• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Upggaded field at FEDEX - WTF is taking so long?????

isle-hawg

Camp Fodder
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Our field is horrible already and it is still pre-season and our QB (for game 4 (Colt)) is slipping and sliding all over the place!!! It looks like the same painted dirt/sand that put Adrian Peterson, RG3 and countless others out of commission in the past. Note to Snyder --- stop spending so ****ing much for "star" players (from other teams FAT ****ING ALBERT comes mind and now RG3 who is our 3rd string QB) AND coaches that you intend to castrate/fire no later than 2 years after you hire them with guaranteed multi-year salaries. How about this - spend some of your fortune on a safe playing field turf that does not devastate/end your players career? Green Bay has a much better field - WTFO???? Wake up Snyder!!!!!!!!

So ... isle ... I take it you're a Danny fan? ;)

I don't think money is the issue. People still think natural grass is far superior to an artificial surface. Technology has come a long way and I wish people would get out of the old way of thinking. I'm sure there are studies on which surface causes more injuries, which one hold up better, which one players prefer. I don't know if the answer is some sort of hybrid or turf or even sticking with grass. But I know I don't want to see another November/December game with painted dirt and sand passing as a football field.

I thought they did a big re-turf system in 2013 after all of the whining during the Seattle game.... and still re-sod periodically during the year as schedule allows.

"Nothing beats painted grass and mud"- John Madden,during the 1991 NFC Championship game at RFK stadium.

All this hullabaloo over the field is just something for fans to whine about because the Redskins aren't winning.

When they do start winning,that painted grass and mud will just be part of our character again.

Players are getting injured on all types of surfaces. I don't think it's any worse on natural grass. I'd much rather see sloppy mud games then clean, pristine uniforms.

Players are getting injured on all types of surfaces. I don't think it's any worse on natural grass. I'd much rather see sloppy mud games then clean, pristine uniforms.

I'd almost imagine natural grass is safer because it gives. So much torque on ligaments with this field turf stuff that has more grip doesn't allow cleats to slip

Back in the day, if a player fell down, fans blamed the equipment guy or the player for not having the right cleats on.

Nowadays, it's the field's or Dan Snyder's fault.

Too much whining.....

How about other long term effects of playing on field turf. A few months back there was a story about a soccer coach, who has had two of her goalies contract cancer over the course of a couple of years, so she started looking into it, and found more players that had gotten cancer, and the coloration between all them was the field turf. Pretty sure they had some doctors backing the claim, but of course, the manufacturer claims it's perfectly safe. A number of schools canceled their commitment to a new field turf playing surface.

I don't know weather it's really the cause, but I do know the skin is amazing when it comes to absorption, and you body generally doesn't like petrol chemicals.

I have no problem with painted dirt to be honest. The game was meant to be played outdoors on a natural field....

I actually had a friend of mine get one of those little rubber pellets in her eye when we were playing flag football together... luckily we got it out relatively quick, but that stuff can get nasty.

I'm with you Miles.. give me a natural surface any day of the week... grass, dirt, sod, mud, who cares... part of the game is overcoming the elements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.