• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griffin OUT for Saturday's Game

boone....pardon my frankness, but that's a cliche. despite what McD5 speculates...I guarantee you Brady and especially Manning would have failed with the o-line we had the last two seasons. It's pure fantasy to assume otherwise. every part has to work for a team to succeed. that's simply inherent to team sports - particularly so in the NFL. good QBs...say a Manning....can take multiple seasons to mature into top QBs (as he did) - and the team must mature at the same time. that never happened here. I can accept that Griffin...on a ridiculously short stick if you think about it....didn't produce. do be it. see ya. but I also see how utterly effed up the process has been and how bad this team has been. there's serious dope smoking going on if people don't get that this is a systemic failure.

adious Griffin! hope you fail miserably GRUDUNG!

This has gruden written all over it.

First Joey t says he's cleared and he's not.

Then a doctor clears him and he's suddenly not.

He's now benched and the #3 qb. This has jay gruden written all over it

Is this sarc - if so sorry to be so dense as I too am a sarc as heck? Otherwise I am not following my friend?? He was cleared by the Redskins staff and not cleared by the NFL independent neuroligist.

Robert Griffin has always been bigger than the team itself since his arrival in D.C. Also, I think he himself has helped fuel that.

I have firmly believed for several years that until this team takes on an identity of its own, and not that of a single player, that we'd simply be spinning our tires in the mud.

Add to that the fact that the above mentioned player has lost all his magic and can't stay healthy, and you have the situation we're in now - a mess.

For myself personally, it would be a breath of fresh air if a Kirk Cousins grabs the bull by the horns here tomorrow and develops into a solid starter that this team can rally around this season, while the circus story (RG3) fades off into the distance.

Is this sarc - if so sorry to be so dense as I too am a sarc as heck? Otherwise I am not following my friend?? He was cleared by the Redskins staff and not cleared by the NFL independent neuroligist.
He was cleared by the doctor, gruden announced it, Griffin wouldn't comment on it, and now this.

He literally is the number 3 qb. He's beneath cousins and mccoy strictly due to not being cleared but this is grudens chance to bury him and never go back to him.

boone....pardon my frankness, but that's a cliche. despite what McD5 speculates...I guarantee you Brady and especially Manning would have failed with the o-line we had the last two seasons. It's pure fantasy to assume otherwise. every part has to work for a team to succeed. that's simply inherent to team sports - particularly so in the NFL. good QBs...say a Manning....can take multiple seasons to mature into top QBs (as he did) - and the team must mature at the same time. that never happened here. I can accept that Griffin...on a ridiculously short stick if you think about it....didn't produce. do be it. see ya. but I also see how utterly effed up the process has been and how bad this team has been. there's serious dope smoking going on if people don't get that this is a systemic failure.

adious Griffin! hope you fail miserably GRUDUNG!

Acknowledging that there are systemic or 'cultural' issues at Redskins Park and that Griffin has not shown he can get the job done under center are not mutually exclusive conclusions. Both may be true Al.

I don't get the irrational love for and belief in Griffin. I understand the desire to believe - because I share it. But he's done nothing to warrant the trust, faith, and support. Heap whatever excuses you want upon his circumstance. But in life, I mostly believe you make your own bed, or you find another one to lie in. It's no different for Griffin than it is for any one of us. He hasn't gotten it done.

CH...he was bigger than the team was built into the equation. this team had been the dregs for a long, long time the year he was drafted in part because it couldn't find a long-term solution at QB. earned or not.....he was going to be the toast of a QB starved town. not discounting your idea.....just thinking that any second overall pick for a team that had no QB for over a decade was going to be in the spotlight. in fact, it's possible some of the over-blown rancor directed at the young man is because the expectations were so inflated.

water under the bridge now.

Boone, why you gotta call me fat?

This move wreaks of a team that is ready to move on. I would not be surprised if he were gone to start the season…traded for whatever we can get for him to a team with a decent veteran in place he can sit behind for the next 3-4 years. Time for us to cut bait. If he can sit behind a vet on a team with some stability, maybe he can learn to be a QB in the NFL. But right now, here in Washington D.C. he does not have a situation suited to success…to a degree I believe Al is correct.

However, I think he places too much value on Griffin. I don't think RG3 is someone a team is built around. He just doesn't have the wherewithal…we cannot build a team around him…he needs one in place. He just isn't someone who lifts his team mates, too much focus on poor him. He needs a team to lift him.

We need to suffer through this season, if Cousins or McCoy cannot bring success under Gruden let McGloughan go out and find a new head coach…or maybe we can truly not be cursed and have a decent QB in Cousins. I am not holding my breath.

Acknowledging that there are systemic or 'cultural' issues at Redskins Park and that Griffin has not shown he can get the job done under center are not mutually exclusive conclusions. Both may be true Al.

I don't get the irrational love for and belief in Griffin. I understand the desire to believe - because I share it. But he's done nothing to warrant the trust, faith, and support. Heap whatever excuses you want upon his circumstance. But in life, I mostly believe you make your own bed, or you find another one to lie in. It's no different for Griffin than it is for any one of us. He hasn't gotten it done.

it's not a love or belief in Griffin. I have worked in environments in which apparent failures have to be given time to develop. I don't fall in line with those who argue griffin was given time. that's one of the points I have been trying to make - since the 2012 season ended there has been nothing consistent about the progression griffin followed or the the team either from the FO down to the field. I have seen many succeed when led. Griffin never got that leadership. partly because of himself/injuries...partly because of this team's dysfunction.....there was never any stability surrounding Griffin to cushion him while he transitioned. I see it all in the bigger venue of another grand waste of time, effort and talent - you know...a redskin tradition since 1993.

I obviously can't predict the future.....but I think we'll improve at the margins.....but never get to championship football with the QBs and coach on hand. I still believe in McL. hopefully...he'll have the cahunas to unload Grudung and the luck to uncover one last Wilson-like gem.

At this point, I just want Robert to get well and get cut before he eats up next year's salary cap. I truly believe it is in his best interest and ours as Redskins Fans. He needs to humble himself some and now with 3 concussions and 2 major knee surgeries and taking brutal hits on so many plays - much more than other QBs including those on our roster he is not going to last long. I think if he sat behind an established QB on another team he has a shot a resurrecting his career (worked for Steve Young). But his ego is not going to allow that on our team and we need to figure out if Kirk can be an effective QB for our team before he becomes a FA. Colt is a solid backup QB.

Why you gotta be chubby bro?

I think ultimately, the facts are the facts. Griffin hasn't gotten the job done for awhile now. It's a fact, not an opinion. I differ with Al because he seems to be joining the irrational fray that somehow the odds are stacked against Griffin - it's not Griffin himself that is failing, it's his support system and some nebulous institutional urge towards self-destruction.

I don't buy it. The organization wants to succeed. The fans want to succeed. Hell, even Griffin wants to succeed. But wanting it to be so doesn't make it so. Winning is all that matters. If Griffin can't prove he's going to be part of that he deserves to move on. I have zero sentimentality left for him. Get it on or move on.

Bruce Allen: "Picking up the option on RG3 was a no-brainer."

How does he have a job again?

And McLovin....that's strike 1. Can we please get some smart people in the FO for once?

boone...oi this is getting painful! yes...griffin didn't get the job done. over the last two years neither did anyone else. it's all linked together. it's why we have a new GM, a basically new HC, complete turn-over of the coaching staff, a complete turn-over of the roster in progress.

McD5 I agree on your FO comment. A good starting point would be not to hire mediocrities like Grudung.

And McLovin....that's strike 1. Can we please get some smart people in the FO for once?

I'm pretty sure they're already there. Until we are eating the salary cap for it for no reason, I fail to see this as a valid statement. If March comes next year and we are out $16 mil, I will make sure to say you were right, count on it. But until that highly unlikely scenario occurs, this is just so much hyperbole.

Mark it down, if we eat the cap hit for Griffin being hurt next year, I will make a thread to announce I'm sorry and you were right.

If you think Bruce Allen made that call - that's strike 1 on you brother :)

But Boone, the organizational dysfunction has at least played a part…even I, one of Griffin's biggest opposers, know that much.

Like Isle-Hawg said, put him on a team with a veteran QB where he doesn't have to be the focus of every news story, he may have a chance. Here in DC? He stands little to no chance. he doesn't have what it takes to carry the team and right now, the team needs carried. There really seems to be no leader since London Fletcher left.

ok. time to press.

next!!!!! in synch with El!!! we be seeing things through the same eyes!

McD5 I agree on your FO comment. A good starting point would be not to hire mediocrities like Grudung.

You know - the last time I checked, Jay Gruden was STILL the Redskins coach. How about showing a modicum of respect for that fact?

But Boone, the organizational dysfunction has at least played a part…even I, one of Griffin's biggest opposers, know that much.

Like Isle-Hawg said, put him on a team with a veteran QB where he doesn't have to be the focus of every news story, he may have a chance. Here in DC? He stands little to no chance. he doesn't have what it takes to carry the team and right now, the team needs carried. There really seems to be no leader since London Fletcher left.

Saying it doesn't make it so. The other possibility, supported by the evidence to date, is that Griffin is a guy with a pretty shallow confidence level, who crumbles without 100% support and success. That's what I've seen. I'm a Marine brother - I don't buy into your all's 'he never had a chance' bullshit.

You make your own chances. Or you fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.