• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is Gruden playing possum?

Still thinking that Gruden is gone by the bye and Callahan takes over. Just a gut feeling.

Has there ever been a successful HC that was previously an OL coach? There must be at least one. No one jumps to mind though.

Last edited:
Not sure too many will have gone directly from OL to HC * without having been at least a coordinator first (like Callahan), but I'd be willing to bet there are a decent number who were OL coaches at some point in their pre-HC careers.

* I mean, that would be like going directly from QB coach to HC for chrissakes.

Has there ever been a successful HC that was previously an OL coach? There must be at least one. No one jumps to mind though.

You know he was an OC in Oakland for 4 years, then took over as HC for 2 more. During those 6 years, they won the division 3 years in a row, and made it to the superbowl.

What surprised me was Callahan's decision to leave the pukes. They have an improved o-line, and contrary to what I believe, many think they have some good years ahead.

Jerruh must have pissed him off somehow to leave to go to a rival team within the division.

Or did the ol' bait and switch... told him he was next in line to take over as HC, then threw Garrett a 5 year deal.. that'll chap anybody's hind part

I dunno. Given their good year last year, it'd be hard for Jerruh to fire Garrett. That fan thing, you know.

Now, Callahan being given an offer of being next in line here probably isn't far fetched. He's part of the Allen fraternity, and everyone knows Gruden is just a 'kid.'

Oh no doubt... but when Callahan was hired, Dallas was supposed to have a bottom feeding defense, mixed with an injury prone RB, a QB that struggles in the clutch, and a HC that forgot how to run the football consistently. Then they decided to win football games and Callahan is put on the back burner.... No fact stating this, just me connecting mental dots is all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.