• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griffin OUT for Saturday's Game

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
August 28, 2015

STATEMENT BY NFL INDEPENDENT NEUROLOGIST ROBERT N. KURTZKE ON QUARTERBACK ROBERT GRIFFIN III

“Per discussion with Neuropsychologists and with Anthony Casolaro M.D., we had anticipated yesterday that the patient would be cleared for full participation in gameplay this weekend; however, upon further scrutiny today of the neuropsychology data, I agree with the neuropsychologist that he should be held from gameplay this weekend and be retested in one-two weeks before a firm conclusion to return to gameplay can be made."

Well then. What the hell happened there?

I don't really know why, but this seems ominous to me. I felt like it was crucial that Griffin get back out there this Saturday night, have a great performance, and turn all the negative press stuff around. That's not going to happen now. And that means that, lacking the starter shining on 'dress rehearsal' weekend, that we'll either see a benching of the starter right before opening day, or go into opening day with a shaky RG3 under center.

I dunno. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic. But I was hoping, one way or another, we'd have some clear indication after Saturday night, of which way Gruden was going to go. I don't know that this will be the case now.

I agree, this weekend was important for him. Much more uncertain at the start now. Then again, maybe this will solve the dilemma. It could be that it lets us know what we have with Cousins.

All I can say is, pre-season games should not have this much importance >_<

It also makes sense why he didn't answer it during the press conference.

I'd find out who released he was cleared and fire him immediately

I don't really know why, but this seems ominous to me. I felt like it was crucial that Griffin get back out there this Saturday night, have a great performance, and turn all the negative press stuff around. That's not going to happen now. And that means that, lacking the starter shining on 'dress rehearsal' weekend, that we'll either see a benching of the starter right before opening day, or go into opening day with a shaky RG3 under center.

I dunno. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic. But I was hoping, one way or another, we'd have some clear indication after Saturday night, of which way Gruden was going to go. I don't know that this will be the case now.

I am right there with you. He needed to play tomorrow. His issues are solely when he is playing in games when the pass rushers are flying at him and hitting him. All the practice in the world isn't helping him since no contact with the QB is allowed in practice. He needs game reps. The fact that he has not been cleared to play is not a good sign not just for tonight, but I think for the season as well. At what point does he get the reps he needs? He has no chance to calm down the negative press. It will just be out there. The only way he changes that is by playing well. This is not good news.

He was cleared for full practice, right? How is that possible yet he's not clear for the game?

I don't want to sound dramatic - but this could signal the beginning of the end for Griffin. He can't play the last two pre-season games, team says they feel like they have to start the guy who has gotten the preparation, and - if all goes well, there's no turning back.

Maybe I'm projecting - I don't know.

But this feels weird. I just don't buy the guy practiced all week but suddenly can't pass the neurology exam.

Something smells in the state of Denmark.

I don't want to sound dramatic - but this could signal the beginning of the end for Griffin. He can't play the last two pre-season games, team says they feel like they have to start the guy who has gotten the preparation, and - if all goes well, there's no turning back.

Maybe I'm projecting - I don't know.

But this feels weird. I just don't buy the guy practiced all week but suddenly can't pass the neurology exam.

Something smells in the state of Denmark.

I'm kind of sad that I'm feeling the same way. Nothing against you, but...ugh. Not how I was hoping this season would go.

This has gruden written all over it.

First Joey t says he's cleared and he's not.

Then a doctor clears him and he's suddenly not.

He's now benched and the #3 qb. This has jay gruden written all over it

Cousins is going to start tomorrow evening and I think a good performance has him on line to start the opener.

Yes, Griffin could be cleared the week leading up to the Miami game but he would have missed more than a week of practice and be coming back rusty and off a very poor preseason.

Reinstating Griffin and seeing a poor start against the Dolphins and Rams at home could torpedo the season before it even really starts.

I agree it's been a strange process but I don't think Gruden is quite that much of a Machiavelli to pull this off by himself as a purposeful maneuver.

I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I know doctor's and I don't know one who would be willing to misstate the facts at the request of an NFL owner. On the other hand, part of me thinks a combination of Griffin's poor performance against the Lions combined with his unenthusiastic and demoralized responses to the Press this week has shaken the entire organization's confidence in him.

Like I said, I don't know what's going on, but this is a pretty surprising and sudden development that smells of more than a player who just got rocked in a pre-season game.

Even if the faith is shaken, saying he's not medically cleared is a lie.

At the risk of offending OM and the others that don't believe in my powers of observation in re body language and 'attitude', it appears to me that Griffin has all but given up under the difficulty of climbing out of the hole he helped dig for himself with 2 years of often ridiculous and self-serving statements to the press and the team.

Griffin didn't look defiant, angry or anything like that in the presser, he just looked tired and beaten down by all the scrutiny.

About the only way this can work out now is to play Griffin for the entire first half of the final preseason game, providing he's cleared. I'm sure it wouldn't be a popular move with some but, face it, he needs the works. Of course, Cousins soiling the bed against the Ravens would probably complicate matters but I don't think that will happen.

I have to agree with Boone and I don't see it as overly dramatic. This could be it for RG3.

Looks like that thick envelope from Gruden finally arrived at the doctor's office. :)

At the risk of offending OM and the others that don't believe in my powers of observation in re body language and 'attitude', it appears to me that Griffin has all but given up under the difficulty of climbing out of the hole he helped dig for himself with 2 years of often ridiculous and self-serving statements to the press and the team.

Griffin didn't look defiant, angry or anything like that in the presser, he just looked tired and beaten down by all the scrutiny.

I agree with how he 'looked' - as would Om. But that's hardly a convincingly conclusive indicator - as I'm sure you're aware :)

So - let me just acknowledge the big ****ing fat pink Elephant (sorry Brian!) in the room...

Am I the only one that feels a strange sense of 'relief' at this announcement?

Well, until Griffin is released, Gruden is fired or there is some other internal changes within the organization we will never know 100% exactly what happened here.

All we can do is infer and see which actors seem to benefit from what is going on.

I feel no sense of relief. Just the familiar feel of continued amazement that this team almost always supplies me with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.