• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Initial Depth Chart Released

Personally I see him just as valuable as a Guard. I know that by tradition, Tackles are theoretically more important foundations to build upon. But the way the inside of our line has getting collapsed on a regular basis, having Scherff at Guard will have a profound difference.

Personally I see him just as valuable as a Guard. I know that by tradition, Tackles are theoretically more important foundations to build upon. But the way the inside of our line has getting collapsed on a regular basis, having Scherff at Guard will have a profound difference.

I agree! Especially with a downhill, timing style runner like Morris. If Scherff can clean up that interior where Morris is getting to the line clean, it's huge!

He hasn't even played a single regular season down and you've already called him a failure. Good gosh..at least let their be thunder clapping before you scream the sky is falling!

A guard at #5 in the draft is failure. It doesn't matter if he plays for 10 years.
Your opinion. And, a poor one, IMHO.

Yeah, and there's a lot of 'hopefully' and 'no one knows until'...
A truth. Amazing.

The fact is that Scherff doesn't look like he'll start at RT unless there's an injury.
False. It's your current opinion, not a fact.

And, Moses is a guy coming off an injury that hasn't allowed him to work out at RT until, I believe, after the OTA's. Playing up Moses only takes the pressure off of Scherff not working out at RT.
Opinion. Stated as such.

Oh, and BTW, the entire world was saying Scherff was an NFL caliber guard, not a tackle
False. The "entire world" did NOT say that.

We need to quit making excuses for bad decisions by management.
No, you need to accept that every decision you don't agree with is not automatically bad.
But even if it were, why does someone making excuses on a message board matter, at all? The reality is, it gives another excuse to bitch and complain. Which appears to be your favorite thing in life.

If Scherff remains a guard for his career, this first pick will be looked at as a miss.
Only by you. And what's that worth?

And, let's see how Williams works out for the Jets.
Not a redskin. Who gives a flying ****?

Mark May came in as a tackle taken in Round 1 and went on to a 12 year NFL career including pro bowls at guard.

The goal is to add quality talent.

If you end up with a blue chip player where you take him in the draft becomes irrelevant.

For all those that rag on whether a guard is a mistake pick, just remember that the Redskins have had a pro bowl athletic LT in Williams for the past several years but the line was still a disappointment overall.

Recall all those plays at the goal line where the Redskins were pushed back?

Guys like Scherff and Moses have the size and strength to make an impact on the line.

If Scherff starts as a G for the next 10 years, why does it matter that we drafted him at 5? I personally don't care where we pick players, if they help the team win. Who cares where he was drafted? Does that mean Tom Brady was a bad choice, because you aren't supposed to get franchise QBs in the 7th round? Starting football players are starting football players. If they help you win, you pick them when you can. If you pick him expecting him to be your RT and it turns out the transition wasn't expected, you put him in a position to succeed. He was touted as the best O-Lineman in the draft. What is our biggest position of need? Some would say O-lineman. Get the best guy and plug him in where it's the most beneficial to the team, draft status, salary, last name, none of that means anything. If he sucks you cut him, if he's better at G, you put him there.

It means everything to draftniks like Kiper who spend all year arguing a guy is not worth the 10th pick but is a steal at 20 😜

The Jimmy Johnson draft value system worked for him and the Cowboys but it isn't set in stone to be the only system to work.

The Raiders drafted Ray Guy in the first round as a punter and later took Dave Dalby a center in the first as well.

Both of those are 'no no' moves according to the charts.

But the Raiders won 3 Super Bowls doing it their own way.

Beathard also broke most of the 'rules' in the draft but kept coming up with talented players.

or a OL coach saw something that he might be even better at and tried him there

or the other RT has stepped up and played better than he has

so many other things it could have been there is no need to jump right in to criticizing people who have proven track records of picking, molding, and helping create great football players.

Callahan doesn't have a track record?

Scot has forgotten more about football than people like us will ever know. Critiquing him based on assumptions and emotion are never going to fly with anyone who really watches the game.

Right on, man. I am not going to continue this with you. I'll wait until after at least week 1 of any game before casting judgment.

Hail.

Not sure what that means, Ax.
Condensed milk was substituted for...

You have a predetermined opinion on everything you don't agree with. You refuse to even entertain the thought of acknowledging your bias towards your own warped opinions, even if confronted with contrary examples that even Raymond ****ing Babbit would understand. I sometimes get the feeling you do this just so people will talk to you. It was cute watching you harass Cowboy, and Eagle fans at that other site. Even though everyone knew most of your arguments were nonsensical, kill a fly with a hammer bullshit, at least it was aimed at the enemy. Those same tactics, used to try and preach your "Gloom and Doom", or "It's The Danny" manifesto is boorish at best, and downright intentionally insulting.

You're white noise. If you're right, you want to be added to Mt. Rushmore. When you're wrong, which happens more often, you change the criteria, or use a "it depends on what 'is', is" style of defense to justify your stance. Regardless of how ridiculous it may sound.

As a member here, it is your right. Just as, as a member here, I have a right to say, you're full of condensed milk.

I think the move of Scherff to guard (if that's even the long term decision, which remains to be seen) is more about what they are seeing with Moses and less about Scherff's capabilities. Both guys were college tackles - but they may feel Moses has the ideal wing span and physical size to play tackle at the NFL level. Have you heard them rave about Moses size and wingspan? If you have two guys capable at tackle but one guy is deemed a natural guard, why not use them both to lock down that entire right side for years to come. To somehow paint this as a sign of failure or weakness is pretty silly before a snap of live football has been played. Moses is going to surprise now that he's healthy - I have been saying it and you'll see what a great OL coach like Callahan can do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign the top ranked OL and people complain we didn't draft Leonard Williams.

Sign Leonard Williams and people whine and cry that our OL sucks.

Can't win with some people.

Would Leonard even start on the DL with the players we have stacked on there right now?

No, no he wouldn't.

I'm glad to see a difference in opinion here. It shows that folks are not afraid to voice theirs. I am glad that we have Skins fans here that have the guts to speak their minds.
Personally, I would have drafted Scherff if we were picking 1st overall. I love his toughness, attitude, strength, versatility. He brings much needed help on this Oline.

Sign the top ranked OL and people complain we didn't draft Leonard Williams.

Sign Leonard Williams and people whine and cry that our OL sucks.

Can't win with some people.

Completely agree. It's the same with the draft vs free agent. If you build through the draft, people complain you didn't sign player X. If you sign player X, people complain you tried to buy a winner and aren't building through the draft.

Only one thing fixes both, winning.

Scherff wouldn't have been there in round 2 when we picked again. If a trade was on the table that would have allowed us to trade down and still get him, and we did not take it, then sure, I guess you can be pissed. Not that we would ever know that anyway. If the kid turns out to be a good-great RG, then we solidified our OLine for years to come, and took him at an appropriate spot because he wouldn't have been there when we picked next.

If Scherff bombs and blows, then sure, we will all be pissed. But then again, that won't really have anything to do with where he was drafted at that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.