• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

Only way Cousins doesn't hit the open market is if we tag him and/or give him an offer that his agent knows other teams won't match. I think both of these options are bad. Best option is to let other teams negotiate with him freely, and then decide if you want Kirk back at that rate or whether you can fill the gap with a cheaper veteran. Honestly? Ryan Fitzpatrick is having a comparable year (slightly better) than Cousins and he is only making $4M/year... If you can get decent contribution from a vet, I'd rather go that route knowing everything we know now about Cousins. Of course, it all could change the next 5 games.

So, if you let Kirk go, who starts next year? A free agent? Rookie draft pick?

I think neither gives us any chance of improvement next year.

I think Gruden is comfortable with Kirk right now. An new qb next year is a step backwards. It'll be Gruden's third year, and another bad year would put him in peril.

100% agree tr1. And I think until you have your QB of the future in the roster, an argument can be made that stability at that position (even if not top tier or above average talent) is really helpful in terms of developing the overall offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the middle here. LOL I think we need stability at the position.... and I think Gruden is comfortable with Cousins behind centre...but... I think he goes to market.

This is what I see...

It wouldn't surprise me if the Skins (McCloughan) try to lock him up into a lowball contract before he hits the market.

But if Cousins has a good year he'll probably want to test the waters because his agent will be telling him that he can get more cash elsewhere or the Skins will have to match.

That's a risk to Cousings because then it depends how much in demand he is. If the market price comes in lower, then he may want to then deal with the Skins, but they may take the previous offer off the table by that point. I think at that point we find out what kind of poker player McCloughan is.

To throw RGIII back into the mix... If we release RGIII, and Cousins goes to Market and let's say the Houston Texans decide they really need to pick up a young QB to replace Hoyer... Where do they throw dollars?

Would they take a gamble of seeing if a change of scene can bring back 2012 RGIII? OR would they lean towards Cousins? Could having RGIII hit the market at the same time as Cousins actually hurt his market value? Thoughts?

All things equal I do think he'll be back on a little less than we would have paid RGIII. I think we also draft a QB this year and pick up a new journeyman in FA. I think 2 of our 3 QB's will be different next year.

Washington vs NE will be one of the most intriguing matchups ever.
We could very well be looking at Tom Brady vs The Next Tom Brady

0b2e37c29caeda2b7a9bb2c7c3df21e4.jpg

Washington vs NE will be one of the most intriguing matchups ever.
We could very well be looking at Tom Brady vs The Next Tom Brady
If Kirk was.... an inch taller and 20lbs heavier
and had 20 TDs to 1 Int with 5 or 6 dominating wins under his belt this year
and a few more seasons in the same system

Yeah, I could see it........ probably not yet this year.

:)

The Patriots are not unbeatable.

No team in the NFL is unbeatable. And anyone who thinks they are doesn't watch much NFL football.

First step in beating a supposedly unbeatable team?

Stop thinking of them as 'unbeatable', and start focusing on having the game of your life.

Any given Sunday is a real statement, true.

But it's gonna be a big ****ing deal if that happens in Foxboro. I'll be the first to riot if we win!!

So we put the full house pass rush on Tom and ooops he tweaks a knee and can't go. Ooops I'm likin the next three quarters.

Pats don't need to win. A tweak or pull of any kind and they will sit him, not to risk anything. Coach knows not to do anything foolish with him.

Sweet jesus, buddy ryan. When did we go all andre Watters on people?

Just kidding, of course. Obviously you mean it as a joke

Of course they are not unbeatable...especially with us having the next Tom Brady under center.

Sweet jesus, buddy ryan. When did we go all andre Watters on people?

Just kidding, of course. Obviously you mean it as a joke

Not wishing harm on anyone for sure. Just saying a "hangnail" may get tom pulled

Never hope for injuries on your opponent, it always comes back on you.

The odds of the Patriots winning every game are low. It's incredibly tough to do. Not impossible, but incredibly tough. That's because Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Gronk are only 3 key folks. There are lots of other members of that team that have to perform flawlessly for that to happen.

That means they're beatable.

And the Redskins have as much a chance to be the team that ruins their perfect season as anyone else. If you don't believe that - why would you watch?

Belichick, Brady, Gronk and a bevy of garden gnomes.

Guess this is one of those games that we don't have to win convincingly, just win by hook or crook, on sides kick, dink and dunk, long FG's, three running back sets, four TE sets (extra O line man), read options, call time outs at weird times and run the refreshment crew on the field just as Brady gets the snap .... whatever.

Or..... we could just sneak into their equipment manager's stash put some extra air in the balls and have fun watching Brady's passes sail high, all the bouncers off receivers hands and RB's bobble the handoffs.

Maybe Belichick can't find his hoodie then all will witness his secret earpiece under the NFL sanctioned headphones.

You guys remember almost beating them with Rex Grossman behind center just 4 years ago?

Edit: I remembered wrong...the bullshit call on Fletcher was in the 3rd Q...it was Rex's INT with 20 seconds left for the Pats to secure the victory.

Last edited:
If Kirk was.... an inch taller and 20lbs heavier
and had 20 TDs to 1 Int with 5 or 6 dominating wins under his belt this year
and a few more seasons in the same system

The key word is "next"
I don't expect him to have already gotten there, or get there overnight.

:) Oh I hear ya,.... just need a little more evidence to buy into the 'next' part.

Would be nice if it happens.

The odds of the Patriots winning every game are low. It's incredibly tough to do. Not impossible, but incredibly tough. That's because Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Gronk are only 3 key folks. There are lots of other members of that team that have to perform flawlessly for that to happen.

That means they're beatable.

And the Redskins have as much a chance to be the team that ruins their perfect season as anyone else. If you don't believe that - why would you watch?

to see whether they have improved enough not to be crushed. a game well played against the top tier has some meaning for down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.