• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Initial Depth Chart Released

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Here is the first look at the Skins depth chart for the 2015 season.

Attachments

• depthchart.jpg
    depthchart.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 128
Niles has come in bigger and playing well. Reed can get it back though

Just fyi, guys and gals:

@ZacBoyer: The Redskins compiled a mandatory depth chart in advance of their preseason opener, and it's done without coaches' input. Thus, carry on...

Sounds even more likely now, that Reed may be traded

Based on what exactly - that he's 2nd string? And the reason some fans would want him traded would be the same reason we wouldn't get value for him in a trade. Reed will get one more season to show he can stay on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't see this as any kind of "Cut-in-stone" definitive list just yet. There are a lot of roster cuts coming yet, some players may show out as being surprisingly good, or fail to come through as expected-or hoped for-against real NFL level competition during the preseason games.

Until evidence indicates otherwise, I'm taking this a more a rough draft than what we can expect to see when the season actually starts with the preseason games adding editing notes.

So how has Moses been looking at RT with the Scherff to his inside? Wasn't he looking like buttered shit last year there?

Hope not a long run "force structure". Scherff is a fine player....but the number five pick in the draft for a guard? nope.

I know. way too early.

BB hears the whispers on the inside, ya know?

Mostly my stomach growling when I'm hungry.

Anyway...

Wasn't there a couple of UVA types who said not to give up on Moses? Just saying.

This depth chart is not an official one. I can tell you that Compton is ahead of Nsehke. Crowder is ahead of Grant.

I don't really care if he ends up being a beast at guard. The Robert Gallery fiasco (another Iowa Hawkeye) stands out a little in my mind but everyone thought that dude was a bonafide stud left tackle so the bar was set super high. Here I think many feel he may be a right tackle but can be a above average guard. I trust Callahan to do the right thing here. I mean how could I not?

If we have a functioning offensive line that allows Robert time enough to set and throw so we can properly evaluate him, I don't care when they were drafted or where else they came from.

And because it seems like it needs to be said ... Scherff starting at RG in preseason of his rookie season does NOT necessarily mean he'll be starting there in week 1 of the regular season ... or next season ... or any of the dozen-or-so seasons to come he'll hopefully be locking down a position on an OL that has been a travesty for the better part of a generation.

Where someone was drafted, if drafted at all, is the most meaningless bit of information there is.
Draft position has nothing to do with a player's success, or failure.

Geez Louise!

... or value to a team.

Maybe Morgan Moses suddenly started playing like a #5 overall pick at RT
...thus rendering the same overall value of those 2 draft picks combined :)

Ha! funny!

Just thinking about POSSIBLE opportunity costs. We won't know, as the saying goes, how smartly the pick was used for several years.

I want the best offensive line out on the field. Period. Who cares where they play or where they were drafted. This isn't 6 years ago where you had to pay him LT money for being drafted that high. They took the best O lineman in the draft and they took him to play O Line.

The only potential 'missed opportunity of value' I see is the career comparison between our guy and the 'other' guy available when our pick came up.

Should get some early look-see come Oct 18.

Best available (at position of need) now gets developed in camp and practice, this years draft is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.