams in Miami and St. Louis that have been entangled in mediocrity for quite some time (despite some of the praise their respective rosters receive) will translate into a win in a building that has been a house of horrors for us.

Had New York even pulled off one of those games vs. Dallas or Atlanta, I might sing a different tune.

Tomorrow night comes down to who is hungrier and wants it more. On the surface, New York seems to have their backs against the wall and traditionally, they've responded well in those types of situations when they've been counted out.

Inexperience in big games hurts us tomorrow and it's back to the drawing board for Gruden and company.

New York 24, Washington 16

Cruz is out
DRC is out
Their LT is out
Beason is questionable
No JPP and another DT starter, out

As Joe Theismann once said "Boy,I'm glad they're out. Gotta be good for us? Right?"

On the other side of the ball, Eli & Co aren’t turning the ball over (0 turnovers so far); this bad news is compounded by the fact that despite the way our defense is dominating, we aren’t forcing turnovers (1 fumble).

I agree turnovers will be key, but when I read this I thought "That can't be right, they can't have 0 turnovers." So when I looked it up I saw they have a +2 turnover margin, but that doesn't mean that they have zero turnovers. Eli Manning, although he hasn't thrown an INT, has fumbled twice, losing one of them (which cost them the Atlanta game). And, since he hasn't thrown a pick and we haven't gotten one, this is the perfect time for both of those things to change.

Man, I really want this one. The board, the interviews, the media reports are so much fun after a good win. I want more goodness. I want to believe. I don't want disappointment. I don't want to find positives in a loss. Come on boys. Get it done. Make us proud on national TV.

My 12 step program for today.

1. Arrive at work dressed in camo shorts, Sean Taylor t-shirt, burgundy Redskins logo hat.
2. Remain psyched as a 6 yr old waiting for Christmas morning, all day long.
3. Work completed, head home with music CRANKED!
4. Arrive home. Cold beer.
5. Shower. Cold beer.
6. Steam giant shrimp. Deep fry giant scallops, and giant oysters. Cole slaw and sweet purtator tots for sides. Cold beer.
7. Consume until fully gorged. Cold beer.
8. Change into more comfortable Redskins leisure wear.
9. Assume position in favorite seat in front of television. 3 fingers of Four Roses Small Batch, neat. Cold beer chaser.
10. Thoroughly enjoy watching my team knock the snot out of a division rival. Possibly more Roses. Definitely more beer.
11. Watch a little of the post game victory dance.
12. See: Signature

...not enough cold beer, Ax. Find a way to squeeze a few more. I have faith that you can manage a couple more here and there.

Back on topic. A really thorough write up, Goaldeje. I would add that the much hated vaGiants have zero sacks. And as far as their run defense - Atlanta (2.8 yds/carry) and Dallas (3.4 yds/carry) isn't much of a measuring stick. Also, they've only had 45 runs against them so far in two games and they may see close to that in one game against Washington. I'm not a believer in their run defense until they face a good offensive one. Like tonite.

Anyway, I see a nail bitter until 59 min's and 59 seconds into the game. Washington 27 NY 26 on the last play with NY missing a FG on the last play. Redskins have caught them at a good time this year and need to make the most of the opportunity.

I want to believe. I truly do.

At the same time, I can't help but be reminded of the fact that just less than a week ago, the commentary and perception surrounding this team was still largely negative.

A solid win vs. St. Louis with definite signs of improvement won the coaches and players a lot of praise and possibly brought on unrealistic expectations for a 4 win team at the same time.

I personally am not ready to believe that playing solid football for 6 of 8 quarters vs. two teams in Miami and St. Louis that have been entangled in mediocrity for quite some time (despite some of the praise their respective rosters receive) will translate into a win in a building that has been a house of horrors for us.

Had New York even pulled off one of those games vs. Dallas or Atlanta, I might sing a different tune.

Tomorrow night comes down to who is hungrier and wants it more. On the surface, New York seems to have their backs against the wall and traditionally, they've responded well in those types of situations when they've been counted out.

Inexperience in big games hurts us tomorrow and it's back to the drawing board for Gruden and company.

New York 24, Washington 16

I almost wrote something along these lines, I really did. There is an element of truth in what you have written that scares me; and quite frankly, I will not be surprised much if we lay an egg tonight.

However, something about the Rams win sparked something in me. This wasn't the Jags beatdown last year where we all knew we were playing against a College level team. The Rams game was about something different, it was about power. We controlled that game, and exercised our will on the other team.

I'm not sure if we can continue to do that, but that win inspired me more than a straightforward blowout. Something feels different about this team, and I want to see if that feeling continues.

I think it will, obviously. :)

I think your feeling is well warranted Goaldy.

We must, and will, force our will upon them. Early, and often.

Good write-up. I have a bad feeling though. They have dropped two in dramatic fashion and will pull out a win over the Skins. But I'm not a pessimist.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time shaking it too, BB. Two games I've waited for the secondary to implode. I'm afraid this will be the game. Hopefully not.

Good write-up. I have a bad feeling though. They have dropped two and dramatic fashion and pull out a win over the Skins. But I'm not a pessimist.

I'm having a hard time shaking it too, BB. Two games I've waited for the secondary to implode. I'm afraid this will be the game. Hopefully not.

Maybe so - but I'll be damned if I'm going to predict an implosion coming off a big win. And why would our secondary implode with Breeland finally back and our other starter quality corner Culliver returning? We're in the best shape we've been in this year DB-wise.

I'm tired of being a wounded, pessimistic, whistling past the graveyard fan afraid to believe we'll win. I believe we will win until someone shoves my face in a loss.

heheheh. I hear ya Boone. This defense looks and feels different. I just expected secondary issues from the get go, so it's hard to just let it go. Tonight will go a long way to that. Even if they lose but represent well.

Screw representing well. We need to bash the effing Giants in the mouth and dominate the LOS on both sides like we did on Sunday. And we are SOOO due for a couple of INTs. We've had numerous chances and not gotten it done. We get some picks tonight (and I think we will because Kerrigan, Murphy, and Hatcher are going to lay some licks on the ugly brother under center) and the tide may turn early tonight.

I hate the Giants. Really really hate them.

I don't even know if I can watch this game. Just seeing them on the field makes me want to throw up.

That is all.

I hated to be right, but that doubt really lingered for me. Unfortunately, it proved to be true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.