• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So I hear there's another game Saturday ...

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
On to Week 3!

05_Rivalry_news.jpg

Where we might finally get to see some of the guys we've been waiting on--DJax, Galette, Kerrigan, Crowder, perhaps Breeland--and, of course, how our first-string OL and QB bounce back from last week's ... difficulties.

We'll also get the Ravens, at their place, coming off the drubbing they took in Philly last week. Preseason or not, I expect the Skins will be get a relatively focused purple team looking to show their fans and local media they are going to be just fine.

We'll get limited game-planning from both sides, which will make any results, good or bad, seem that much more magnified that say, weeks 1, 2 or 4. So we have that going for us.

Thoughts on what you would like to see, expect to see, or some combination of both?

Last edited:
A head coach and a QB that have a clue would be a great start. And an OLine that looks better than wet paper bags would be nice as well.

I expect to see Suggs going after Griffin as hard as he can and taking any shot he can get

I expect Harbaugh to be on the sidelines crying like the spoiled bitch he is

I expect to call my dad and tell him how upset I am at him for building that stadium

I expect to make at least 8 Ray Lewis jokes....because they never get old much like the 2 people he helped murder.

I expect Gruden to start Griffin but play to his strengths.

I expect Griffin to do some good things and some really bad things

I expect Morris and Jones to run through everyone.

I expect Roberts to try to act like a pro WR but at the same time suck on ST

I expect Jordan Reed to get hurt.

That's the spirit, brother.

So apparently JDjax is being shut down until the regular season, so scratch that for Saturday. Which I am okay with ... we know what the man can do. Let's see plenty of Crowder, more Grant, a modicum of Pierre, and lots more of Ross and Bell, both of whom have flashed enough to merit attention.

And, on the bright side, there's a rumor going 'round that the Redskins alleged TE Jordan Reed might show up. If he makes it from the locker room onto the field intact, we might get to see him run a route.

Galette is now expected to play this weekend, but on a very short snap count.

Unfortunately (nothing absolutely confirmed as of this moment) it was floated in another thread that Jax wont play so we wont get to see him til week 1.

That being said, I'd like to see a strong pass rush develop over the 1st half. Guys are game planning for this game, so guys are going to have to adapt. I'd like to see some sort of push up the middle, and the collapsing of the pocket around ol' Joe Flacco.

I'd LIKE to see Griffin get into a rhythm and read a defense. Throw a couple audibles, or obvious hot-read type passes. I'd like to see him make some plays to adjust to a defense, instead of ONLY relying on his O-line to keep him upright.

O-Line strength. No more piddly nonsense. Technical errors? Sure. Getting blown up off the ball and ending up in Griffin's lap? Unacceptable. Lets earn it this week.

On a personal note, I'd like to see the Ravens 3rd stringer continue to impress in camp. Bryn Renner. His dad was my football coach in HS, and I remember that kid running around our practices picking up blocking pads and handing out water bottles.

What's the point in watching? The season is over...I heard so in a couple other threads.

Nah I expect between Almo, Jones & Darryl Young we're gonna see a clinic on the ground game. Bob will look meh but coach will call some rollouts & such this time.

On to Week 3!

Where we might finally get to see some of the guys we've been waiting on--DJax, Galette, Karrigan, Crowder, perhaps Breeland--and, of course, how our first-string OL and QB bounce back from last week's ... difficulties.

We'll also get the Ravens, at their place, coming off the drubbing they took in Philly last week. Preseason or not, I expect the Skins will be get a relatively focused purple team looking to show their fans and local media they are going to be just fine.

We'll get limited game-planning from both sides, which will make any results, good or bad, seem that much more magnified that say, weeks 1, 2 or 4. So we have that going for us.

Thoughts on what you would like to see, expect to see, or some combination of both?
I want, would like to, and expect, for the owner of my favorite Redskins fans website, to know how to spell our best ****ing player's name!!!

Karrigan? Really?

It's one thing to hate on blonde haired blue eyed girls. Apple pie, and broke down Chevrolets. But to hate on the best player on the team, simply because you don't like white people, goes way beyond that of acceptable disclosure.

Other than that, no injuries, 1st team offense score a touchdown, or two. And Boone's nipple ring picture added to the Redskins Ring of Honor.

won't address the QB drama...others have done that ad pukem.

I'd simply like to see a game where the Skins' lines start exerting a physical presence that is dominating at times.

we've held out so many starters so far that it's near impossible to figure out just how much this team has improved. so....would also like to see Day 1 starters on the field after the coin toss.

I want to see fewer missed tackles. I expect I won't see that many fewer unless Thompson plays defense.
I want to see the the CB's play closer to the line of scrimmage. I expect to see them layoff 7 yards because 5 is just too darn close.

I want to see better OLine play. I expect that is going to happen.
I want to see a solid run game against a very good run defense. I expect that will happen also.

I want to see Reed get from the locker room to the sideline without getting injured. I expect he'll play quite a bit to get in sync with the rest of the first string that really hasn't played much together at the same time so far.

I want to see no injuries. I expect everyone else wants the same.

I want to see the starting O line we plan on having for the season opener on the field..... That to me is the highest priority. No matter how you spin it, this team only goes as far as the O line does. Sure we can run it till they figure out how to stop it, but we can't be one dimensional. We need a balanced attack, and the line is where it starts....... don't care who's under center.

The other stuff I'd like to see has been covered by others already.

McLovin' has talked a lot about establishing an identity associated with physicality. Specifically, he's discussed the importance of at the very least making the opposition "feel it" the next day when they play the Washington Redskins, regardless of the final score.

While I realize that establishing this type of mentality and identity does take time, I can't say I've seen an enormous amount of this during the first few weeks of the preseason.

We've always traditionally struggled with physical football teams. Detroit's defense a week ago showed us that this might still very well be the case.

Quite simply, I want this club to walk into Baltimore and not be pushed around against a team that has traditionally been known to be aggressive and a bully.

For where our team stands right now, I can't think of a better opponent to play in the so-called dress rehearsal.

I expect Flacco to be able to buy enough time in the pocket to pick apart out secondary, mainly because the Ravens will struggle to run the ball.
I expect Griffin to continue to struggle but make a play or two that gives us hope.
I expect trickeration from Harbaugh at some point. He likes pulling that crap against the Skins during preseason.
I expect Crowder to make us all smile a time or two.
Since it's the hard-hitting Ravens and we're, unfortunately, in a pattern, I expect to lose another player to a season ending injury. :(

expect: more of the same ie poor execution, and poor scheming (with the admitted caveat that game planning is severely limited or not non existent).

want: COMPETENCE

I would like to see RG3 display some of best qualities of Kirk and Colt.

Kirk sees an open receiver and he guns it. Make the defender fear giving the receiver any space. RG3 has a gun. Be decisive and use it.

Colt uses his legs to move around when things break down, but usually gets down with a slide, or finds an outlet. Slide, get out of bounds, find the outlet, or throw it away.

I'd like to see that myself. Plus, as a bonus we'd get to see if Cousins could do any better with the 1's than Bob has so far.

Not to turn this into another referendum on Robert, but for the record, what I'd LIKE to see from our QB position Saturday night is for Robert come out against the Ravens 1's and be effective. I'd like to see indications that last week was an anomaly--the exception and not the rule. Some movement in the pocket, under control, and smart decisions with the football.

End of the day, I still think he has as much talent and raw potential as anyone in the league--the question for me is going to be whether the team can progress with him as a starter while he learns his craft.

Week one he looked okay to me in very limited action, but under little pressure. Week two, under considerable pressure, not so much. Week three, ideally for me, would be to see him face some pressure and respond to it professionally.

Unfortunately (nothing absolutely confirmed as of this moment) it was floated in another thread that Jax wont play so we wont get to see him til week 1.

That being said, I'd like to see a strong pass rush develop over the 1st half. Guys are game planning for this game, so guys are going to have to adapt. I'd like to see some sort of push up the middle, and the collapsing of the pocket around ol' Joe Flacco.

I'd LIKE to see Griffin get into a rhythm and read a defense. Throw a couple audibles, or obvious hot-read type passes. I'd like to see him make some plays to adjust to a defense, instead of ONLY relying on his O-line to keep him upright.

O-Line strength. No more piddly nonsense. Technical errors? Sure. Getting blown up off the ball and ending up in Griffin's lap? Unacceptable. Lets earn it this week.

On a personal note, I'd like to see the Ravens 3rd stringer continue to impress in camp. Bryn Renner. His dad was my football coach in HS, and I remember that kid running around our practices picking up blocking pads and handing out water bottles.

Scherff will have had almost 10 days to live with getting abused. I want to see him bounce back big, bad and mad.

I want to see as much of the backup QBs as possible. Because one of them will be starting the majority of our games this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.