• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griff the Scout Team Safety

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So the NFL Network is reporting that sources inside the Skins organization are reporting that Griff ran Safety for the Scout Team this week. I won't bother with the stupidity of actually doing this. My question is why leak it? Nothing good can come of this and it appears solely designed to embarrass Griff. More personal crap by Gruden?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Obviously someone got the information from someone within the organization. I think it's a stretch to believe it came from someone like Gruden.

I think the more interesting news of the day is that the Skins went after Aldon Smith - in fact, sounds like they outbid everyone for him but he chose to go to the Raiders, who offered the 4th highest $$, instead. Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the 'character' guys that McLovin seems to want to bring here in general. Of course, I'm assuming that info is factual :)

Another bit of interesting news is that the Jets reportedly tried hard to grab Kirk Cousins after the Geno Smith jaw-breaking episode. Be curious to know what they offered.

I didn't say it came from, Gruden. But he is the Head Coach. If he wants the information out there are other ways to get it there other than tell someone personally. And if he doesn't want it out, one assumes he has ways to make that happen too.

I did find it interesting that the Jets wanted Cousins.

Okay :) I'm not sure how else to interpret 'More personal crap by Gruden?', but I hear you. I find it just as bizarre as you Bob - but hey, this is the Redskins we're talking about here :)

Sadly, you are right. I want to see some sign this is a different team with a different culture but it just isn't happening.

Hope springs eternal...

And here's something else to think about...has anyone else noticed that these little 'nuggets' almost always seem to be released the morning of game day?

I have.

I wonder why that is?

And here's something else to think about...has anyone else noticed that these little 'nuggets' almost always seem to be released the morning of game day?

I have.

I wonder why that is?

Yeah, it always happens on game day. But sometimes I wonder how much of that is the media sitting on something versus just them finding out about it.

I didn't hear we were in the running...that even bums me out.

I'm not even sure how that dude is allowed to play with all he's done.

I have.

I wonder why that is?

Best chance of getting exposure on game day morning to feed the buzz......

Look on the bright side of it.... playing some safety will get some spring back in Roberts step. He'll need it if he hits the field this season :)

Best chance of getting exposure on game day morning to feed the buzz......

Look on the bright side of it.... playing some safety will get some spring back in Roberts step. He'll need it if he hits the field this season :)

Might also be a 'training aid', giving him perspective from the other side of the field, a dyslexia type thing

I don't think Gruden deserves the benefit of the doubt on the release of information anymore than anyone else within the organization does.

I'm not saying he's not responsible for ensuring stuff is kept in house, but that's a far cry from anyone suggesting he's behind this info being put out there personally. I mean, I think ANY head coach deserves a little benefit of the doubt.

From one article on NFL.com, it says it's not unheard of for a scout team QB to play safety, so if questioned, Gruden can say he's just doing what any scout team QB does....

From one article on NFL.com, it says it's not unheard of for a scout team QB to play safety, so if questioned, Gruden can say he's just doing what any scout team QB does....

Yeah, I didn't think it was a big deal. And the NFL Network went on about how if got hurt playing scout team safety they would have to pay him next year. Geez...like he couldn't get hurt doing anything else in practice not withstanding the fact I believe they pay him if he can't pass a physical.

Like Shanahan never personally fed info to Schefter.

Re: Aldon Smith, I'm not sure I could have stomached that one. That might have been enough to cause me to join Henry in the not-watching-this-shit-anymore camp.

He probably joined the Raiders because 1) it's close to SF, doesn't have to move and 2) they're VERY accepting of criminal behavior. Eff them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.