• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Should the Redskins keep Jason Campbell?

We should keep Campbell and get a QB somewhere down the line in the draft if there are any worth a hoot

Collins kinda scares me with his age and we need to groom someone to take over in a few years

Hear that vinny! We have an adaquate QB, but we need to do that "foreseeing" thing and look down the road a few years

I'd like to keep Campbell, and pick up a later-round QB like Tony Pike or Case Keenum, and hope for the best. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they do not.

It's a loaded question, Spence. If, by bring back, you mean tender a contract than I say yes. He will more than likely be a Restricted Free Agent and I would be seriously upset if they let him get away without taking advantage of some compensation.

Beyond that, I think it depends on who the Head Coach is and what he wants to do.

At the moment, I am inclined to bring him back regardless. Worst case is that the Skins draft a guy in the 1st round and the two compete in the camp. If they don't use that 1st round pick on some offensive line help in the off season the chances are that they will need two QBs to make it through the season anyway.

If someone picks up Campbell's tender, the Skins can either match or run with a 1st and 3rd pick which sure can't hurt the rebuilding effort.

FYI - I would do the same with Rogers. A tender worth at least a 1st and 3rd rounder...

I think you resign Campbell if the system stays WC, but at this point all conjecture is moot. A new front office will probably change everything. No new front office and who the hell knows what will happen. You can't trust Vinny or Danny to do the right thing.

I think you at minimum tender him for a 1st and third round pick. If nobody bites, then you bring him back here and focus on finding some people to protect him.

I think you at minimum tender him for a 1st and third round pick. If nobody bites, then you bring him back here and focus on finding some people to protect him.

Don't think I would tender him that high. The objective is to find takers. Then again, I really don't want him back (and I don't think he wants to come back) but I DO want compensation for him. Like Neo said, it all depends on the new coach and/or GM.

It should be interesting to see how this develops with the new GM and HC. Personally, I would be okay with resigning Campbell and looking down the road to drafting QB in the future. Not all that impressed with the QB class this year, rather use the high picks on OL.

It should be interesting to see how this develops with the new GM and HC. Personally, I would be okay with resigning Campbell and looking down the road to drafting QB in the future. Not all that impressed with the QB class this year, rather use the high picks on OL.

Its not 100% that Allen will fire Zorn...

Its not 100% that Allen will fire Zorn...

I disagree Lanky. I don't think there's any way Zorn will be the Head Coach of this team next year. You can't miss the fact that the offense is improved since Zorn was stripped of playcalling duties. The whole world knows Zorn is in over his head and was simply not ready to be a Head Coach in the NFL.

I was thinking earlier how this will impact Zorn and Campbell. Will Allen want to bring in a new Coach? My guess is the HC will determine Campbell's fate.

Wait and see if Gruden tips his hand Monday night.

Campbell has now been exposed to the Zorn WCO and the Gibbs WCO/smashmouth system. I think we can call him a vet now. It would be stupid to just let him go. At the least he'd be a good backup and with his experience may be able to hold the fort until a better choice comes along

While Cambell's fate likely rests with the new HC, I still think the new HC's decision would only be part of the equation. Jason would be a lot more likely to be retained if his contract weren't up after this season. After what he's been through with the search for his replacement, the situation will likely be just the opposite of a hometown discount. I believe he will ask the Skins for MORE money to stay in Washington and would accept less to play elsewhere.

The new HC and GM will have to decide if it's worth it and if they can win with him. If they say yes AND Danny forks over the money for Campbell, that's an excellent sign that Danny is willing to settle into the background and let the others do their jobs. I don't see that happening though. I think Campbell simply gets tendered an offer that will bring us a 2nd or 3rd round pick and he'll sign elsewhere.

The great unknown is what Campbell and his agent think. I did hear Campbell say he would like to stay. He referenced how well the Thomas and Davis are playing, plus the way offense has come together.

Think deep down he would like to stay, but has this relationship been damaged beyond repairs? I guess $$ could cure a lot of hurt.

Campbell staying is all up to Allen and whoever is brought in to manage personnel now...I'd imagine at the very least, Campbell would get a long look from the new FO.

He should be kept around and competition should be brought in.

Why wouldn't Campbell want to stay now? The front office which held him in such low regard has been dismantled.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Why wouldn't Campbell want to stay now? The front office which held him in such low regard has been dismantled.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Well, at least half of it has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.