• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bold Predictions!

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Forget wins and losses, I want your bold predictions for the season. Think Kirk makes the Pro Bowl? Tell us about it. Maybe you think Alfred tanks and a rookie gets the starting nod over our favorite Butler. Perhaps you believe it all comes together on the defensive side of the ball and Joe Barry is the second coming Dick LeBeau. Lets hear it people. Nothing is too outlandish to print here so we can all make fun of you in 17 weeks. :)

I think Kerrigan blows up, with 18+ sacks, but our secondary stays weak.

Reed makes it 5 games without an injury.

Sean Taylor was my favorite player both in college and the pros. Freak athleticism, uncommon size, and competitive as anyone.

Jalen Ramsey is the closest comparison to Sean that I have ever seen.

The Redskins will select him with their top 5 pick in the next draft.

Sean Taylor was my favorite player both in college and the pros. Freak athleticism, uncommon size, and competitive as anyone.

Jalen Ramsey is the closest comparison to Sean that I have ever seen.

The Redskins will select him with their top 5 pick in the next draft.

I was just writing about him in BB's thread lol. He's a monster.

Matt Jones surpasses Alfred, who hits FA at the end of the season.

The decision to pick up the option on RG3 causes all types of problems, and majorly bites us in the ass.

Jamison Crowder really emerges into something special.

McLovin has at least one more serious personal issue before the season is over.

Cousins throws for 3000 yards. 18 TD's and 12 INT's

Trent Murphy will surprise alot of fans and pundits this year with his performance.

Barring injury, at least 8 sacks.

Ryan Grant will put Andre Roberts on the bench by game 6 this year.

Kouandjio will take Lavaou's spot at some point this season and never look back.

Pumpkin Spice beer will be outlawed in the United States.....we can only hope.

Kai will kick one through the end zone

Dunbar will have a pick six in a game of importance.

Crowder will take a punt to the house, penalty causes recall. Subsequent series, he's in the slot, TD.

Scherff will pancake Suh (only once) allowing Alf to score.

The first Skins TD of the season will be a rushing TD by Kirk Cousins. At some point within the first three games, Tom Compton will catch a TD pass lined up as a TE in a Jumbo formation.

Top 15 offense.
Top 15 defense.
4 ST touchdowns.
In the playoff hunt, in December.

Also...

Dan Snyder will become a verified BGO member. Thus receiving the same protection from personal attack that we are required to afford other members, who don't deserve it, either.

Not to derail the thread, but anyone have any suggestions for potential screen names for Snyder if he did join? :angel:

Little Big Man

Mouth that Roared

Belt Buckle

FKA Meddler :)

REDSKINS

Somebody stop me.

I said these in another thread:
1) Jay Gruden - replaced by Interim Head Coach Bill Callahan in the Bye Week
2) Kirk Cousins - replaced as starter by Colt McCoy after game 3... another debacle in PrimeTime against Giants where their defense is laughing at us again
3) Kai Forbath - first kicker to get a long extra point blocked for 2 points, most likely in the Jets game
4) Griffin - Is still a Redskin after Gruden is replaced... He doesn't take another snap this season, and new coach determines his fate in offseason.

Those who continuously choose to be, "all negative, all the time", will not die peacefully. Even when the team wins.

Those who continuously choose to be, "all negative, all the time", will not die peacefully. Even when the team wins.

Last year, we had an easy schedule and I thought 10 wins was in our reach and we only won 4. Here are the reasons being cautiously pessimistic in 2015 is warranted:
1) We were out-coached in every game except 1... Mostly because Dallas was pretty incompetent and had a poor game plan, not because our coaching staff was great. We improved that coaching staff by adding Callahan, but I'm not certain that adding a Defensive Coordinator whose previous resume includes back-to-back 32nd ranked defenses and 2 of the worst 10 defensive performances in NFL history qualifies as an upgrade (yet).
2) We have a tough schedule
3) Less certainty at QB... There was hope last year with Gruden being the QB guru and Robert being the franchise QB
4) The one guy (McCloughan) who makes me optimistic for the future says we're still 2-3 years away... Why? Because if you think about this team's areas of weakness: QB, Pass Rusher, OL & DB... those areas are still a concern.

The team is better, but I do believe we're 2-3 years of McCloughan moves away still and we need a better coaching staff.

Last year, we had an easy schedule and I thought 10 wins was in our reach and we only won 4. Here are the reasons being cautiously pessimistic in 2015 is warranted:
Pessimism is a choice, 100% of the time. But, it's everybody's right to do so.
1) We were out-coached in every game except 1... Mostly because Dallas was pretty incompetent and had a poor game plan, not because our coaching staff was great. We improved that coaching staff by adding Callahan, but I'm not certain that adding a Defensive Coordinator whose previous resume includes back-to-back 32nd ranked defenses and 2 of the worst 10 defensive performances in NFL history qualifies as an upgrade (yet).
No argument on being out-coached, last year. Choosing to believe it's not gonna be any better THIS year, is your prerogative.
Just as choosing to believe it was a 1st year coach's growing pains, with certain improvement to come, is mine.

2) We have a tough schedule
100% speculation. Nobody, as in, nobody, can definitively predict which teams will be good, bad, or injury riddled, on any given week. We can guess, but that's all it is, is a guess. Calling it "easy" is a setup for further ridicule, after the fact, should the team lose.

3) Less certainty at QB... There was hope last year with Gruden being the QB guru and Robert being the franchise QB
Again, your choice to believe there's "less certainty". It could be argued that there is more certainty. It could be argued that it's the same. We choose what we want to believe, based on our own opinions of the way things are.

4) The one guy (McCloughan) who makes me optimistic for the future says we're still 2-3 years away... Why? Because if you think about this team's areas of weakness: QB, Pass Rusher, OL & DB... those areas are still a concern.

The team is better, but I do believe we're 2-3 years of McCloughan moves away still and we need a better coaching staff.
Being 2-3 years away from what he ultimately wants the team do be, does not prevent success from happening in the meantime. Choosing to believe we can have success, while continuing to improve the roster, coaches, etc..., is just as easy, and possible, as choosing the opposite.

You are certainly entitled to choose to believe that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.