• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Holy Cow Reffkin!

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Skinscast Podcast
This last podcast came out a day or two before the Browns game.
I have listened to most of their podcasts over the past few years and although it is refreshing not to have a bunch of homers throw sunshine up our butts, it was tough listening to Reffkin this time. It all came down to the fact that he has no belief in RG3. Although he started to say that we improved in several areas, he would not equate that into changing outcomes in games. Said he was being overly optimistic if we won 6 games.
Pappas was more optimistic, but he also had little positive to say about RG3.

IMO if our offense stays on the field longer, which I strongly believe it will this year, our defense by using simple logic will improve. Throw in the additions in FA and the Draft I see no reason why this does not equate to more wins.

I will still continue to listen to them, as they are long time hardcore Redskins fans.

There is plenty of evidence to not have faith in him. There is the cynicism of the Dan Snyder era, combined with how he played the past 2 years. You can always make the case that it will be bad given those two factors. It really comes down to Griffin; to see if his confidence is going to be the equivalent of Campbell "unleashing the dragon", or something more solid. 2012 gives much of us hope that he can do the right thing; he has shown us he can win tough games, after all.

I just want to be able to watch a game that doesn't have me wanting to cover my eyes for the 4th quarter. Too many of those last year.

Griffin will obviously be a major factor in success/failure. but cmon now...it is a team sport.

what we are witnessing is bandwagon thinking in the extreme.

I personally give these people no credence now...or ever again.

Griffin either succeeds or fails on the field this season. there's nothing new in any of this. griffin needs to anticipate and make fast, correct decisions. got it. let's see if his new teaming with Cavanaugh and Gruden enables him to succeed. if not....he's done in DC.

If these arse wipes were even marginally good at prediction they'd be retired and sippin mai tais on some beach after winning multiple lotteries and Vegas football polls.

Griffin will obviously be a major factor in success/failure. but cmon now...it is a team sport.

what we are witnessing is bandwagon thinking in the extreme.

I personally give these people no credence now...or ever again.

Griffin either succeeds or fails on the field this season. there's nothing new in any of this. griffin needs to anticipate and make fast, correct decisions. got it. let's see if his new teaming with Cavanaugh and Gruden enables him to succeed. if not....he's done in DC.

If these arse wipes were even marginally good at prediction they'd be retired and sippin mai tais on some beach after winning multiple lotteries and Vegas football polls.

Fan, there are guys who get beaten down with losing. Repetitive losing. Losing after expecting to win.
They are not Joe Theismann or Larry Michael types and it is good that they do not try to be, but they should not have to see good things happen before they can believe they will.

I liked what I saw on the right side of the line on Thursday. I hope we see more of that tomorrow night vs Detroit.

It is the ultimate team game, like you mention. Throw in the additions of Cavanaugh and Callahan. Reffkin needs to value these additions, which he failed to do.

Solitary....appreciate that you are taking the time to engage and make BGO a better experience for everyone!

Myt comments were not directed at you! It's preseason....for crying out loud. I'm just worn out and frustrated with all the nay-sayers. this is a time for optimism. there have to be some refuges in modern life where one can draw "good vibes." pre-season is one of them in my book. we're not even one pre-season game into things and the forces of evil :) are already marshaling to rip everything.

it's too much! too soon.

I love the Skinscast guys, particularly Pappas who is one of the nicest and hardest working guys you'll meet. Ive wished for years we could combine forces :)

I also agree, whether you believe in Griffin or have lost faith, theres plenty of evidence to support your position. Thats what makes him such a maddening QB to root for.

I think the key point (already made) is that we don't have to win on his shoulders - build immense talent around him and reign him in, be a power rishing team with play action and short yardage passing and it might be a recipe to win long-term with Griffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.