• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - Redskins Recon-The Preseason: The Lions

It's going to be interesting watching our collective reactions to games this year. On the one hand, intellectually I think we all understand that the team could be much improved but still not have it show up dramatically in the win column in 2015. On the other hand, I think we all know how hard we all take it when what looks and feels like a winnable game slips away, and that there's going to be a whole lot of tooth-gnashing in the hours and days following any particular loss.

Fan life is not for the faint of heart.

OH SHIT!!!!

I owe you my first born son for this...

I will tell jr he has to change his name to Om today.
Most kind. But no thanks.

I 've done my time ... times three. :)

You understand the point Al. I *think* Griffin will be much better this year. But until it happens its just an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boone...I gotcha. 20+ years and most of us are in "show me" mode. I'm just thinking on what McL is doing, see it for what it is (the first year in a 3 year plan), and am happier than a hog in ****. I don't need to see a lotta wins (though that wld DEFINITELY be nice!). IMO, we have adult supervision finally running the show. another way of sayin: "we are morphing intop a more professional organization."

btw...I also see how tenuous contracting can get in the next year or so - but what a good position to be in (i.e., can't keep all the performers). just the same.......for the first time in forever...this all has a better feel to it.

Right?!

Stupid sexy silent threat teased Glover and I last week. I can't take it no more!!

Thanks for the kind words!!!

And I KNOW!!! BGO Tailgate is putting a damper on the expendable income for the time being.

With Arizona, New Orleans and Atlanta all having made a Super Bowl, the Lions are now perhaps the sorriest franchise in the NFL since the merger.

Their fans are delusional that their team is anything more than 7-9 quality.

And those 7 wins are predicated on Calvin Johnson staying healthy for 16 games.

Close race between the Lions and Browns, I guess. At least they have history (the other two, JAX and HOU, are an expansion team and the former Oilers, respectively). Although as a fan of the Redskins, given the past two decades, it's probably best not to laugh and point all that loud.

boone...I gotcha. 20+ years and most of us are in "show me" mode. I'm just thinking on what McL is doing, see it for what it is (the first year in a 3 year plan), and am happier than a hog in ****. I don't need to see a lotta wins (though that wld DEFINITELY be nice!). IMO, we have adult supervision finally running the show. another way of sayin: "we are morphing intop a more professional organization."

I am simply numb to this point, so numb I just don't believe this. I was all in on the Scot McGloughan move, but when we hired Joe Barry when Wade Phillips was here for an interview and left thinking he was our guy...I was left thinking we probably won't see a consistent winner in Washington in our lifetime. I truly believe Dan Snyder is poison, and I was one of his biggest supporters until 3 years ago.

Close race between the Lions and Browns, I guess. At least they have history (the other two, JAX and HOU, are an expansion team and the former Oilers, respectively). Although as a fan of the Redskins, given the past two decades, it's probably best not to laugh and point all that loud.

Uh...I hate to sound pedantic but it's the Tennessee Titans that used to be the Houston Oilers.

August 20, 2015

ANNOUNCEMENT OF LINEUP CHANGES

LANDOVER, Md. – The teams have announced the following lineup changes for tonight’s game between the Washington Redskins and Detroit Lions:

For the Washington Redskins:

- The following Redskins are not expected to play:

o No. 11 WR DeSean Jackson

o No. 23 CB DeAngelo Hall

o No. 26 CB Bashaud Breeland

o No. 51 LB Will Compton

o No. 58 LB Junior Galette

o No. 71 T Trent Williams

o No. 73 DE Frank Kearse

o No. 80 WR Jamison Crowder

o No. 86 TE Jordan Reed

o No. 91 LB Ryan Kerrigan

- No. 14 Ryan Grant is expected to start in place of Jackson at wide receiver.

- No. 39 David Amerson is expected to start in place of Hall at cornerback.

- No. 60 Willie Smith is expected to start in place of Williams at left tackle.

- No. 87 Je’Ron Hamm is expected to start in place of Reed at tight end.

- No. 94 Preston Smith is expected to start in place of Kerrigan at linebacker.

For the Detroit Lions:

- The following Lions are not expected to play:

o No. 16 WR Lance Moore

o No. 33 CB Alex Carter

o No. 35 RB Joique Bell

o No. 66 T LaAdrian Waddle

o No. 81 WR Calvin Johnson

o No. 91 DE Jason Jones

o No. 92 DT Haloti Ngata

- No. 10 Corey Fuller is expected to start in place of Johnson at wide receiver.

Please make the following updates to the flip card:

- Omit No. 68 C Darren Keyton from the Lions’ rosters and depth chart. The Lions placed Keyton on their Reserve/Injured list earlier this week.

- Change Lions linebacker Kevin Snyder to No. 51. Snyder recently changed his number from No. 46.

Once again our pass rush is on second string players....damn, man. I want to see these guys work and get some gelling in!

With Arizona, New Orleans and Atlanta all having made a Super Bowl, the Lions are now perhaps the sorriest franchise in the NFL since the merger.

Their fans are delusional that their team is anything more than 7-9 quality.

And those 7 wins are predicated on Calvin Johnson staying healthy for 16 games.

Didnt the Lion go 11-5 last year?

When was the last time we went 11-5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.