• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Game Chat Tonight!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
We hope you'll join us tonight in the BGO Fed Ex Field Chatroom as we watch Kirk Cousins and the Redskins take on the Baltimore Ravens in the next-to-last 2015 preseason game.

We are in the process of upgrading our chatroom software and we would particularly appreciate having some folks help us test out the new software this evening. We are probably moving away from our traditional 'chatbar' - and you will see a less obtrusive chat module in the lower right hand corner of any screen. To access the BGO Chatrooms, click on the 'Chat Now' icon and once open, select the chatroom icon at the top of the options toolbar.

chatroom link.jpg

You shouldn't have much trouble navigating the newest version of our chat software - it's pretty intuitive. One change - if you want to use the 'Popout' feature, just click the little gray arrow in the upper right hand corner of the chat window. You can then drag and/or resize the chat window to your heart's content.

Just as an fyi, when this install/rebuild is done, you'll be able to chat/IM your fellow BGO members and/or participate in site chats in our chatrooms from your iPhone, Android phone, or iPad. Currently - the IM feature is not working but we'll address that shortly.

Hope to see everyone tonight and please provide feedback on the upgraded software.

How can you even THINK about watching a game tonight!

Don't you know the ****ing world is coming to an end!!!!

I'll be late to the party. Won't be home till about 8:30. Will be interested to hear reviews and comments.

Right now, you can test the Android app if you want - the iPhone and iPad versions aren't ready yet.

This should be a hell of a night to chat...... Gonna take some antacid now...

No doubt Pete. I hope Cousins tears it up. We need a little positivity.

Join us in Chat guys and gals....

Like the new look of the Chat room. I look forward to testing it out especially on Android. Do you plan on putting other links at the top? I'm specifically thinking about an icon to go to the Sons of Washington forum. I used that a lot in the old style bar.

FYI - Not sure if this an issue or not, but I played with setting my status (using Chrome). It appears I can change it, but it doesn't show as changed (within the 'My Status' box) until the page is reloaded.

Do you plan on putting other links at the top? I'm specifically thinking about an icon to go to the Sons of Washington forum. I used that a lot in the old style bar.

Yeah me too on the SOW icon, this old phart likes simple one click stuff that refreshes and takes me back to my main squeeze forum page.

Using Windows Edge on my system. Don't do the phone/tablet thing (keyboards are too small for my fat fingers)

No - why do you ask Ax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry brother, nothing I can do about disabling for individual members - just not an option. Strange it is bothering you only because we used to have the chatbar that ran across the entire bottom of the screen which was a lot more obtrusive....

The weird part is, my laptop at work has the biggest issue, using IE. Dark gray bar, 2 inches wide, quarter inch tall, in the bottom right corner.
On firefox, it's the little quarter inch square, which is no issue at all.

On home desktop, using IE, it's also the little square.

So, in the end, it's not a big deal. Nothing a jar of honey wouldn't cure, anyway. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.