• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How do you beat Joe Montana.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Eli Manning has had for the most part a very successful career. Some will say HOF, others will say no(the picks and the inconsistency).

Let's get one thing straight however. When he plays against us, he is Joe Montana. Picks us apart. Makes guys who were no names, become offensive players of the week. Throws 80 yard salsa dancing, game winning throws with seconds remaining. Just abuses us.
So regardless of how bad the Giants record is, Eli goes into his happy place when he sees the Burgundy and Gold.

Back to my question. How do you beat Joe Montana? You physically beat him. You sack him, you put pressure on him, and make him make rushed throws. So aside from the Oline needing to keep up the great work, Joe Barry's crew need to stop this madness which seems to have gone on for decades in New York. Put Eli on his behind over and over again.

I think you give Goober too much credit. Years of going against Jim Hasn't It, have skewered the results.

Get in his face, and stay in his face, and he'll throw up his patented prayer balls.

**** Goober Manning!

I think you give Goober too much credit. Years of going against Jim Hasn't It, have skewered the results.

Get in his face, and stay in his face, and he'll throw up his patented prayer balls.

**** Goober Manning!

Look, since Dopey took over the starting QB job for the Giants, they are 15-6 against us, and 8-3 before Haslett signed on here. Even 4-3 against Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams.

The guy just has our number.

Beating the Rams was nice. Beating the Jaguars was nice last year, until we went ahead and lost to the Eagles the next week in typical fashion. Let's see how thing go against the Giants this week. That will be a better gauge of our progress, or lack thereof, than the Rams game I think.

I think the Skins might decide to go after Eli with the blitz and try to rattle him early. They really haven't been blitzing much so far, but something tells me that could change this week.

Most teams are dominant against us. She-li is not joe cool. Never will be.

It was usually his defenses that beat us or our lack of one.

Goober Manning is the luckiest 2 time SB winning QB, EVER.

Their defense always worried me more than him. That, and the knack for us laying eggs in NY.

**** them! **** him! Let's get a win!!!

Hey, no argument from me about Manning's career.

I will say that he, and the Giants, are very streaky, and they tend to figure out how to win right around the time they play us. I agree with those of you who suggest that's because we have been a crappy team during most of Eli's career.

Which is why I'm saying, if things are really turning a corner around here, we'll beat the Giants on Thursday.

0-2 Giants. At New York. National TV. Thursday night.

This is a game that SCREAMS 'Redskins loss'. A win might just suggest things really are new and improved in DC.

I think the Skins might decide to go after Eli with the blitz and try to rattle him early. They really haven't been blitzing much so far, but something tells me that could change this week.

I hope Perry Riley can play this week. He has looked like a different player thus far. Other than the 4th quarter vs Miami, I am really liking the improved pressure up the middle. Keenan is ridiculously fast and he will have a few opportunities to hit the beloved mouth breather.

I will say that he, and the Giants, are very streaky, and they tend to figure out how to win right around the time they play us. I agree with those of you who suggest that's because we have been a crappy team during most of Eli's career.

Which is why I'm saying, if things are really turning a corner around here, we'll beat the Giants on Thursday.

This is a game that SCREAMS 'Redskins loss'. A win might just suggest things really are new and improved in DC.

You are a realist Henry. Until we win these types of games, we are not going to be expected to. Ever.

we lost one game recently due to Hall letting Cruz get behind him after we had made what should have been the game winning drive. We lost another due to Griffin "losing the ball" over the goal line. It's been us as much, if not more, than them beating us. Eli is looking to retire as much as Coughlin is.

Me and Mike are going to drag every swinging dick on this site into the light of a new day.

Grab your sacks and hang on boys!

PS - The fine ladies around these parts need not be so man handled. ;)

Me and Mike are going to drag every swinging dick on this site into the light of a new day.

Grab your sacks and hang on boys!

PS - The fine ladies around these parts need not be so man handled. ;)

Stay away from my junk! No means no!

Look, since Dopey took over the starting QB job for the Giants, they are 15-6 against us, and 8-3 before Haslett signed on here. Even 4-3 against Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams.

The guy just has our number.

Beating the Rams was nice. Beating the Jaguars was nice last year, until we went ahead and lost to the Eagles the next week in typical fashion. Let's see how thing go against the Giants this week. That will be a better gauge of our progress, or lack thereof, than the Rams game I think.

Giants have had our number since Gibbs 1 with the exception of a few seasons it would be nice if we can turn the tables on our division for a few years

It's hard to be the best tackler ever. Oh, you said Montana. My bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.