• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Griffin OUT for Saturday's Game

I feel like this is bullshit and rhat we're being laughed at.

No, not relief. Anger and....just anger

I think we were being laughed at all along this offseason for naming Griffin the starter despite him having done absolutely nothing in 2 years to deserve that designation without competition.

The NFL is a cut-throat league and continuing to give a guy a 'pass' because of what he did in another system in 2012, 3 seasons ago, is just anathema to the way the NFL now works with the cap and the era of free agency.

Mike - going to challenge you to re-think it. We are not RG3 fans - we're Redskins fans. Maybe Griffin really is not ready to play, maybe he is - who knows? But what we do know is that he has not gotten it done since his unbelievable rookie year. We can make all the excuses we want, but ultimately a good QB will show he's a good QB over time. Griffin has not been a good QB since that 2012 season.

Ultimately, no matter how much I wanted him to resurrect his career, I have to accept the reality that the starting QB has to earn and keep the job based on play, and play alone.

I think it's hard to argue, no matter who you are or what you want to believe, that he's done that. All Griffin had to do over the past 2 years is just play decently to shut all his critics and doubters up. He hasn't been able to do that. I'm not worrying about him anymore.

If he somehow claws his way back to starter status, that's great. But I think the odds are, and have been, against that. And it's not because of coaching bias, poor protection, or the thousands of other 'reasons' we could provide - it's because he just isn't playing well.

I'm ready to move on if that's what it takes to see wins as a Redskins fan.

I say that with total respect for other viewpoints - it's just where I am as a fan.

Joey t cleared him..where did he hear that from?

The doctor cleared him...where did that come from?

No matter what, someone is lying. I don't blame Griffin for being bummed and just tired of it.

If it turns out this is grudens doing...off with his head!!

Agreed. The one thing I don't want to see is Kirk Cousins leaving in 2016 as a 26 year old free agent and going to the Cowboys, Bears or other NFC team and taking them to the playoffs just as Trent Green did after he left in 1999.

Imagine how people around the NFL will be laughing at us if we had a pro bowl quarterback on the bench for 3 plus years and never gave him a full chance to succeed.

Enough with the Joey T stuff - Theismann ran his mouth as a player and he runs his mouth as an analyst. The obvious answer is he didn't know wtf he was talking about Mike. I really think that's the obvious explanation.

I agree with you it's odd to announce this kind of status the night before the pre-season game. It could be legitimate, or it could be that Griffin's neuro results were borderline and they decided to act one way or the other based on that. That could include an agenda that involves moving to another QB whose name is not Griffin. But I doubt it's based on 'lies'. Doctors don't generally lie - at least not for the kind of reason in play here. I imagine the 'truth' involves a number of factors.

Again, I don't know any more than anyone, but ultimately Griffin made the bed he currently finds himself in, no matter who is making that bed. Play well, and none of this plays out this way no matter who likes you or who doesn't.

Wait...enough with evidence that something is being leaked to show a player is ready and cleared yet being told he isn't?

Ok...I can respect that.

As long as you can respect that it's not just a conspiracy theory that gruden is out to get rid of Griffin

My overall concern would be about future with concussions. If this scenario repeats in that there are future ones, or possible ones, then how long might it take before he gets cleared if it is during the season? What if he goes down the road of Wes Welker's concussion history? You can work around a WR going through the protocol during the season but not so much with your QB.

Memo to Chris Cooley:

Uh, Captain "Chaos", although we appreciate your interest in rejoining the organization and adding your unique capabilities-particularly in the area of "Chaos"-we feel that we are sufficiently capable of generating enough chaos within the organization already.

Theismann's opinion, no matter what it is, should never be considered 'evidence'. Mike - when he would *arrive* (and this is 6 or 7 years ago) to Redskins Park, an audible 'groan' could be heard from inside the building. Joe was a great part of Redskins history, but he's hardly an authoritative voice or an 'insider'.

People on here post "sources say" articles all the time and they fly. They also entertain any yahoo with an agenda and want to act like it's gospel.

We've asked to have the WaPo removed because of the gossip yet some still believe them.

I'm just saying if we entertain some of those....Joey t isn't nearly as far off.

But, I'm done. I'm sad. I'm upset. I'm a redskins fan.

See ya tomorrow evening, brother!

sorry Boone...disagree. don't know Mike's reasoning....what I do know is that claiming griffin had 2 years to prove himself isn't quite accurate...now is it? let's put aside injuries, second year team meltdown, second year Shanahan retribution, new coaches, new schemes, Griffin rushing back: this isn't a normal development pattern. I see thesame issues as others....but have utter contempt for most opinions because I also see all the other variances that collectively add up to fail. I have particularly disliked the vicious and petty/trivial complaints against a young man who is...in the end.....a good person....a successful athlete...accomplished academically. I was hoping this would be a disciplined, patient process in which Griffin had a good set of games to demonstrate whether he was in or out....unimpeded by injury...supported by a quality/effective o-line, not diminished by a puerile, ineffective HC play-acting as he has been from day 1.

while I applaud what you are trying to do....I hope the whole thing fails miserably: if that's what it takes to get GRUDUNG outta here. it's gonna take several years for McL to do his thing anyway. get GRUDUNG the eff outta here and bring in a real coach - a real leader. not some dumb ***k like the guy we have now.

this is simply more idiotic Redskin dysfunction.

We aren't talking about anyone other than Theismann though Mike - I'm just telling you what I know - that he doesn't have inside access at Redskins Park. I think he misspoke regarding RG3's concussion status - period. I just wouldn't put much creedence into that particular piece of info. The league said he was never 'cleared' to return - that's a pretty clear indication that Theismann just got bad info, hardly fuel for a conspiracy theory.

boone....night before the game? simply more uncoordinated, stupid Redskin dysfunction. these idiots can't do anything with consistent intelligence.

I don't really know why, but this seems ominous to me. I felt like it was crucial that Griffin get back out there this Saturday night, have a great performance, and turn all the negative press stuff around. That's not going to happen now. And that means that, lacking the starter shining on 'dress rehearsal' weekend, that we'll either see a benching of the starter right before opening day, or go into opening day with a shaky RG3 under center.

I dunno. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic. But I was hoping, one way or another, we'd have some clear indication after Saturday night, of which way Gruden was going to go. I don't know that this will be the case now.

Wait, wasn't it you that had wondered what the starters would look like with somebody else under center, or was that Mark ? No matter, I agree, and was also lookin for some solid answers tomorrow night.

sorry Boone...disagree. don't know Mike's reasoning....what I do know is that claiming griffin had 2 years to prove himself isn't quite accurate...now is it? let's put aside injuries, second year team meltdown, second year Shanahan retribution, new coaches, new schemes, Griffin rushing back: this isn't a normal development pattern. I see thesame issues as others....but have utter contempt for most opinions because I also see all the other variances that collectively add up to fail. I have particularly disliked the vicious and petty/trivial complaints against a young man who is...in the end.....a good person....a successful athlete...accomplished academically. I was hoping this would be a disciplined, patient process in which Griffin had a good set of games to demonstrate whether he was in or out....unimpeded by injury...supported by a quality/effective o-line, not diminished by a puerile, ineffective HC play-acting as he has been from day 1.

while I applaud what you are trying to do....I hope the whole thing fails miserably: if that's what it takes to get GRUDUNG outta here. it's gonna take several years for McL to do his thing anyway. get GRUDUNG the eff outta here and bring in a real coach - a real leader. not some dumb ***k like the guy we have now.

this is simply more idiotic Redskin dysfunction.

Is this really fansince62, or has the kid mowing the lawn taken over the laptop? :)

All kidding aside - the organization may be dysfunctional, the coach incompetent, the owner a meddler, and the previous 'GM' a glad-handing buffoon - doesn't alter the fact that Griffin has mostly sucked for the past two seasons. That's a pretty solid assessment no matter what you want to believe.

Great - hell, even just GOOD - QBs overcome those kinds of things. They may not be Pro Bowlers, they may not make the playoffs, but they at least look competent. Griffin hasn't. Sorry - but I think that's just a fact.

I want him to succeed. I have always wanted him to succeed. But right now, he just looks like an under-performing, struggling QB who seems more interested in asking 'Why me?' on social media sites than really seizing the reins and proving he deserves to be an NFL starter. Can any of us even imagine Andrew Luck in RG3's current predicament? No - we can't. Andrew Luck could have Schindler's List's factory workers blocking for him and Rich Kotite as Head Coach and he'd still have better stats than Griffin has had the past 2 seasons. Sorry, but the truth is sometimes a bitch.

I understand it's easier to blame the latest in a long succession of head coaches. But I'm not sure the facts support that position. You're usually a 'facts guy'. So I'm surprised you don't recognize reality in this situation.

can't remember which station...but anyone else catch today the reporter who interviewed Gruden the day JG was injured and noted that after the the mike was off grudung uttered "I can't catch a break"?

wtfo! anyone else recall Joe Gibbs ever saying such?

boone....I don't know how many times I have to repeat this: I saw the same problems. what I factor into was how utterly eff'd up the entire progression has been. it's not just Griffin. he failed to progress - and the whole GD system failed him. this isn't just on griffin.

per previous: if it tales ugly football this season to shed grudung.....I'm down with that.

Wait, wasn't it you that had wondered what the starters would look like with somebody else under center, or was that Mark ? No matter, I agree, and was also lookin for some solid answers tomorrow night.

I do wonder, but no, that wasn't me. Mark and I are both dead sexy though, so we're easily confused.

boone....I don't know how many times I have to repeat this: I saw the same problems. what I factor into was how utterly eff'd up the entire progression has been. it's not just Griffin. he failed to progress - and the whole GD system failed him. this isn't just on griffin.

per previous: if it tales ugly football this season to shed grudung.....I'm down with that.

Not being 'all Griffin' doesn't equate to 'not Griffin' Al. That's the point. Good QBs overcome barriers to success. Great ones ignore them. Griffin is seemingly crippled by them. Sorry - I just flat out won't give him a pass. Life's a bitch - for all of us - succeed or move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.