• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 9/3/15: Post-Game Comments Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
September 3, 2015
FedExField

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On WR Rashad Ross’ performance:
“He is, he really is, he’s doing a great job. Even in practice he makes splash plays every day. We talk about taking advantage of opportunities. He is one of the guys that really has opened our eyes, it’s going to make it very tough come tomorrow. You’ve got to do the math, we’ve got a good group of wideouts we feel really good about. He just made it very interesting.”

On QB Colt McCoy’s performance:
“I thought he was solid. He did some good things, moved around a little bit. We didn’t protect him very good at times but overall I think he managed the game. Did a nice job, put us in a position to win and that’s what Colt does. He’s a consistent quarterback, he doesn’t make many mistakes and he will always keep the game close for you at the end.”

On the growth in Ross’ knowledge from last year to this year:
“His knowledge of the system, for sure. Last year he was kind of moving around a little bit. He was unclear of where to go, how to line up, what routes to run. Just not sure, now he’s got a lot more confidence as far as his mental capacity is concerned. He’s doing a great job. When he knows where he is going he gets there in a hurry. He shows no fear; he caught a couple inside breaking routes. Took some hits, obviously we know he can run outside. I’ve just been very impressed with him.”

On Ross and WR Evan Spencer:
“It is something we have to talk about tomorrow and the next day. We’d like to have our fifth receiver be a special team demon, like somebody who can run down on kicks. We already have a couple punt returners in house with 'Dre [Andre Roberts] and Jamison [Crowder]. Ross can also do that. He can return kicks and might be our best kick returner too. He is going to make is very interesting. We need the extra receiver, fifth or sixth guy, to be a good special teams player.”

On injury updates:
“[Spencer] went through the concussion protocol. He’s still inactive, he needs to see an independent guy. Trey Williams hurt his ankle tonight. He’ll be day-to-day I’m sure. Josh LeRibeus had a mild calf strain.”

On the status of QB Robert Griffin III:
“He is going tomorrow to see a couple people.”

On the status of WR Jamison Crowder:
“We just held him out tonight. He could’ve gone tonight but his hamstring is about 90 percent and we want to make sure he gets to 100.”

On his assessment of LB Jackson Jeffcoat:
“I think he’s done well. He’s more of a defensive end, he’s been playing some outside backer, obviously in base. Then in nickel and sub, he does a great job rushing the quarterback. He’s made his mark. At the absence of [linebacker] Junior Galette, it’s opened a spot for another pass rusher, outside linebacker type. He’s got an excellent chance. We will go back and look at the film and compare him. We’ll get [linebacker] Houston Bates out there. We’ll have to wait and see.”

On his feelings in going through his second preseason:
“It was smooth. I think the whole process – training camp, knowing what to expect, knowing the players a little bit better the second time around, the staff, schedules – it’s been a smooth deal for us all. I think we’ve really done an excellent job getting our players ready to go. Coaches have done a great job. I feel like the players have been prepared and they play hard. They are competing. That’s what I like about our guys – we compete every day at practice and it carries over at the game. The ones, the twos, the threes, and it’s been consistent. If we just continue with that approach of competing every single day, great things are going to happen for this franchise.”

On if Griffin could be cleared tomorrow:
“I don’t know. He’s got the neurologist, the psychologist. He’s got two of them to see tomorrow, he told me tonight. But yes, he could get cleared, obviously.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.