• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I am not gonna say im excited, but im excited

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
we finally have a Dline that isnt a joke, we have multiple guys who come hard off the ball, who understand angles and who get good leverage. we have a DC who understands concepts.

We finally have an Oline that can beat a junior college defence, if they keep improving, we could be seeing a very solid Oline, but I still want us to keep investing resources in it to improve it. it sure looks different when your guards arent getting pushed 3 yards back on run plays, when your tackles dont get turned around and your centre actually goes to the second level instead of having to live on double teams.

I still think we should be working with RG3 on play action but im willing to watch cousins, hes not special but IF the Oline can sustain a running game, and if the defence can maintain this dominance against the run and keep getting a solid pass rush, we can at least be something we havent been in a decade and thats decent.

Im not gonna get too excited yet, but this is better than hating sunday

Who are you and what have you done with Ryman?

;)

I love how, how blunt the offense is. Basically, they say, we are going to run the ball right at you - and there's nothing you can do about it.

I love how, how blunt the offense is. Basically, they say, we are going to run the ball right at you - and there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes. YES. I know everyone says it's a passing league, and passing is sexier and more fun, or whatever. But I swear there is something so gratifying about dominating another team over the line of scrimmage. Yes, it reminds me of the Hogs, and we all love that. But I think it's more than that. Being able to to exert your will over another team is just so fun.

Yeah, the ex Giant even mentioned the great quote from Russ Grimm's HOF speech, about moving a man from point A, to point B, against his will.

Awesome.

This was a solid win against a decent, middle of the road, competitive team. I expected us to win 6 or 7 games but given how lousy the division has looked, I wouldn't be shocked to see us do a bit better. It's amazing what having a GM that has enough sense to add some talent on the lines will do for you. I hope Snyder is taking notes.

We're a few playmakers on both sides of the ball from really making any of the big boys nervous and it remains to be seen if the pass coverage can stand up to a really good passing team, but it looks like we've got a solid base from which to build. Given how bad things have been for so long, that's nothing to turn up our noses at.

The best part of the deal is talking smack to my line Bro who's a turds fan. I've been telling him for months now that without Callahan and D. Murray their running game was going to be crap. Damn that feels good. Now with Romo out for an extended period, it's going to be fun to watch the futility down there. On a separate note, it was awfully gratifying to see us kick Fisher's ass after the stunt he pulled with bringing out all the players they got in the RGIII trade. Somebody pinch me!

Finally, to return to a certain point, I don't think the lack of initial success with the switch to the 3-4 had to do with it being a bad decision as much as it was we didn't decide to get one of, perhaps the most important pieces - a NT. Pot Roast has paid huge dividends.

Yes. YES. I know everyone says it's a passing league, and passing is sexier and more fun, or whatever. But I swear there is something so gratifying about dominating another team over the line of scrimmage. Yes, it reminds me of the Hogs, and we all love that. But I think it's more than that. Being able to to exert your will over another team is just so fun.

Spot-on. We were at the game, and I just re-watched in on Game Pass, you could see the Rams defenders getting worn down. They knew it was coming, but could do nothing about it. Smashmouth football at it's finest.

Thursday Night Football. Prime Time. New York City.

A desperate, 0-2 Giants team perhaps playing for their season.

Every season offers certain Opportunity Games to teams looking to announce themselves, change their paradigms and elbow their way into the NFL's adult-table conversation.

It's all sitting there for this team this week.

We're going to find out a lot about the 2015 Redskins, one way or the other.

It would help if I could get the debacle that was the same game last year out of my head. More importantly, I hope it's out of Kirk Cousin's head.

First down and cloud of dust, move the chains, run the clock. First down, move the chains, run the clock. Rinse and repeat. I loves me some ground and pound.

Has talk of firing Coughlin started in earnest yet in Gotham? The Giants never start winning until it does.

I'm excited! Being at the game last weekend certainly helped to get me pumped. The rest of the NFC East looks "meh," and it's still early in the season. The glass is half-full. :) For now.

Has talk of firing Coughlin started in earnest yet in Gotham? The Giants never start winning until it does.

Not from what I've seen. It's all been "well, this is the * year they've started 0-2...and we know they went to the super bowl one of those years"

I'm excited to see us win a game without gimmicks and trick plays. I'm not an X and O's kind of guy like some of you. I do believe the games are won in the trenches though. On defense we're getting pressure with and without blitzing. On the other side of the ball our Oline has looked solid for two games in a row. The rest is gravy for me ( the running game, 3rd down conversion rate time of possession, etc.)
I don't know if Cousins is the guy but I guarantee whomever is back there will enjoy more success than what we've seen for the last several years. I realize we aren't out of the woods, we're paper thin on depth and the wheels can easily fall off.

It's all sitting there for this team this week.

We're going to find out a lot about the 2015 Redskins, one way or the other.

You said it best... I'll certainly feel optimistic if we win and look dominant. If we back into a win, I'll probably take another "wait/see" approach. If we flat out lose, I'll just continue down the 2-3 wins pessimist prediction that I started the season with. I'll just blame last week's win on a horribly prepared Rams team and we were just another "trap game" for better teams to stumble upon.

Psyched about the defense for sure, but the most exciting thing about the Skins right now for me by far is the oline! They were very solid against the Dolphins, and pretty much dominated the Rams. 2 of the best Dlines in the nfl right there. This oline has a chance to become very good as the season rolls on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.