• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

From what I saw in the "recon" thread it appears that they are worried about their corners not matching up well against Desean and Crowder. I would love to be able to test that as well. If we can open up the passing game it will force them to get off the line...the trick is we have to give them a reason NOT to play so close.

Honestly looking for a breakout game from Crowder this week. He has been flirting with it for weeks now.

8 for 135 and a TD

From Tandlers blurb

—One of the reasons that the Redskins have improved on third down is that Kirk Cousins is playing better on third down compared to last year. In 2014 he was among the worst quarterbacks in the league on third down. Here’s a comparison of his numbers:

Kirks stats 3rd down.JPG

—Another area where the Redskins have accomplished a solid turnaround is when it comes to sacks allowed. They gave up the second most in the league last year, 58. That included a six-game stretch from their ninth through their 14th game where they gave up 36 sacks. That was the most sacks allowed in a six-game span since the 1997 Cardinals. So far this year they have given up nine sacks, tied for the fewest in the NFL. They allowed two sacks in Week 2 and have given up no more than one in any other game. The lack of sacks allowed and the third-down success are undoubtedly related

Honestly looking for a breakout game from Crowder this week. He has been flirting with it for weeks now.

8 for 135 and a TD

Is he starting one of your fantasy teams this week?

Well we know there is potential in our Run game from the first few weeks of the season.

We have apparently faced 3 of the top run defences in the past 4 weeks (though how much of that is due to them stopping us!)

Can we recapture that against the crappy Saints run defense?

If we can't do it this game then we just can't do it.

Good grief guys: "waaaambulance"??? "bitch"??? Are you kidding me?

Here's the deal:
GSF: Stop antagonizing Mike!
Elephant: Stop "liking" posts that are clearly antagonistic toward Mike!
Mike: Stop being so antagonized!

This behavior is ridiculous and embarrassing, guys. You're grown men! I understand most of us, including moderators, are frustrated with this season. That being said, it is no excuse to begin picking at each other like little children with petty posts. I may not post much here (primarily because I'm super frustrated), but I do read pretty much everything and have seen the level of animosity and pettiness in posts between a few certain posters increase as our season limps along. ENOUGH.

GUYS, behavior like this dumbs down this site and is completely ANTI the vision that the owners had for this site when they launched it. I realize we are ALL frustrated, but if you can't do anything else, please show some RESPECT to the owners of this site by respecting their vision for this place; if you can only post something snarky and infantile instead of something constructive, intelligent and meaningful to the conversation, please don't post.

Dude I was just goofing around and so was Mike. I can't help but tease him a little when he gets upset. I post very little and definately don't have any ongoing animosity with anyone. Anyways sorry to upset you. It's just football man!

Special K is a woman. Check out the 'About Us' section sometime. Last comment on this little dust-up please - while you may have intended it as a funny elbow to the ribs, it was not received that way. Make it clearer you are teasing next time and staff won't have to get involved. And we all would benefit quite a bit from a healthy dose of 'lighten up'.

The way I have come to look at it is 2015 is a 'do over' season for Scot McCloughan to try and reverse the trend and mistakes of the past umpteenth years. He said before the season started that he was looking to be competitive but admitted the team was not going to be a contender.

The losses have driven some of my relatives and friends crazy, a few have stop watching the games on Sunday to do other things with their families.

It all requires perspective.

If we were toddling along with Bruce Allen as the GM again in 2015 I would be less 'at peace' with where this team is.

IMO, Griffin is on the bench because McCloughan doesn't think he can play. I think the green light was given to Gruden to see if Cousins could grow with some additional experience under center.

The team really didn't have any other options for 2015, with 52 other holes to fill :)

If Cousins doesn't make it through the last 8 games showing he is growing in the role, no doubt there will be a new set of qbs in here in 2016.

Aside from the poor running attack (which honestly, I think people are way overthinking - if we had been able to keep the OL healthy I believe we would have seen an adequate rushing attack the past month), I think we are right about where one would reasonably expect us to be. We are better in a number of areas. We have mostly been 'competetive'. And we have a long way to go, both in terms of talent, play, and coaching.

Last edited:
I'm not watching games thinking that there is a 100% chance of stupid happening. That's a definite improvement. ��

Bullshit. Kirk can't throw accurately deeper past 20 yards and it hurts every other position. When you throw 5 yards the linebackers can react to the run.

That is the truth no matter what you want to think of sacks or interceptions

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The only WR we've had for the first half of the season who could get OPEN beyond 20 yards is Jamison Crowder. Makes a difference. And while I give the subs credit for doing the best they could, one of the reasons Cousins throws a lot of 5 yard passes and gets the ball out in a hurry is because that's how long the protection can maintain the pocket. That also makes a difference. I would like to see us get the ball downfield more - for sure - and maybe as Jackson gets used to playing again we will. I think there'd be more validity to your overall statement if Cousins had never been able to get the ball downfield - but his numbers in 2014 were much better (top 1/2 of NFL QBs) on downfield passing yards. He doesn't have the arm of a guy like Griffin but he's got good enough arm strength to support the downfield passing game imho.

So, now it's on the wide receivers that kirk throws ducks and rainbows past 20?

Dunno, bro. I've seen kirk throw some god awful passes deep and make horrible double and even triple coverage choices.

It's a team sport. I think I've got it just about right. He doesn't have an incredible arm - that's obvious. But he's had good downfield passing performances in the past. Again - top 1/2 of NFL QBs in 2014. He also threw a ton of INTs in 2014, so while downfield passing %/accuracy/yards are desireable, they aren't some cure-all. The benefit of executing the West Coast offense as well as he generally has this year is keeping drives going, avoiding negative sacks, increasing 3rd down %. What's killed us for most of this season is not being able to run, yeah - WR performance at times, getting down early, and not scoring more points. Some of that's on Cousins, a lot of it isnt.

Rivers throws it to players whom we've never heard of and they get down field to catch the ball. Cousins doesn't have a strong enough arm to be considered a legit threat and, you're right, it is a team sport. His weak arm is effecting our running game. ;)

Our weak running game is effecting Cousins ability to get it downfield.

Our weak armed qb allows the defense to stay close

There are teams every week that are able to run against eight in the box.

How is anyone going to bitch about the run game when we have Josh freakin LeRibeus starting at center?

It's already been reported that Long at LG isn't strong in the running game, so there's 2 out of five that's not getting it done.

I'm just wondering when are they going to replace Long with Kouandjio?

Everyone has issues. The chargers went down 8 people in one game but rivers gets it down field every single game.

How are people bitching about offensive line when every other team seems to do it just fine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.