• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Player of the Game

Gotta be Rak with 4 sacks and a FF. Campbell also a very good game. Carter blew his chance by whiffing on picking up that fumble.

I swear Jamarcus Russell looks like Campbell earlier in the year. Maybe our player of the game should be whoever knocked Gradkowski out of the game.

Gotta say Rak! But as much as I have criticized Jason Campbell this year I must acknowledge a great game played by this young man. For the 1st time this year he scored points in a 2 minute drill, not just points but a TD!

I went with Brian Orakpo. Or, as Dick Stockton calls him: Brian Orapohannock. When was the last time a Redskin had 4 sacks in one game?

I went with Brian Orakpo. Or, as Dick Stockton calls him: Brian Orapohannock. When was the last time a Redskin had 4 sacks in one game?

For SHAME!!! Turn in your fan card!! Phillip Daniels abusing Torin Tucker for 4 sacks in the 35-7 shelacking of Dallas at FedEx in 2005.

Yep..Ken Harvey had one and Dexter did too.

My player is obviously Rak as well but I would like to give some love to Laron. He played SS and did a hell of a job I think. He was up on the line and he laid some wood today. Ran thru people instead of diving at them, made a hell of an INT and did well.

Also I would like to say that Davis is just making my heart smile. He is playing his heart out and I see a lot of 2 TE sets next year.

Mike, Laron was burned badly twice by McFadden, badly. I mean McFadden made him look like a high school player.

sorry but i dont see it that way. him and reed mixed signals on the one where he fell down and even champ bailey gets burned at times.

im not going to get in to a debate with you either. my opinion is mine and im not going to engage in the back and forth.

Mike, your entitled to your opinion and obviously you see it differently because you always want to see the good in these guys. I respect that. But you have to look at the reality, he bit on almost the exact double move play he got burned with twice last week.

Champ Bailey gets burned once in a while, but it is not good for anyone to get burned badly 4 times in 2 games. He played better in the 2nd half, I will give you that, but he is still making the same mistakes. He is not good in coverage, that is apparent.

im going to ask you to stop doing stuff like this. the "reality" "everyone sees it"...just because i dont agree or see it from your point doesnt make what i see wrong. please try to respect me and my posts and understand that just because I dont see it like you do doesnt make me wrong. It makes it different. So your reality may be different then mine..but thats ok.

You're right Mike, perception is reality. In no way am I trying to disrespect you. I think you should know by now, I have a lot of respect for your passion for this team and as a man. Regardless, there is no arguing that Laron Landry got burned a couple of times yesterday. I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
Yep..Ken Harvey had one and Dexter did too.

My player is obviously Rak as well but I would like to give some love to Laron. He played SS and did a hell of a job I think. He was up on the line and he laid some wood today. Ran thru people instead of diving at them, made a hell of an INT and did well.

Also I would like to say that Davis is just making my heart smile. He is playing his heart out and I see a lot of 2 TE sets next year.

Sorry to pile on bud, but Landry's new nickname should be "Toast". Switched to his natural position and got burned badly. Granted, he didn't bite on a double move this week (quite), but McFadden made him look like a rookie

Sarge, hate to disagree, but yeah, Landry did bite on a double move on one of McFadden's catches (I believe the one that ended the 1st quarter). "Toast" is quite appropriate. I'm not sure what to do with the guy. It's like he's trying to do so much he's failing at everything.

Orakpo is far and away the player of the game. Though I guess I have to point out that JaMarcus Russell may as well be a punching bag in the pocket.

But it's a great game to build off of.

Landry was a rockstar around the line of scrimmage. Once he got 10 yards off it he lost all appeal. The guy needs to be SS full time. He is not the liability in coverage that Roy Williams used to be for Dallas but he is darn close.

Orakpo proved without a doubt yesterday he needs to be a full time DE. A 4 sack game from a rookie? Are you kidding me? Granted, he was helped by the offense putting up great numbers which forced the Raiders to all but abandon the run game but still. He did that without the benefit of lining up next to All World DT Haynesworth. Stop and think about that for a minute...

Yeah, I agree. Monster game from Rak. And although there were others in there (Gano for one) 4 sacks in one game is HUGE. Dexter type play from a rook. Hopefully he'll become a force that people game plan around for a long time

In case anyone was curious, Orakpo and Carter (both have 11 sacks on the season) are tied for 4th in the LEAGUE for sacks this morning. The only guys ahead of them are Elvis Dumervil (15), Jared Allen(12.5) and Dwight Freeney (11.5).

Pretty impressive.

Let Doughty and Horton fight it out for the FS job next year. Either one is serviceable.

I can't imagine how good this defense would have been if Taylor was on it. :(

sorry but i dont see it that way. him and reed mixed signals on the one where he fell down and even champ bailey gets burned at times.

im not going to get in to a debate with you either. my opinion is mine and im not going to engage in the back and forth.

Mike, I'm not insulting you in any way, so please don't take offense, but isn't the "back and forth" what these message boards are all about? Friendly debate on the Redskins? :)

And I didn't watch the game (first one in ~10 years), but I received several texts saying "Landry burned again," and things along those lines, from people who know their football. Obviously I can't comment though, because I didn't see the whole game.

I can't imagine how good this defense would have been if Taylor was on it. :(

I try not to think about it. However, if Taylor were still here, I doubt we'd have Haynesworth...we'd have had to pony up a large sum of money to keep #21 in the B&G. I'd take ST over Big Al 7 days a week and twice on Sundays, that's for sure.

So, what do we do with someone that is as big a liabilty in pass coverage as Landry is right now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.