• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Offically Game-day!!!

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
IT'S OFFICIALLY GAME DAY!!!!!

What do YOU want to see tonight?

1. The obvious... Griffin. I REALLY want to see that he's taken another step in the right direction.

2. Scherff. Time to pony up big boy, lets do this.

3. Arie Kouandjio. Calahan said he's the best 4th round O-lineman he's ever seen. I'd love to see this kid come in and develop into the LG to go with Williams at LT.

4. I want the big uglies up front, top to bottom, to control the line and establish lanes.

Kinda bummed that Crowder is going to be out, been hearing great things about him.

I figure we're going to see some ground game tonight, so I'd love to see the OLine look like a professional, capable OLine. It won't mean the sky is falling if they don't because this is the first preseason game, but sure would be nice if they looked good for a few plays.

1) Big men, big men, big men. I haven't seen a Redskins team consistently look strong up front on either side of the ball in many years. One preseason game, or even parts of one, won't mean much, but it sure would be nice to see us not look overmatched at the line of scrimmage. Been watching with cautions optimism as Scot M has started trying to fix that--be nice to see that supported a little right out of the gate.

2) Robert.

3) Don't lose anybody.

I'm looking to see something from the revamped d line. Also hoping to see some of the draft picks flash.

As always, for me, preseason priorities go lika dis.

1. Nobody gets hurt. Injuries can, by themselves, ruin a season.
2. See Reason #1
3. Starting offense and defense, execute basic plays, efficiently.
4. Our scrubs, beat their scrubs.
5. Look for backups who shine on special teams.
6. Special teams starters, get the snap-hold-kicks right. For the others, kick coverages, and returns, are usually such a hodge-podge of future car wash rag men, it's hard to spot the shiners, unless they really shine.
7. Root for the long shots.

I want to see a fake extra point.

I want to see Glover get beat up by browns fans on television while swinging my head on a stick wildly!

I want to see Griffin be consistent

I want matt Jones to punish fools

I want the lines to dominate

I want interceptions

I want swagger

I WANT A GODDAM BEER!!!

Curmudgeonly old Rick Snider, having a bit of fun:

Five things to watch in the Redskins? preseason opener - The Washington Post

The Redskins open their preseason Thursday night in Cleveland against the Browns (8 p.m., NBC/CSN). The starters will probably play only the first quarter or so, and players who will soon be cut will likely be on the field for the majority of the second half. But among the lineup shuffles, there will be things to watch from both regulars and reserves that will affect the final 53-man roster. And who knows, maybe Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel will even use his entire hand when waving to the Redskins’ bench this time. Here’s what to keep an eye on...

So far, he (RGIII) has shown little in camp that says Year 4 will be better than last season.

Did I miss something... ?

Morris has been a bargain over the past three seasons, but his production has decreased each year since he rushed for a team-record 1,613 yards as a rookie.

Well, since that was a team record and he has still gotten over 1,000 yards in the last two seasons with a poo poo platter Offense...

With the rule change, extra points are now 33 yards (instead of 20). Most kickers make those regularly, but some coaches are considering whether to instead try two-point conversions from 2 yards out. Coach Jay Gruden hasn’t said much on his philosophy and probably won’t reveal any of his two-point plays in the preseason, at least with the starters.

Or maybe he doesn't have any particular two-point plays... ?

Nick

Nah, you didn't miss anything, Nick. Snider did. He missed everything but the opportunity to fish for clicks and comments.

Consistent, quality pass protection.

QB anticipation and quick decision-making.

Consistent d-line disruptive pass rush pressure.

Well, I dont know if his grandfather is playing. Oh, you meant RG III!!!

My bad....

Is anyone going to be chatting during the game? I doubt I can but I can try if anyone is on around 6:30PM PST

Well, I dont know if his grandfather is playing. Oh, you meant RG III!!!

My bad....

I'm just done with typing the "3". Either it's too much work, or I'm too lazy to remember to simultaneously lift my pinky off the Shift button when hitting the 3, to avoid typing RG#.

Wait, maybe it's easier to type RG III, like you just did. Then you don't have to remove the Shift button for the "III". A lot easier

I'm just done with typing the "3". Either it's too much work, or I'm too lazy to remember to simultaneously lift my pinky off the Shift button when hitting the 3, to avoid typing RG#.

Wait, maybe it's easier to type RG III, like you just did. Then you don't have to remove the Shift button for the "III". A lot easier
What about Bob?

:beatnik:

No injuries

Both lines improving

2015 draft picks making plays

A Raheemless secondary actually stopping opponents

Johnny Football sacked 3+ times

Speaking of Tight Ends not named Cooley ... ahem ... here are the guys we'll be seeing tonight. Went looking because Doc Walker was just talking about Mahina. Apparently he caught Doc's eye early in camp, and old 88 is excited to see the big boy play. Now I am, too. That's a big dude.

83Dixon, ChaseTE6-524024 1Central Arkansas
87Hamm, Je'RonTE6-323623 1Louisiana-Monroe
89Mahina, DevinTE6-625026 RBrigham Young
84Paul, NilesTE6-124126 5Nebraska
82Paulsen, LoganTE6-526128 6UCLA
86Reed, JordanTE6-323725 3Florida

<tbody>
</tbody>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.