• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Amerson. What to do?

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Did not play at all on Defense yesterday. Jarrett and even Blackmon got the nod over him in Nickel and Dime.
Someone will get cut to make room for Culliver. Probably won't be Amerson, but his play is wearing thin on the coaching staff's patience.

Why wouldn't we cut Amerson? Potential only gets you so far, too far in some cases. If he is losing playing time to others, there really isn't a reason to keep him around is there?

Why wouldn't we cut Amerson? Potential only gets you so far, too far in some cases. If he is losing playing time to others, there really isn't a reason to keep him around is there?

Unless they are taking the time to address his weaknesses in moving laterally(man I would make him do side to side drills for 10 hours a day), then his days have to be numbered.

He is cheap and if he develops that is a plus I think next year is his final year so if he isn't progressing he won't be resigned

I think it's pretty clear he isn't progressing. Further, cutting him now signifies (kinda like cutting Kai evidently did) that we are serious about production, not draft status or salary or whatever. If someone who was undrafted or drafted late is outplaying the second rounder, don't keep the second rounder.

That's a good message we haven't had delivered to the Redskins players for a while.

After last year, I REALLY thought they'd try to switch him to Free Safety. It's probably too late at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if they cut him and kept Blackmon when Culliver returns.

Au revoir, Toast.

Good message. And an indictment of Bruce's drafting acumen (or lack thereof).

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if Amerson would have been on the final 53 if Tevin Mitchell hadn't gotten injured. Ah well, never have to worry about him falling down again.

Mayock on David Amerson coming out: "He gave up more vertical touchdown passes than any corner Ive seen in my life"

Man that's a huge disappointment. Hate to see a second rounder fail.

I thought it was strange when Tandler tweeted that Amerson "needed to spend less time in the bars, and more time studying" two months ago.

I'm not even sure how Tandler would have known that. I've never even seen anyone else make that claim about him before.

Last edited:
Fare-thee-well Toast. Good riddance. Maybe the Calgary Stampeders have an opening.

Amerson apparently is very immature.

He gets picked #2 and has a decent rookie season and then thinks he has made it so he stops working.

Under past regimes he would have been kept so the club wouldn't have to admit it made a mistake.

That said I think the Colts who are down to their #4 corner starting may sign him.

Baltimore is another potential destination.

A bizarre and precipitous fall from high draft pick to afterthought in 2 years.

I'd be okay if the Giants signed him. Today. Give up that intel ya know so good, Dave.

And feel free to cover Pierre Thursday night.

I just hope he doesn't have a Carlos Rogers/Rambo resurgence after leaving here.

Maybe he will. If this doesn't wake him up then he's a zombie.

I just hope he doesn't have a Carlos Rogers/Rambo resurgence after leaving here.
Not a chance. Carlos could always cover. He just couldn't catch. Until he left here.

Amerson can catch. But he couldn't cover his own eyes.

Yeah, I know. However, we can only go on the data we have, and the data we have says the guy can't cover. Perhaps if he has better coaches elsewhere, or develops intrinsic motivation he may change the course of his career. But for right now, I don't see that happening here, so why keep him. Fewell has had the time needed to evaluate him and found him wanting. If he reverses his career elsewhere, good for him, but I don't see it happening in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.