• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 9/3/15: Post-Game Comments Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
September 3, 2015
FedExField

Redskins QB Colt McCoy

On how much better this team can be:
“I think it’s very positive right now. I think the guys have worked really hard. We’ve got a good mix of older guys and younger guys. It’ll be interesting to see [the team] after some cuts. I think overall we were prepared to start the season strong. We lost a few guys early like Niles [Paul], Silas [Redd, Jr.] and [Adam] Hayward, guys that really make a difference for us, but we are really going to depend on guys to step up and make plays. But, for the most part I do believe that there’s a little bit different feel in the locker room than there was last year. Guys have really bought in and Joe Barry has done a great job with the defense. Sean [McVay] and Jay [Gruden] have really tailored the offense and I’m really excited about this, to be honest.”

On his performance tonight:
“You know what, I do what I’m asked to do. I felt overall that it was a very positive game. We were going to run the ball no matter what. We played with three receivers and two tight ends the whole game and seriously those guys deserve a whole lot of credit. They worked really hard. They were gassed at the end, but they did a tremendous job. Reggie Bell, Rashad Ross, [Colin] Lockett, those guys just did a great job.”

Redskins QB Kirk Cousins

On his thoughts on the preseason:
“I thought it was a great preseason. You know, I look at it from our time in Richmond Training Camp, all those practices all the way through those preseason games. It was a good five to six weeks of work and I feel good about the foundation we’ve laid heading into the regular season.”

On the whole team being on the same page heading into Week 1:
“Yeah, I feel like everyone is on the same page. I’m excited about the work we’ve built and what we have going forward. It’s just a matter of preparing well and studying the mental side of the game to be ready to go against Miami’s defense.”

On when he started studying Miami’s defense:
“I’m not sure the exact day. It was a couple days ago. You know, I wasn’t planning on spending much time with Jacksonville, so I just wanted to start focusing on Miami while our team started looking at Jacksonville.”

Redskins WR Rashad Ross

On his touchdown catch:
“I just caught the slant and I tried to find my opening then I saw a defender trying to tackle me. I ended up bumping off of him and I ended up spinning into the end zone.”

On his chances to make the 53-man roster:
“I mean I’m [going to] leave that up to the coaches. I just know at the end of the day if I don’t make it or if I do make it, I can keep my head up high because I gave it my all.”

On what he’s doing to set himself apart:
“Just going hard every play. I mean, I’ve been cut probably like four times. I got cut, I got brought back here and I just thought to myself I don’t want to be cut no more. I just going to give it my all.”

On this preseason experience with Redskins compared to the past:
“They brought me back for a reason. I feel in the past I was just a guy. You know, I had to make plays, but they actually give me a chance to get out there and show my ability.”

Redskins RB Mack Brown

On his performance tonight including a touchdown:
“You know, I’m thankful for scoring. I left a lot on the field. I was kind of out of shape, but it’s a feeling I’ve never felt before. I scored my first NFL touchdown.”

On his preseason experience with former Florida teammate Matt Jones:
“When I got the call on July 26, I almost cried. I got my second shot and being with people I played with in college is less stressful. It’s a great experience really to be with these boys every day and I thank the Redskins for bringing me in for preseason. It’s a great organization, a great team.”

Redskins LB Jackson Jeffcoat

On his performance tonight in the team’s final preseason game:
“I feel like I had a nice showing. I was able to get a sack, get a tackle for loss, get in on some plays on special teams and make some stuff happen. Obviously, I feel like there are things I need to improve on. All in all, it was a good night.”

On his sack tonight:
“I got off the ball and saw the guy try to jump me. I came underneath him, got through, felt him pulling me, tried to get him off, got to the quarterback. Tried to make something else happen, but got the sack.”

On the sack dance:
“That was a sack dance I did last year, 'The Roosevelt.’ Some of the guys wanted me to bring it back, so I did it again.”

Redskins LB Terrance Plummer

On what the entire preseason has been like:
“It’s been fun, man. I’m thankful that the Redskins gave me this opportunity. I think I performed well tonight, as well as the team. We wanted to get the win but I think for us playing the whole game, us new guys, I think we did a really good job.”

On how he thought he performed in the final preseason game:
“I think I did pretty well. Coach said there were some mistakes on defense. I’ve still got to clean up my technique and some other things. But I think I played well, sliding to the football. I think I did pretty well on special teams. Whatever happens, happens. I’m pretty satisfied with the way I played.”

On what he can take away from the preseason:
“I just love this organization. I come out here and fight every day. These vets, they took me under their wing and taught me how to be a professional. Me, being a rookie, I know going forward how to attack this game. That’s the one thing I can take away from this preseason from the veterans and the coaches.”

Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland

On his performance:
“There was a little rust. I had to get a little rust off. But for the most part, I was just happy to get back out there, just get to try back up to the speed of the game.”

On how it feels to be back and healthy:
“I’ve just got to continue to work hard and I’ve got to do whatever I can to help the team.”

On the ups and downs in this particular preseason game:
“I had a good bit of downs tonight – lesson learned – getting back to the speed of the game tonight. On the double move, I took my eyes off the receiver a little bit and jumped the route.”

On how he can improve going forward:
“Just watch the film. Just improve my technique and go about it how I’ve always been going about it. Today, for me, was to see what I can do, coming back since I’ve been out for a little bit. I just wanted to come in and get moving with my teammates again.”

Redskins DE Frank Kearse

On how he thinks he played in tonight’s final preseason game:
“I think I played my best. I put my best foot forward and made a lot of plays. I flew around enough. Obviously, I didn’t play in the last two preseason games but I wanted to make a statement tonight.”

On the statement he made tonight:
“This is the best Frank Kearse you’re going to get every time. That’s what you do in the preseason. You show Coach everything you’ve got and go home and live with it.”

On how his fellow teammates have helped him mature throughout the preseason:
“Playing behind and watching guys like Jason Hatcher, Chris Baker and Ricky Jean Francois, and even checking out Pot Roast [Terrance Knighton] when he’s playing the nose tackle in our nickel defense. It really taught me how they play blocks and what they’re seeing and what they’re looking at. I learned a lot from this defensive line. I learned a lot from this group. I learned a lot from the coaches. I really felt like I was a sponge this offseason just soaking up all this knowledge and wealth.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.