• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves 8/5/15

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
August 5, 2015

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

RICHMOND, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following free agent:
CB Bryan McCann

The Redskins signed the following college free agent:
CB DreQuan Hoskey

The Redskins waived the following players:
CB Tevin Mitchel (designated as injured)
S Phillip Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so ends the injury plagued Redskins career of Phillip Thomas.

What about the guy we drafted this year - Mitchel, who was also waived ?
Is he done already ?
Or does that special "injury designation" indicate he may return to the Skins ?

They waived him with injury designation, so if he clears waivers, he goes onto our IR list and doesn't count against the cap. So hopefully, yes, he's still somebody we can work with later.

Hard to argue tr1... man, I was hoping they'd give Thomas one more year to see if he could get it going. I really thought he looked good before the injury. That one hurts.

I'm a little surprised they didn't try and bring Minnifield back. He at least played 6 games in 2014 and knows the scheme. He got some kind of an injury settlement back in December when they finally let him go, post-concussion in Week 13. Would've thought he was worth a depth signing...I don't think he's on another roster right now unless I missed it.

I'm a little surprised they didn't try and bring Minnifield back. He at least played 6 games in 2014 and knows the scheme. He got some kind of an injury settlement back in December when they finally let him go, post-concussion in Week 13. Would've thought he was worth a depth signing...I don't think he's on another roster right now unless I missed it.

Does he know the scheme? Different Coordinator right?

My bad, I need a slap upside the head. He knows the lockerroom and parking lots.

The 2013 draft was horrible:

ROUND PICK PLAYER SCHOOL
2 51 CB David Amerson North Carolina State - Demoted to second string...injuries may save his roster spot.
3 85 TE Jordan Reed Florida - Often injured...likely one more injury away from being done.
4 119 S Phillip Thomas Fresno State - Fired today.
5 154 RB Chris Thompson Florida State - Not sure he'll stay healthy, either.
5 162 LB Brandon Jenkins Florida State - Cut in July of last year.
6 191 S Bacarri Rambo Georgia - Is he still in the league?
7 228 RB Jawan Jamison Rutgers - Waived in 2013.

What's the big deal ?
Sounds like an average Redskins' draft to me !
At least, a pre-Scot draft
It's a new era any way. No point in finger-pointing a regime that's no longer making those decisions

The cutting of Phillip Thomas is not surprising at all to me. I never thought he was quick or decisive enough in the open field.
Watching the Colts pick up Tevin Mitchel was a little surprising. Our secondary has been upgraded enough that neither loss should impact the team.

Tom Compton to me is at-risk.

The team can find a better veteran backup in the pre-final cuts.

He and LeRibeus just don't stand out, 3-4 years into their careers.

It's time to cut bait.

Tom Compton to me is at-risk.

The team can find a better veteran backup in the pre-final cuts.

He and LeRibeus just don't stand out, 3-4 years into their careers.

It's time to cut bait.

While it may be clear that LeRib may not be starting material (he probably deserves another year even for that) there's probably still room for him, at least as a backup, especially with him playing the 2nd position of Center.

We have a new O-line coach, and a new scheme, so let's see what value Rib has after this year.

Leribeus sucks - sorry - what has the guy done to warrant even respect as a backup. The fact that my auto correct changed his name to Keri Russell is all the evidence you need.

Leribeus sucks - sorry - what has the guy done to warrant even respect as a backup. The fact that my auto correct changed his name to Keri Russell is all the evidence you need.

Not in a rush to extend Leribeus?

Last year in the preseason, there was another epic Leribeus getting blown up play. I think it was vs Baltimore.
This is when guys are fighting for their jobs. I don't see how he has lasted this long.

Last year in the preseason, there was another epic Leribeus getting blown up play. I think it was vs Baltimore.
This is when guys are fighting for their jobs. I don't see how he has lasted this long.

one word.... Chris Chester

Shanahan's offensive system exposes the qb too much in the passing game.

It's lamentable a guy like Chester that was discarded by Baltimore in 2010 despite being a former high pick was able to come in here and start for 4-5 years.

That's where you really come to see how deficient our front office was.

The 2008 and 2011 drafts were some of the worst in team history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.