• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Gruden Files - Year Two

we can hate, love, make excuses, justify reasons, whatever.

at the end of the day we had a winning record, we won the division, and we extremely underachieved in the wild card game. everything else is opinion.

he's done enough to stay, obviously. but he has a lot of work to do in order to get over the problems he has. that is the nature of the business and hopefully he will be able to do so.

the one thing that will happen is.....we shall see what happens next year.

Still not totally sold on Gruden, but there is no denying he did a good job this season.

Let's see if he can build on the success of this year before we get too crazy.

Agree Mike, above all else the team improved in performance and record wise which for now that's all we needed to see.
Yep, I'd like to see sustained upper echelon performance but realistically, this year was not the time to expect it.
In a couple of years, maybe so.

Agree Mike, above all else the team improved in performance and record wise which for now that's all we needed to see.
Yep, I'd like to see sustained upper echelon performance but realistically, this year was not the time to expect it.
In a couple of years, maybe so.

we could improve immensely on talent this offseason and the way our schedule looks now could be 8-8 or 9-7 again next year

we could improve immensely on talent this offseason and the way our schedule looks now could be 8-8 or 9-7 again next year

Completely meaningless. The way the schedule will look will change 5 times between now and September, and has been pointed out many times on this board, there is a lot of turnover year over year in the NFL.

Hell, we went from last to first this very year. I would imagine as fans were looking at their schedules in July, quite a few of them counted us as a W initially.

Completely meaningless. The way the schedule will look will change 5 times between now and September, and has been pointed out many times on this board, there is a lot of turnover year over year in the NFL.

Hell, we went from last to first this very year. I would imagine as fans were looking at their schedules in July, quite a few of them counted us as a W initially.

key words
the way our schedule looks now

Yeah, I get it. I just am not a fan of building in excuses for anybody based on schedules.

I think Gruden did a nice job this year (it takes a lot for me to say that, but I think it's true), but I will be disappointed if we win fewer than 9 games next year, regardless of schedule.

Next year is HUGE for this franchise ... if they cannot consolidate the gains from this year, and end up taking a sizeable step back in terms of record or even just level of play, regardless of record, 2015 becomes a blip and we're possibly looking at coaching changes.

Without seeing what kinds of personnel changes will be made between now and next September it's too soon for me to "predict" anything record-wise, but I'd sure as hell like to think the gains we made this year are the baseline for next. I could see an 8-8 season where it's clear the team is still getting better, but lost a game or two to unlucky bounces, bad calls, major injury to key player at the wrong time, etc.

Sitting here today, I see us heading into 2016 as a viable playoff contender into December ... and being among a handful of "on the bubble" teams looking to get going down the stretch and hopeful of making a run. We'll need better talent to crystallize just how deep I think said run may possibly go.

Rambling now. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.