• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shemitah

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Anyone watching, or concerned at all about this phenomenon?

I really don't believe in things like this, but the financial markets are paying attention.

Crazy? Yes.

Are people starting to freak out? Yes.

Grab your blanket and turn the lights off.

I had to Google it as most will I suspect. Don't you have to frequent fringe websites to even be familiar with that term (or be Jewish)?

Here's the thing....I'm pretty sure you could pick any day every 7 years and build a mythology around the events that happen in cycles around it if you tried hard enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange for sure. I'm surprised I had never heard of it until about a month ago.

And I agree 100% with your "Barnum effect' kind of thinking. This is the part that surprised me:

"On August 24 and August 25, on Google Trends search for 'Shemitah' had a score of 100, meaning 10 percent or more of all the searches from that region was for this particular word. A Youtube video on the topic that was uploaded about two months ago and deals with an impending financial collapse, has already been seen 1.1 million times," the article reports.

Apparently more people know about it than I would have thought.

But I haven't even seen a single mention of it yet on the television.

So buy stock index futures and laissez les bons temps rouler?

If nothing else, it gives us a great excuse if we lose the game this weekend:)

I'll be at a bar yelling shemitah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.