• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

My meaning is this.

All the games mattered, at the time they were played. And they indeed helped to put the team in the situation they were in at the end of the year. But to assume everything would have happened the same, if we could just go back and change that one game (pick one) is far from a given. I know everybody knows that. Or should.

There were games we won at the end. Games where the defense had played terrible all game. But, at the end, when it mattered most, they got the other team off the field, allowing the offense the chance to get it done. The bottom line was, for that game, when they needed it most, the defense did what they had to do to get the job done.

Just like a game, a season can go the same way. How we got to that point doesn't matter a hill of beans. At that moment, the past can't be changed. The future can't be told. After every twist and turn, every blown defensive coverage, every injury, every bad call, our boys had the ball, at home, with the chance to clinch a playoff birth. And the guy getting paid like an elite QB, failed to get his job done.

And people think he deserves a raise.

I don't think anybody here thinks Kirk "deserves a raise" so much as they (meaning me) think "if he's going to be our QB beyond this year the Skins are going to have to pay him market value (meaning enough to choke a herd of woolly mammoth)."

Last edited:
Well, he his getting paid market value. For the second year in a row.

Time to show more than fancy stats.

He's being paid elite money. Playoff win/wins is the only way we get or moneys worth.

All true. I was busting your chops a little for saying that people around here were saying he needed a raise.

I'm pretty sure most of us feel he is being adequately compensated for his work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh he's getting paid fair market value, he's earned that. He also has forced the Redskins to pay market value because Bruce was too stupid to lock him up cheaper when a real GM wanted to.

Bruce Allen, the guy that hired McCloughan because he said he needed help because he couldn't do the job.

All this hate towards Kirk is misplaced. Bruce Allen gave him all the leverage he enjoys and Kirk is smart enough and has the backbone to use it.

Anyone here, if put in the same situation, would do he exact same thing.

Well, he his getting paid market value. For the second year in a row.

Time to show more than fancy stats.

He's being paid elite money. Playoff win/wins is the only way we get or moneys worth.

He's getting paid market value, for the second year in a row, because our FO is run by idiots who can't fulfill their own job requirements.

Kirk Cousins has not yet proven to me that he is in that tier of quarterbacks that you can count on to come up big in the big games.

Yes, he is going to have the 325 yard, 3 TD games against Cleveland and Chicago, but if you look at the opening loss to the Cowboys and the second Giants game, the winning score was within reach in the fourth quarter and both times Cousins threw bad interceptions in the end zone when his receivers were covered.

Recall the reaction of Pierre Garcon in that Dallas game after the interception? He knew he was double covered, high and low, and couldn't understand why Cousins threw that ball on FIRST down.

I would have signed Cousins after the 2015 season to a decent sized contract for 2-3 years as he had shown he was a competent starter.

But once the money got to the point where his agent wanted him to sign a top 5 long-term deal, that shipped sailed.

... and apparently never really considered The Cousins' Option.

We are nothing if not unique.

Has the thought crossed anyone else's mind, to keep a close eye on any social interaction between Kirk and Kyle Sunday, after the game, and how intense it is, that might generate some hint and basis for the theory that he has this close connection and preference to him, that will lend him to pursue joining Kyle next offseason. Or would that be reading into it too much.

The one thing I don't get... it wasn't as if Kirk lit it up in 2013 under Kyle in an actual NFL Offense. That's why I guess I'm having a difficult time understanding this Kyle/Kirk bromance.

Nick

The one thing I don't get... it wasn't as if Kirk lit it up in 2013 under Kyle in an actual NFL Offense. That's why I guess I'm having a difficult time understanding this Kyle/Kirk bromance.

Nick

That could have been due to that period of his career, was when he was personally struggling with being a "turnover machine".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.