• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2015 NCAA Football Season

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Sad to say my Noles are not going to compete with the elite in the country this year...probably won't even win the ACC. Georgia Tech and Clemson have what it takes to beat them. Not too impressed with Everett Golson, but Dalvin Cook is a beast! If he wasn't fumble happy last season, we might have had a better chance to beat Oregon.

Anyway, saw some good football yesterday. Would love to have seen UVa pull it out against Notre Dame, Jax St should have beaten Auburn, and East Carolina had a chance to beat those heathens at UF!

Football season baby! NCAA has so much to offer any disgrunteld NFL fans.

It may be ugly, but the Seminoles just keep winning. Everett Golson keeps getting better in this system, Dalvin Cook is deservedly mentioned in the Heisman race and boy would I love to see Jalen Ramsey in a Redskins jersey next year.

I have no illusions, this team is not the same as it has been the past 2 years, but if they can go into Clemson and beat them, and beat a resurgent Florida team...they can go far this year.

It may be ugly, but the Seminoles just keep winning. Everett Golson keeps getting better in this system, Dalvin Cook is deservedly mentioned in the Heisman race and boy would I love to see Jalen Ramsey in a Redskins jersey next year.

I have no illusions, this team is not the same as it has been the past 2 years, but if they can go into Clemson and beat them, and beat a resurgent Florida team...they can go far this year.

I already called dibs on Ramsey for the Skins. :)

Nice to see two champions on the sideline today in Jameis and Devonta.

I already called dibs on Ramsey for the Skins. :)

Nice to see two champions on the sideline today in Jameis and Devonta.

I didn't see Freeman out there, but I did see Winston.

Gonna be rooting for LSU tonight!

Watching Goal Line...Boone is probably a little on edge right about now. OT in Virginia.

Wow! Just watched the most unlikely ending to a game of football as I have ever seen! Michigan State is victorious with TD return from a mishandled snap on the punt on 4th and 2 by Michigan's punter with 10 seconds left.

Last edited:
I missed all but a bit of the overtime at the movies. Had about all the pain and suffering from Virginia I can for one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Just watched the most unlikely ending to a game of football as I have ever seen! Michigan State is victorious with TD return from a mishandled snap on the punt on 4th and 2 by Michigan's punter with 10 seconds left.

Yes, so happy my Spartans managed to luck out with a victory. I had turned to another game thinking they had lost and turned back to watch the final seconds. My family thought I went nuts yelling and screaming and, of course, wallowing in the schadenfreude. ESPN had some nice shots of the Michigan fans in stunned disbelief. Anytime Michigan loses, and now especially with Harbaugh who I don't like, it's good. It makes up for years of frustration earlier in our rivalry.

BTW, I will say that their DB #26 (Lewis, I believe) played an excellent game.

Ouch! Just got home from shooting a wedding so I didn't get the chance to see the FSU game. What a terrible way to lose a game.

Just got back from Jason Aldean. Experienced the same thing. Been coming for a year and a half.

I was just at a bar/restaurant with a good friend of mine. He bet $12k to win $4k straight up. He looked like he had just seen a ghost.

My Seminoles went out and did what they had to do, nice win.

Gotta give props to the UVa Cavaliers who went out and denied GT the opportunity for another shocking late game victory.

The Miami Hurricanes were just handed a free game by the referees. On the last play of the game, a squib kick by Duke after taking a 3 point lead with 12 seconds left, Mimi had like 6 pitch backs until they finally had a runner with blockers break it open for the TD return. There was a block in the back flag picked up after review, yes penalties are reviewed in NCAA. They also said that all of the laterals were clean, no knee went down...problem is, there was a clear knee down before one of the laterals.

Knee Down.jpg

The ball has not left his right hand, his knee is down. Pretty clear to me.

Also, Minnesota coaches should be a little disappointed in themselves. It's admirable to have the guts to go for TD to win the game on a run play from the half yard line on the last play of the game...but when it doesn't work out, it's gotta be tough. Hard to believe how good coaching has turned that Michigan team around so quick. Harbaugh can be a bit of a whiner, but he's a damn good ball coach.

You're likely right but that is probably the absolute worst angle to be able to tell if the ball is actually still in his hand. Pretty wild finish.

Sometimes in those situations I feel like the refs don't want to take away what would be a spectacular play if it's borderline and ends the game, where if it had happened in the 2nd quarter they'd have disallowed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you were 100% correct on that call Chris.

ACC Announces Officiating Suspensions Following the Miami at Duke

GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the suspension of the on-field officiating crew as well as the replay official and communicator following the Miami at Duke game on Saturday, October 31.

The announcement follows the league’s weekly review of game footage, as well as reports and interviews with officials and administrators.

The series of errors during the final play of the game will result in the suspension of the entire crew for two ACC games.

The errors that occurred during the last play of the game are:

The replay official erred in not overturning the ruling on the field that the Miami player had released the ball prior to his knee being down. If called, this would have ended the game.
The on-field officials erred by failing to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.
A block in the back foul was called at the Duke 26-yard line. After the officials conferred, which is appropriate, they correctly determined that the block was from the side, which resulted in the flag being picked up. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, the referee did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.
In addition, the on-field crew failed to penalize a Miami player for leaving the bench area and entering the field prior to the end of the play. This foul would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.
“The quality of our officiating program is of the highest importance to the league and its schools, and the last play of the game was not handled appropriately,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “Officiating is an extraordinarily difficult job but our players, coaches, programs and fans deserve the best that can be offered. We will continue to strive to meet that standard.”

I wish the nfl did the same

ACC football officials are consistently the worst I see. No matter how clear a replay is it's always 50-50 at best that they will get it right. Especially on targeting calls. And, I'm not sure they can spell horse collar, much less recognize one when it occurs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.