• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is this the best WR corp we've had since the Posse

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
We still don't have a big dominant guy like Monk that you can throw a WR screen to, and with no blocking he gets you 8 yards with raw speed and power.

However, we have IMO the best group we have had in decades. Desean is a beast and Pierre certainly commands respect. I can see Crowder being a 3rd down conversion machine. I know he is not the #3 guy yet, but I expect him to take that spot. Roberts has to improve his consistency, or he will lose playing time. I don't think Ross is a preseason flash like Grant was last year. Hard to say for sure, but he has more tangible talent than Grant.

Oh yeah, then there is that #86 guy who plays like a WR. If he doesn't sneeze too hard could be a stud.

Cousins is the key right now. He knows the offense, so hopefully they trust him enough to let him open it up.

We still don't have a big dominant guy like Monk that you can throw a WR screen to, and with no blocking he gets you 8 yards with raw speed and power.

However, we have IMO the best group we have had in decades. Desean is a beast and Pierre certainly commands respect. I can see Crowder being a 3rd down conversion machine. I know he is not the #3 guy yet, but I expect him to take that spot. Roberts has to improve his consistency, or he will lose playing time. I don't think Ross is a preseason flash like Grant was last year. Hard to say for sure, but he has more tangible talent than Grant.

Oh yeah, then there is that #86 guy who plays like a WR. If he doesn't sneeze too hard could be a stud.

Cousins is the key right now. He knows the offense, so hopefully they trust him enough to let him open it up.

Back in the day, TEs weren't expected to be big receiving threats. Say what we will about Jordan Reed, but if he can stay healthy, he IS that big guy with raw speed and power who can get you that 8 yards.

And to answer your question, on paper it's absolutely the best talent at WR we've had since then. Whether that translates to on-the-field production and a dangerous offense, that remains to be seen. I am lukewarm at times regarding Garcon - just because he seems to disappear at times and be a non-factor. Given his talent level, that should never happen, and yet it seems to.

I don't know about Garcon.
Seems he's on the decline.
Exactly my thoughts. Garcon is on the down, Jackson is getting longer in the tooth, and we have a bunch of unprovens.

I am definitely excited to see if they can get something special going...like the posse was

Didn't many say the same about last year's corps of wide receivers?

I will be excited when I see something substantial to support your idea.

I can't rate this group above the Connell and Westbrook year because even if they weren't great WRs, that was the only year I can remember recently where we had 2 1000 yard wrs. There were also a few good years with Ellard and Shepard.

But I think that any rating of this WR core as anything above average is looking at this team through the wrong lens. We are supposedly setting this team up to be a ground and pound win games 16-7 type so I'm not expecting any type of elite production from the WRs. Maybe the 1-2 deep balls a game. Kirk changes that a little, but I can't really see us becoming the Packers all of a sudden. I think we're going to run it 30-35 times a game and try to pass < 25 times and hopefully make less mistakes, and i don't think that we'll be ranting and raving about WRs with that type of an offense.

Too soon....

In 2004, we had Laveraneous Coles coming off a pro-bowl 1200 yard season. Rod Gardner, one year removed from his own 1000-yard season, and had just drafted Chris Cooley. We also had a solid #3 in James Thrash, just back from Philly but still under 30.

On paper, a pretty solid, young group.

Receivers, unfortunately, are reliant on competent passing QB play ... and yes, OL pass pro ... which we haven't had here in so long I think most of us have forgotten what it looked like in burgundy and gold. I look at this year's group, and project them onto the field in Green Bay, Indy, Denver, NE ... and I'm thinking they look pretty damn dangerous.

I project them in Cleveland, or Buffalo, or here if Kirk goes badly, and they're just guys with lots of potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.